“Watch out for transport scams.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

Save Saved
You added Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1595 West Oakland Park Boulevard, I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3, Save 20%
Ranked #120 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale

444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Tecumseh, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

You know the hotel is in a rough area when you are not allowed into the lobby at night... Not just the standard "use room key for entry after 8pm..." No. This was totally different. The clerk stood inside an enclosed little room behind what appeared to be bullet resistant glass and he had to speak to me through a little speaker hole... They slid my receipt through a drop box. I'm not kidding. This actually happened.

The shuttle service to the hotel from the airport took 45 minutes to arrive after I called. The woman driving the shuttle wouldn't lift my luggage into the van. No problem. I'm a man, I can handle it. But you'd think if your chosen profession is to be a van driver, you would work out some upper body strength. The van itself was so rickety and loud that I had to end my phone call... It was not possible to have a conversation inside the van, which I felt could fall apart at any moment while driving down the highway.

Arriving at the hotel, I was told that my requested room type (King Bed) was overbooked and I would have to settle for two doubles. Not a big deal. Although I did find it odd that check in was at 3pm, I arrived at 4pm, and they were already out of rooms? Whatever. Double is fine.

My room itself was not the worst room I have ever seen, but it was pretty bad. I found a open bar of soap covered with a previous guest's body hair still in the shower and the microwave in the room's last cleaning was probably when Bill Clinton was in office... At this point, I was just too tired to argue, and I just decided that I just wasn't going to complain to the front desk... According to them, this hotel was "overbooked." I didn't want to risk getting an even WORSE room or no room at all... So I just sucked it up.

I should have found myself another hotel... I actually laid there in bed and thought about it, but was just too lazy to really do anything... I really should have... I got almost zero sleep. Apparently, this hotel is built in the middle of a rail yard. I don't know this for sure, but what I do know is that about every hour or so, I heard a train whistle - so loud, it was like I was sitting in my car at the railroad crossing - with the windows down. I also heard several arguments between other guests in the hall outside my room. I guess one of the guests in a nearby room owed another guest money and he wouldn't pay her. Sounded personal. Also, sometime around 1am, a car pulled up outside my room and the driver started honking the horn and shouting from the car for "Yolanda"... I was thankful that Yolanda eventually showed up... This whole episode was distracting me from the next train whistle...

The internet speed was just fine at this property though - and free! Shocking.

I had an early flight, so I checked out 4am and took a cab to the airport. The falling-apart hotel van to the airport doesn't start running until 6:30, so I took a cab. Cost was about $20, which is probably the most inexpensive cab I've ever had in Fort Lauderdale. At check out is where I experienced the ghetto-gas-station check out procedure mentioned above. It was just so embarrassing for this hotel - I almost felt bad for the guy locked in that little clerk room... NO ONE, not even guests at the hotel, are allowed in the lobby after dark. Sad times.

Unless you are looking for a unique Halloween-style thrill, I would stay elsewhere. I know I won't ever be back to this place...

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Good size suite. Great customer service. OK complimentary breakfast and must have free wifi. All good but beware if you get a room on the front of the hotel the road noise will wake you in the morning. The only thing stopping this from waking me through the night was the comfort of the beds. So if you intend to stay try to get a room opposite the main road.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North

Address: 1595 West Oakland Park Boulevard, I-95 & Oakland Park Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
Location: United States > Florida > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #120 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Wyndham, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Days Inn Oakland Park
Fort Lauderdale Days Inn

If you own or manage Days Inn Fort Lauderdale-Oakland Park Airport North, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.