“Horrible! Do Not Stay Here.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1700 W Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 (Formerly Quality Inn Airport & Cruiseport North)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #125 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Akron
“Horrible! Do Not Stay Here.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is by far the worst hotel I have stayed in. First of all the smell of mold is extremely strong. I got to my room and went down to check out. The manager on duty Terry said I had was there for almost 30 minutes so he could not let me check out. I asked for a different room and he replied there were no others available. He handed me a can of air freshener from behind the counter and said that there was no one their to clean it. The next thing was I could see light coming in from around the door and the air conditioner did not work. I called there corporate office and all they could offer me was points for my next stay. Also this hotel offers free shuttle service. Terry told us they would get us to Carnival Destiny when we booked. Well after we waited for 3 hrs because their shuttles did not come. They called someone for help who said that they could not take us to the port in Miami. So I got stuck with an 85$ taxi bill for my wife and 3 kids. Also please be advised of the neighborhood. its pretty rough. their is also no food or stores within walking distance. Please save yourself the time and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Not at all quality. Gives the brand a bad name. The staff is unorganized and disinterested. The building and rooms show inadequate attention. Van service is a joke. Owners are evidently trying to take advantage of a transient clientele. Stay anyplace else.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this hotel for the night before a cruise. They provided shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise port. There was also a limited buffet type breakfast provided. The room we got was on the top floor in the back overlooking an inland waterway. The room had been updated and was nice. Still had an old-school tube TV though. A big disadvantage was the location of the hotel which was not near anything. We had to take a cab to get dinner. Still, not having to pay for transportation from the airport and to the cruise port made this OK. There was problem at check in and Terry was very helpful in solving the problem.

Room Tip: Ask for an updated room. I don't think they all are at this point. Ask for a room in the back wi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Plantagenet, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We booked this hotel after our cruise, cause we thought it was a good deal. But little did we know that it is a dump!.. I really don't like to leave a negative review, but I think people should be advise that this is a very unsafe area. Everything gets locked down at 7:pm..even the hotel, how scary is that. We were told by people not to go out after 6pm and not to cross the street. We have stayed at Choice hotels many times, infact we are a member, but this was the most unexceptable place we have ever stayed in. We were 8 family members that stayed here. Once we seen the area, which is not close to anything, the unsafeness of staying here and the condition of the hotel, which is really run down..outdated and dirty!! We tried to call the 1-800 number to move to another Quality inn within the area, but they could do nothing, we were stuck staying a night, Thank god it was only one night! Anyways folks.. please read reviews of this place before booking.. If you care for the well being of your family, then please look else where.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here, then please ask for rooms on either the 4th or 5th floor, facing the...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Rexburg, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

It's close to the airport and from my experience I got what I paid for and then some. It's not in the best part of town but if your on a budget and and need a place to stay its a branded property and probably won't find a better rate for what it is.

• Stayed January 2013
Toronto, Ontario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife, sister in-law and I booked this hotel before our cruise. The selling points for me was the shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the ship plus breakfast included in the room rate. This was the least expensive hotel at this time of the year and it included the above selling points. The staff was very helpful and pleasant.

The hotel is more like a large motel with outdoor entrances and a separate lobby (one word of caution, the ice machine is located in the second floor breeze way with a soda machine. The ice maker worked fine but the soda machine spat out bottles almost at the boiling point).
The rooms are fairly clean but well worn, I noticed a stain on one of the sheets in our room. The price dictates the level of quality so don't expect the Ritz.
The one thing that I read about this place online that is very true is its poor location. There are few restaurants nearby and no real shopping. The neighbourhood is a little seedy, both my wife and sister in-law didn't feel safe as we walked after dark to the only restaurant within a half mile of the hotel. If you are looking to purchase beverages to take on the ship there is a Race Trac gas station and convenience store about a quarter mile west on Broward Blvd on the other side of I95. There in not much in the area for stores that are within walking distance.
The included breakfast was a better than average continental fair, with scrambled eggs and sausage. The eggs I think were of the premixed variety, but it was better than just cereal and toast.
The main point of staying at this hotel is the included shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to the port, this saves on cab fares or car rentals. They have a pick-up from port Everglades and drop off at the airport for 10 dollars per person available (in my experience you are better off taking a cab unless you are alone as it is generally cheaper and you get there quicker). The hotel has an awning and some chairs at the far east of the parking lot end for you while you wait for the shuttle. Some of our fellow cruisers thought the wait was too long and took a cab. I actually wished that they had a place to stay longer so we wouldn't arrive with the multitudes at the port and have to line up for an hour. I also believe that they have a park and cruise package that would drop you off and pick you up. I don't know if the extra fee applies to that.

I would definitely not spend a weeks vacation here, but if you don't mind a room a little rough around the edges for a night before or after a cruise it is more than adequate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The location is great if you are going on a cruise but the state of their rooms is poor at best. Paint chips, slow draining shower/tub and poor upkeep overall. On the upside the desk agent did make a good reccomendation for pizza ordering. Big C's downtown pizzeria, it was very good.

Room Tip: For a pre-cruise night stay(1 night stay) any room is good.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port? Share your experiences!