You added Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East to your Saves list
Ranked #48 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Gross...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I have stayed at Courtyards, Holiday Inn Express, Hampton Inn's all over the country and this was one of the worst, by far. The hotel is old and musty right out of the 1980s. While the rooms looked somewhat clean there was a disgusting moldy/musty smell throughout. The carpets, furniture, and elevator made me nauseous, along with the overall feel of the place. I don't know how Marriott let them use their name, but it makes me think twice about staying at one of their other hotels. As of right now, I wouldn't let my mother-in-law sleep in this place

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

My gf and I just returned home to Montreal,Canada after staying 5 nights (August 22-26,2012),at The Courtyard. Staff was extremely helpful,especially with the mysterious clogging toilet lol! They cleared it 3 times,and after each phone call,there were up to the room within minutes! Pool and whirlpool were both great,location perfect,Denny's across the street,Dunkin Donuts,Starbucks,within a few minutes walk down the other street. Breakfast at the hotel was amazing,chefs were very friendly!The hotel is currently being renovated on the 4th and 5th floors,but only during the daytime will you hear the construction noise. We had a car rental,so leaving for the beach and even to Miami,we seemed to be perfectly located! Again,a very big and appreciative thank you to all the staff and management at The Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale! Thanks for making my 4 year anniversary holiday with my gf a fun one!Hope to return soon!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

This hotel has a good feel to it but we were still disappointed. We expect more than this from a Courtyard by Marriott. Only stay here if you get a good price.

The room seemed clean but the towels had foul dirty spots on them. Sounds from the corridor outside the room could easily be heard and the noise from the ice machine was annoying.

The price during our stay was about $ 110 per night.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel which I had stayed at previously for business travel. Upon arrival I was greeted by a very friendly staff and they accomodated my request to get a room pool side. Upon arriving at my room it was in excellent condition. The room was very clean with a fresh smell. The bathroom was spotless you could not ask for a cleaner bathroom at any hotel. The wifi worked very well during my entire 3 day stay.

They have a nice workout room, refreshing pool and hot tub, Their location is close to several good restuarants and is close by to the Wilton Manors neighborhood. I enjoyed having a hot breakfast with cooked to order eggs both mornings during my stay. The entire staff is extremely friendly and goes above and beyond to ensure guest have wonderful stay, I will definately be staying at this hotel when I am back in the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Room Tip: A Room by the pool is very calm and relaxing. I opened my door and listed to the pool and misting r...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

I chose this property because it was extremely close to a business meeting that I was required to attend and not because a marriott Courtyard would normally be my first choice of hotel. While the accomodations were standard for this type of property, my rook was clean and well kept. In addition, I cannot say enough about the staff. They were friendly and went out of their way to be accomodating. If I find myself back in the area, I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This is an older hotel - which would be OK, but it really needs new carpets and paint. The rooms were clean, but the carpet slightly - tacky - not nice.
The staff were super nice and it was a good location for me

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel exceeds expectations. from the housekeeping to the front desk. they are all very accomodating and nice to be around. Room was great. i stayed here for three weeks, so i should be pretty qualified to review this place.

Room Tip: ask for the 5th floor. Marie is the best example of great service for housekeeping i have ever seen...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Fort Lauderdale East? Share your experiences!