“Worst Day's Inn EVER!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

You added Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port to your Saves list
Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   1700 W Broward Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312 (Formerly Quality Inn Airport & Cruiseport North)   |
Ranked #120 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Worst Day's Inn EVER!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was very dirty, filled with mold in the bathroom, and looked like it had not been cleaned in months. There were burn marks and some other white stain on the bed spred and curtains in a nonsomking room. The smell in the room made us feel like puking. The staff was very unfriendly and unwilling to help us with any of our issues. Find another place to stay and stay away from here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Leavenworth, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

My 92 year old father and I had been travelling all day when we finally made the curbside pickup area at the Ft. Lauderdale Airport. We were both exhausted, but were told by the hotel there was an "accident" across the street and we wouldn't get picked up for 1.5 - 2 hours! We were forced to take a cab and were at the "Inn" in about 12 minutes.... The people at the front desk (obviously overworked) were surly and nasty.

The room was "livable", clearly heavily used with only a modicum of daily cleaning. The beds were ok (at least what I could see), but I didn't dare to walk barefoot on the carpet. We had hot water and the TV worked....

The location is a bit scary. The clerk at the tiny convenience store around the corner works behind bullet-proof glass, if that's any indication of the neighborhood... We were so tired, we actually got a decent nights sleep.

The "free shuttle to the cruise lines" is a terrible, drawn-out service. My elderly father and I were out in the near 90 degree heat for nearly two hours before the van going to our ship arrived. Absolutely NO heads-up from the hotel as far as what to expect with the shuttle service. Thankfully we only had to stay here one night before the cruise.... And hey, we only had to pay over $100 for the experience!

Not even budget-minded travelers would appreciate this place since there is no real "deal" to be had anywhere. They must get it right every now and then because they're still in business. My advice, pay a little more for a nicer place, spring for a taxi to the terminal and save yourself a lot of grief.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

This place smelled awful and my gut was telling me to find another place. I didn't want to sit or touch anything but had no choice. I have been to other days inn and didn't expect this place to be so bad. The front desk was helpful. Upon checking out I told the front desk the floor had water all over it from the ac she said thank you and they wouldn't have known it if I hadn't told her. Kinda freaked me out because there should be someone checking there rooms. The bathroom had mold in the corners, the whole room smelled funny. The entire night I was itchy. I slept with the light on I was so paranoid. Thought it was from being in the sun and my skin was dry. We arrived home the next day and threw all our clothes in the washer immediately. I didn't think to put my luggage outside, wish I had. Two days later I woke up with 60 plus bites all over my body. I had them checked my a doctor and they said they are bug bites. I have not slept for three days. Worst 50 dollars spent ever! Don't stay here.

• Stayed May 2012
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Called hotel at 11:30pm for pickup. Picked up 15 min later at agreed location. Check in took 5 min. Got exactly the room i wanted, quiet side of bldg right next to pool. Short walk to donut shop for snack and unwind. room had 2 queen beds..one for luggage. Room very clean. Buffet breakfast met expectations and plenty of seating. Free internet worked even poolside. pool real clean and great place to wait for shuttle to cruise terminal at 11:30. Front desk effecient and area very clean. We'll be back, nothing to complain about at all!!

Room Tip: reserve well in advance and recheck day before arrival. ask for back side of hotel near pool appear...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Parma, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

It was a nice hotel for one stay before the cruise. There is free shuttle to the cruiseport and back. Parking for your car for a small daily fee.

Room Tip: I found it very convenient for the cruise.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Springfield, mo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Our room was adequate. However, we were expecting a free shuttle from the airport. We waited for an hour or more, one couple waited far longer. Some never got the shuttle and had to take a cab. Hotel was 100% booked. We booked it for just the night before our cruise left. Other people who also did that indicated that their rooms were terrible, old, and looked as if it had not been rented for a long time. The breakfast room was so small you could hardly get in it. Minimal continental breakfast because it was so crowded.
I would not recommend the hotel even tho our stay was ok.
Free shuttle to the cruise port was also a long wait with multiple trips. We waited about an hour for that, as well but some waited longer than us.
I would just share a cab with others going to the cruise port and go when ever you want. However, cabs were all booked up also.
The cruise was, however, wonderful - Holland America to St. Thomas.
Happy Travels.
Elaine

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Philadelphia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

The Days Inn was the cheapest hotel I could find that offered an airport/cruiseport shuttle.

Although the shuttle from the airport never showed up, it was a quick & inexpensive cab ride. We had better luck with the cruiseport shuttle. We lined up at about 11:15am (for a 12pm shuttle) and there was already a line. Luckily we didn't have to wait too long but who knows how long we would've had to wait if we had gotten there any later.

As for the room...eh. Decor was very outdated and the room was minimally skeevy.
***If you book this with low expectations, it'll be just fine.

Room Tip: Our room was right by the elevator...her heard 'pings' all night.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Days Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port? Share your experiences!