“Snowed in Chicago makes us stay in FLL at Comfort suites over night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Herriman, Utah
“Snowed in Chicago makes us stay in FLL at Comfort suites over night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very good experience at the Comfort Suites airport cruise port FLL. We had a great time. Staff was very accommodating and Tedo was great for 4 couples that needed a room on the spot. Hotel was clean but its very busy. The only complaint we had was the traffic from the road. So if your a light sleeper then ask for a room away from the road. We would stay here again. Shuttle from airport free and shuttle from hotel to cruise port was only 8 $. Good luck
Oh ya one other thing . Their beds aren't so great either. They are like sleeping on a hide away bed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
I'm so glad your unplanned stay with us was great. The advantage of being near the main road is that our guests don't need a car to find great restaurants and shops. Everything is in close proximity. I'm sorry you didn't like your bed - we have recently purchased new ones so I am curious to know what room you were in. Please contact me - ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700, Ext. 110. Also, our shuttle to the Port is $6 so I would like to know who charged you $8. The next time you plan a stay in Fort Lauderdale, please come back to stay with us.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2014

I want to commend this establishment on one of the best employees ever. His name is Greg and he works the Front Desk for the night shift. I did not stay at the hotel, however, I called there to check up on friends who were arriving for a cruise. They were coming in on Jan. 2, 2014 when there were so many flight delays and cancellations. Greg was obviously busy, but managed to help me to contact our friends.

Ten days later when I went to the hotel to pick up our friends for dinner, I had the pleasure of meeting Greg. He had a constant flow of guests needing assistance, the telephone to answer and maintained a calm, professional attitude in helping each one. His customer service is a welcome sight in this day and time. Thank you, Greg, for being such a wonderful representative of Comfort Suites.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
How nice of you to take the time to write a review even though you didn't stay here. We are very proud of Greg as we are about the rest of our staff. We really do have a wonderful group of people working here. I will be sure that both Greg and his Manager see this review. I hope that you'll stay with us the next time you are in Fort Lauderdale.
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

I was able to find a room online quickly after my flights had been canceled. I read several reviews about the hotel. All reviews stated Greg was remarkable. I wasn't disappointed when checking in. He was excellent in every way. He welcome us with a smile and offered assistance in selecting a restaurant nearby. His suggestion of Ernie's BBQ across the street. Great Caribbean BBQ food. The room we had was very roomy and clean on the 7th floor. Rooms are totally updated with carpet, dressers, flat scree tv's, sleeper sofas, microwave, & fridge. I absolutely loved the wall pictures and wall colors. Windows and doors aren't sound proof. You can total all hear everything going on in the hallway. Luckily I am a heavy sleeper so I didn't hear anything once I drifted off. Forgot to brag about the gift bag with great goodies for being a choice hotel privilege reward member. I also had a few problems logging on to the wifi. Greg walked me thru step by step until I was online. All while assisting other patrons. Greg is truly a wonderful help.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Thank you for your great review. I'm so glad Greg was able to help you in so many ways. By the way, Ernie's is one of my favorite restaurants also. Thanks for your comments about our rooms - they really are very comfortable and well decorated. Thank you for being a Choice Privileges member - that's very special to us. I am happy you enjoyed your unplanned stay with us and hope you'll come back to Fort Lauderdale and visit us again.
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel after flight into Fort Lauderdale. Waited well over an hour and after three calls before shuttle showed up. Not very happy about that. However they compensated us well. Good place to stay, close to beach etc. Stayed again after our cruise was completed and needed a shuttle the following morning early to airport. They only have shuttles going on the hour. When it was mentioned to person at front desk, she said to complain about it on TripAdvisor. She then said that it was not her business or words to that effect and added that she was just the bookkeeper. We thought she need a few lessons in PR. We met a family of 6 on the shuttle who were very unhappy with the shuttle service as they too had waitined over an hour. The driver explained that he had the message but that the van was full. Looks to me like the hotel needs to provide better shuttle service if they want to be considered an excellent place to stay before and after trip. Otherwise the service was very good.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
We appreciate your taking the time to write this review. Needless to say, I am very concerned about your shuttle and staff comments and I do invite you to e-mail or call me (ellen@comfortfll.com or 954-767-8700 Ext. 110). I'd like to know the date and time you arrived. Also, I'd like to know who you spoke to at our Front Desk. As you can see from previous reviews, this is not the norm for us so I would like to be able to correct the situation right away. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention and I will look forward to hearing from you.
Yuba City, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

When I got here to check in for our cruise, there was an issue at the desk with our reservation. Luckily I got Greg......who went out of his way to get everything cleared up, and I was in my room within 15 minutes! Beautiful room and great service! Thanks Greg!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Thanks, Betsy for this nice review. I'll be sure Greg and his Manager see it. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you'll be back again.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Close to shops and restaurants and handy to the trolley service to beaches and Galleria mall.
A good choice with very friendly staff, Greg and Jessica were super hosts. Crowded at breakfast with cruise passengers awaiting their shuttle. Free airport shuttle but 16 dollars round trip to cruise port. Rooms are clean, a little dated but perfectly suited for short stays. Elevators are quick with little wait.
Not four star but a definite good find.

Room Tip: Rooms on street side can be noisy in morning rush hour.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you very much for this nice review. You mentioned all the things that we're so proud of - our location, our staff (thanks for mentioning Greg and Jessica), our shuttle service and our clean rooms. But most of all, thank you for mentioning our quick elevators. We recently updated both elevators so that guests don't have long waits anymore. It's great to know that you noticed this. I hope you'll be back and will tell your friends and family about us.
New Castle, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

This is a good hotel for pre/ post stay for cruises and close to airport stays. Received early check in, staff is very helpful and will do anything to help. Free breakfast was also a plus as was the shuttle to/from airport/pier. In my opinion, Greg who was at the front desk, was excellent. I watched as he dealt with many questions (some insane and some not ) with patience, kindness and was very considerate with everyone. It was turn-around day for cruise lines and there were many people checking in/out at the same time. He is a valued employee and hope that this Comfort Suites appreciates his work.

Nancy S

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Ellen S, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you, Nancy, for this nice review. I'm glad our shuttle worked well for you and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Thank you, especially, for your nice comments about Greg, our Assistant General Manager. He does have a talent for working with people. I'll be sure he and our General Manager see your review. Thank you again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!