I stayed here Christmas week. I had stayed at this hotel at least a dozen times over the past ten years. Quality of service has gone downhill. On this particular trip, there was a television guide on the desk when I checked in. It listed about 35 channels. Fewer than half came in, so I called down to reception to inquire if there was a problem with the cable. The front desk agent said, "No- none that I know of, I will send houseman up to your room." It was late- houseman came, did not even look at TV and said all the TVs in the hotel are this way, there was nothing he could do. I called back to reception as I had a multiple night reservation and asked if it could be fixed the next day while I was at work. "No problem" I am told. I returned to the room the next evening and the problem had not been fixed. The same desk agent that I spoke to the previous night was on duty, but another lady was working with her now. I mentioned the TV and how it had not been fixed. Now- the story is "We are in the process of switching from Direct TV to cable. These are the only channels that will work." I was given a new channel listing which was correct. I was annoyed because I was lied to the previous night when told there were no problems with the cable. In the desk agent's defense-- if she was truly unaware of the problem, she did assure me that it would be fixed the next day. It would have been nice if someone would have just picked up the phone and left me a voicemail stating what problem was going on. I mentioned this at check out and the agent shrugged her shoulders.
On a side note-- my room was clean, soundproof, I had a good nights sleep and the renovations were not disruptive.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale East Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Courtyard By Marriott Fort Lauderdale East Hotel
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale East
- Courtyard Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Courtyard
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.