“Arrive and find a real friend at the front desk. (Spanish Lenguage)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Irapuato, Mexico
“Arrive and find a real friend at the front desk. (Spanish Lenguage)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

His name is TITO (Jose Jurado) , he real help us and give us ,good rate and we extend our stay for 3 nights more,and when we return for a long driving trip from Jacksonville and San Augustin ,we decide to arrive againg there, and have the luck to find him . So againg stay for an other night more , but now at this time with my son and his wife.,so use 2 rooms.
He introduce to us with Jessica a pretty color girl ,with hers blue eyes ,that work also at font desk , and she also was real great ,she give us a fine treatment ,like a relatives of her.
Let me tell you some thing, The most important for a Hotel is" the guest ". and the proprietary of this concessionaired hotel, have the right people working with him, people like this will be a great future managers. I´m a man with many years of experience and I don´t believed stay incorrect.Do not hesitate in contact me for more details. appreciated your interesting in this.

Room Tip: only the elevator crazy, he decide if go up or down. was funny.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
What a nice review you wrote. Thank you so much. Especially for the lovely compliments for Tito and Jessica. We are really so proud of them. You're right - customer service is most important and we have an incredible staff. You comment on the elevator made me smile - but I assure you we are having it worked on. Next time you come, they will know which way to go. Thank you again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Mossyrock, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The hotel is an older one but appears to be going through a remodel to update its' appearance. The complimentary breakfast had lots of variety; even though I wasn't able to get flavored creamer for my coffee the drug store next door had it!!!! Above all, the first person we came into contact with (Sharell) was not only extremely pleasant but took our immediate need for a room to heart. We had flown all night and arrived at the hotel at 7:30 a.m. - hours before check in. Sharell made sure we could get into our room by 10:00 a.m. and we were able to get some well needed rest before spending time and money in the area economy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for your nice review. I'm so glad Sharell was able to help you get your well-needed rest when you arrived. Yes, we do have a great variety on our breakfast buffet. Unfortunately, flavored cream isn't an "approved" item but since we have CVS Pharmacy right next door, I'm glad you were able to find some. I hope we'll see you back here sometime in the near future.
Midwest CIty, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel while attending a nearby conference. We weren't in the room except to sleep and it was just what we wanted. Room was clean, the air conditioner was cold and the bed was comfortable. The hotel decor is a little dated and I swear the elevators knew when I was running late but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013
ellenkarin, General Manager at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. Yes, our rooms are clean and as cool as you want them to be. We enjoyed having your meeting participants at the hotel. I hope you'll come back some time - maybe before a cruise out of Port Everglades?
Morgantown, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We booked this hotel online pre-cruise for one night. They have a free shuttle service from FLL airport which was very convenient. I believe they also offer free shuttle to Port Everglades, but we did not use this service. The staff is friendly and helpful. Check-in and check-out we had no problems at all. The property is in the midst of construction at the main entrance. We were not impressed with the hotel overall. It needs a major facelift. Walls need re-finishing and painting, carpet needs replaced. The HVAC needs updating too, as it still has the old units that sit under the window and can't be controlled by a thermostat. The room was large enough with a desk, fold-out sofa, and chair. The bed was comfortable, and while the duvet was clean, the comforter under it was not. WiFi on the second floor was so weak we were unable to use it at all. There were very few TV channels to choose from. There is a microwave, fridge, and single-serve coffee maker in the room. The bathroom was big but the shower head was not adjustable and had a fine spray. The pool area is nice, but there is a lot of traffic noise from the street. There are several restaurants within walking distance, including Pollo Tropical and Outback Steakhouse. The free breakfast is your typical hotel fare, not bad, not good, but will do. The price we paid was about 20-25% less than other hotels we looked at in the area. So, depending on your priorities, this could be a good stopover hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your comments about our great staff, shuttle service and location. Your other comments concern me as we are a newly-renovated hotel. If you would like to contact me, I would appreciate hearing from you. I would like to know what room you were in and the dates you were here and I’m also wondering if you notified the Front Desk of your concerns. Either call me at 954-767-8700, Ext. 110 or e-mail me at ellen@comfortfll.com.
O'Fallon, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We arrived off a cruise ship with a reservation in hand....and saw the expected crush of people as the hotel handled everyone coming off a cruise ship and those heading towards the cruise ships. So, we expected a pretty hectic scene....but understandable. What we didn't appreciate was the failure of management to have enough staff on duty to manage what seemed to be a full turn-over of the hotel. Check-in is at 3PM, but we couldn't get into any of our rooms (we had 2 reserved) until 4PM, and when we did get ONE...it was still not ready (and the other wasn't ready for another 30+ minutes). The hotel is in an upgrade mode, as the carpets were brand-new, and fresh paint abounded....but management needs to staff adequately for those swap days.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
I do apologize for the wait for your room. It is a challenge to turn over almost a full hotel. But I'm glad you noticed the cleanliness and newness of all of our renovations. We are continuously working to make our product new and fresh.
Ellen Serra
Director of Sales & Marketing.
Grand Forks, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to the cruise ship terminal in Fort Lauderdale you will need to take a taxi though. The rooms are ok but get a room on the east side or you won't sleep I have used Choice Hotels many times with mixed results. If you use this hotel don't use the phone it will cost you my three minute call to Jiffy Jeff shuttle service cost me over $5. Breakfast is ok.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We do provide shuttle from Port Everglades. It is $10 per person. You can pre-book it or just call us when you disembark. I'm sorry you weren't aware of that. Local calls are free here at our hotel. I checked on the company you mentioned and their phone number is not in our area code (they have a Miami number) so the system picks that up as a long-distance call. I apologize for that. I hope that you enjoyed your stay.
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Hotels offers good value and a great location whether to air or cruise ports or even the Miami-Ft Lauderdale area as was my case. Staff very nice and helpful. Only issues: elevator very very slow, takes long to open and even didn't open at bottom floor twice; internet can get quirky at times but staff helps right away when you tell them; Brkfst ok for free but hot selection boring if staying more than a two days as was my case; pillows too small but you get lots of them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
I love your caption - "comfortable and convenient". Thanks. I'm glad our staff helped you out with the computer. We are aware of the fact that our elevators are kind of slow and we have a company looking into it. I hope you enjoyed your stay here and that you'll come back to see us.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!