We booked our Christmas holidays here for 10 nights - we actually only stayed 7 nights, however.
The outside of the property is clean and nice. The back where the pool is has a nice and well maintained garden. The pool fence, however, is rusting and doesn't lock properly. If you have small children or pets, please be careful as the gate around the pool is often unlocked!
The hotel does have damage from Hurricane Isaac, so on the 3rd floor, there's actually a wall missing upon exiting the elevators. The rooms on the first floor are being fixed, so there are no rooms available in front of the pool area.
Our first room at this property was musty and the carpet was wet and mushy. Our A/C wasn't working properly and the fan in the bathroom was on constantly making quite a bit of noise. We moved from this room after a few nights. Management handled the issue well, in my opinion.
The WIFI in the room is spotty. If you ask them at the front desk, they will reset the router for you, but don't expect amazing speeds or consistent internet service. The McDonald's next door actually has better free WIFI.
The free breakfast consists of waffles, bread, bagels, apples, oranges, yogurt, juice, muffins, and eggs boiled for so long they are green. If you go late in the morning, there may not be any coffee left. The space is clean and well maintained.
Aside from that, we used the laundry facilities and any problems we had were handled by front desk promptly. It is nothing special, but it's good value and each room has a microwave and fridge. It was convenient for us staying as a family and keeping vacation costs low.
There's not tons in the area (very business/industrial). There's a Subway, Quiznos and Chilis not too far off.
Also, it's very close to the executive airport, so loud planes fly overhead frequently starting at 6:30am every morning. If the noise disturbs you, stay somewhere else.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Cypress Creek Hotel
- La Quinta Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- La Quinta Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale La Quinta
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, LaQuinta, Olotels, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Venere, Hotels.com, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.