“Great Cruise hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

Save Saved
You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Great Cruise hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We stayed both before and after our cruise at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port. Nice, clean hotel in great location from airport and cruise port. Had free wifi (although very slow at times), free breakfast and free airport shuttle. We paid $6 pp for shuttle to the cruiseport. After the cruise, we took a taxi back to hotel ($12). Since it was early morning, we put our luggage in a secure room, and went sightseeing on the Sun Trolley ($3 for all day pass). Greg, the desk clerk, was very helpful! He suggested we eat across the street at Ernie's BBQ. We did and it was great! Huge portions and reasonably priced! Taco Bell is directly across the street, with CVS Pharmacy next door. Just a short walk away is other restaurants and shopping, including Dollar Tree, for those last minute cruise items. We will stay here again for our next cruise!

Room Tip: We stayed on the top floor (7th) and it was very quiet and had a good view
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel both times that you stayed here. We really do have a great location with lots of restaurant choices and convenient shopping. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back soon. Thank you for writing this review.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The hotel was great. The rooms were reasonable. The service was excellent. We were there for a funeral and the staff did everything they could to make sure all of our needs (and those of all of our families were met.) Greg was there when we booked in and when we checked out. He also made sure we got to the airport in time. Comeal was very helpful as well. We will definitely stay there again...............hopefully soon to go on a cruise. I'm sure we will be in good hands. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who asks. I hope Greg and Comeal for our next stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for such a nice review. I’m so glad that you enjoyed our hotel and that Greg and Comeal were able to make your stay a comfortable one and we look forward to welcoming you when you come back to go on a cruise.
Rishon Lezion, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

Very good hotel, large rooms, clean, price is very good. Breakfast is just OK. Note that you can use the hotel free shuttle from the Airport, and also, if you are going to a cruise, the hotel offers shuttle to the port for $6 per person, as for July 2014 (a very good price, although it is free in some other hotels).

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Thank you for this nice review. Yes, we do provide complimentary Airport shuttle. We also offer shuttle to Port Everglades for $6 per person. I hope you’ll recommend us to your friends and family.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I enjoy my stay so very much and the housekepers were so nice and polite, they give me the best service, my room was clean and smeal so good, I recomended this property. they have a lot of restaurants no to far from the hotel, shoping areas , farmacy right next door, close to the airport and cruise port, i use the fitness room and i enjoy my exercise time .
so if you want to come to take a cruise or stay in this hotel i definaly recomended .

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side are quieter
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for complimenting our housekeeping staff for doing such a great job. You’re right about our location – everything is so close to the hotel. Thank you so much for writing this nice review. Please come back soon.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

The Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port was a very nice accommodation. The staff was very friendly and professional, especially Greg who handled the booking process and was there again at check-out. I work for an airline and we have our normal go-to hotels but on this particular night all our normal hotels were fully booked. Greg came to the rescue. The rooms are very clean and spacious and a free hot breakfast is served every morning in the common area near the lobby. Two reasons I did not give this property the highest rating possible. For one, the courtesy shuttle only runs from 5AM to Midnight and will not accommodate any late arriving guests. In my case my flight was delayed and arrived about 12:30AM. The hotel could not help at all with transportation from the airport. The shuttle will also make runs to the airport from the hotel at the top of every hour and will not accommodate special requests for any time in between. Secondly, the area around the hotel is a little sketchy. I felt safe staying inside the hotel but would not feel safe walking around the area especially if it was dark out. All-in-all it was a good stay. I was only there twelve hours and was left with an overall good impression. Ultimately it was the kindness of the staff that won me over. Thanks Greg.

Room Tip: They have standard rooms and suites. Ask if it is at all possible to get a suite without additional...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I appreciate your compliments on our staff – especially Greg – and on our rooms and breakfast. I’m sorry you missed our shuttle upon arrival but our driver goes home at midnight and there just is nobody else to drive the van. We do advertise that the shuttle stops at midnight. We also provide complimentary shuttle to the airport, the hospital, the convention center and several local maritime schools. That shuttle does leave on the hour and we have a sign-up sheet at the front desk. This area is very safe with lots of restaurants close by – we even have a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. Please come back again.
La Ceiba, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

the hotel is in a good location to shopping center restaurant and down town also very close to the school i was attending, the service and staff was very friendly and helpful in making my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
I’m so glad you found our location to be convenient to shopping, restaurants and your school. I’m also very pleased that our staff helped to make your stay so pleasant. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back to see us soon.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Our stay at the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise port was exactly what we needed. We arrived late in the evening before our cruise and were provided with water and snacks. Once we went to our room, we noticed it was right next to the elevator. We requested a different room and were granted it.

Several dining options exist just across the street. The hotel staff recommended Ernie's BBQ which was fantastic. My son and I both ordered blackened dolphin salads.

The continental breakfast was average, but I had no complaints since i was looking ahead to 5 days eating on the Liberty of the Seas cruise ship.

Also, a $6 shuttle is provided to get you to the cruise port.

Would definitely recommend as a one night stop for anyone taking a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

Room Tip: As always request to stay away from elevators and try to avoid having a room nearest to a busy stree...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I’m so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is terrific – by the way, I’m a big fan of Ernies also. We would appreciate your recommending us to friends and family who will be visiting Fort Lauderdale and I hope we’ll see you back soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!