“Happy Birthday to me” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #34 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Happy Birthday to me”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I would like to thank the staff at Comfort Suites. From I walked in to when I left I felt very welcomed. The location was just right... easy to find and close to the beach. One of the best Birthday weekend I had.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Happy belated birthday to you. I’m so glad that your enjoyed your stay, our wonderful staff and our great location. I hope you’ll be back again sometime soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

The hotel location for us was perfect, since we were taking a cruisethe next day. For a chain hotel, we were very impressed by the room and the staff. From the moment we walked in we were felt very welcomed. Check in was fast and efficient. unlike a lot of other hotels we were not charged extra for parking our rental car or for Wi-Fi access. The room was clean and quiet and the beds very comfortable. The hotel provides a breakfast selection of rolls, bread, scrambled eggs, sausage, and make-it-yourself waffles. The breakfast attendant, Chandra, was kept very busy making eggs and sausage and keeping the breakfast bar stocked, but always maintained a smile and and a friendly word. Overall it was a great hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. We appreciate your mentioning our welcoming staff and Chandra who does such a great job with the breakfast. Also, I’m glad you enjoyed our rooms and the food at breakfast. I hope you’ll come back and please tell your friends and family about us.
Mexico, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel many times in the past either pre or post cruise and we have yet to be disappointed. We always book through the Choice Hotels web site and we recheck prices frequently. There was another last minute price drop and we cancelled and rebooked to take advantage of it. They offer complimentary shuttle service to and from FLL. Due to airline delays, we did not arrive in Fort Lauderdale until 1 AM. Shuttle service ends at midnight so we took a taxi. Our room was waiting and was clean and spacious. The hotel was renovated last year and the second elevator was finally back in service on this visit. We got up early the next day, walked to Publix (4 or 5 blocks) for some wine and sundries then returned to the hotel for their complimentary breakfast. They had a good selection of hot and cold foods and empty serving dishes were refilled promptly.

The hotel also offers shuttle service to the cruise port at a rate of $7 per person. We always opt for a taxi instead and the cost is about the same. We think this hotel is a great choice for those cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for this very nice review. I’m glad you enjoyed our spacious, clean rooms and, yes, we installed 2 brand new computerized elevators last year. Our proximity to many shops and restaurants, including Publix supermarket, is a big advantage – especially for pre-cruisers. I’m also pleased that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast. Our shuttle to Port Everglades is $6 per person. If someone tried to charge you $7, I would appreciate your contacting me at ellen@comfortfll.com to tell me who that was. I hope we’ll have the pleasure of welcoming you back once more in the near future.
Duncan B.C.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I would like to thank the staff at Comfort Suites. They went out of there way to ensure all my needs were met. I had just stayed the night before in a terrible motel, just down the street. I was very frustrated with that motel and left. I found Comfort Suites 1/2 a block down the street. They offered the same price as the terrible motel. When i got into my room, my eyes popped out of my head. My room was clean and very large. I had just cycled across the southern U.S.A. and the last thing i wanted was to stay in a dump. This hotel had everything i needed. The hotel offers airport shuttle that i took advantage of. The driver was great. The front desk was great. The housekeeping staff was great. Management was great. I will be returning to Fort Lauderdale next year for my ride to Halifax,Canada. This is the only hotel in Fort Lauderdale that i will return to. I can't say enough about how nice i was treated. Thanks again, to all the staff at Comfort Suites.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you so very much for keeping your promise and writing this great review. It was really a pleasure meeting you and I hope you’ll call me personally to book your room for next year. I will be sure that all of our staff and Management see this review because we all work hard to make sure our guests have a great experience and this review is like a reward to all of us. I look forward to seeing you next year.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

This is a great hotel for spending the night before the cruise. They have a free shuttle from the airport and have a sign up list for transportation to the airport. It cost us $6 per person for the transport to the Cruise terminal. They have free breakfast and it was decent for a hotel breakfast.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for this review. We appreciate the compliments about our shuttle service and our breakfast. Please tell your friends and family about us and come back soon.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife Lori and I stayed 4 nights at this Comfort Suites location while I attended a conference. We enjoyed the cozy no-frills ambience and the updated decor and friendly front desk (thanks, Greg!) and housekeeping staff so much we returned for 3 more nights the following week after returning from Key West. Bravo!
Christy C.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so very much, Christy, for this great review. I’m so happy you enjoyed BOTH of your stays with us. Please come back and see us soon and be sure to tell anyone coming to Fort Lauderdale about our great property.
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I would like to single out Ms. Jessica Thigpen for her extra service, over and above what is expected. Also, her friendly and professional demeanor. What ever she is getting paid, it can't be enough. Mack Shaw

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much, Mark, for this review about our Jessica Thigpen. She is a real gem and she is very much appreciated by all of us. I will be sure she sees this and also her Manager. Thank you again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!