“Good for overnight prior to cruising” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cumming, Georgia
“Good for overnight prior to cruising”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is an older hotel, nevertheless, the condition is good. Our room was rather utilitarian but was clean and in good repair. The staff was friendly and tried to accommodate our needs.
The breakfast was more than adequate.
We used this as an overnight prior to a cruise. The location is just a few blocks from the port.
If you like, they will keep your auto for $10.00 per night while you are cruising. They provide shuttle service to and from the port. The port charges $12.00 per day. We liked the convenience of having our car at the port so we chose the latter.
The general location is quite nice. Lot of good restaurants nearby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for this review. We are indeed the perfect pre-cruise hotel. Great location with shops and restaurants to walk to, clean comfortable rooms, friendly staff and great breakfast. All you could ask for. Plus, we will let you leave your car for $10/day and will shuttle you between the hotel and the port for a nominal fee. Thanks again and come back soon.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Alma, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night prior to a cruise from Port Everglades. The hotel is located a 5 minute cab ride from both the airport and the port making it perfect for a pre-cruise stay. Our room was on I believe the 6th floor and from my window I was able to see the ships in port in the morning. There is a CVS and a Taco Bell both within very easy walking distance. The room was well appointed and the bedding was very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was very crowded as is to be expected on an embarkation morning. The only complaint I would have is that I was able to hear the music that is piped into the hallway next to the elevator while in my room, not a big deal but a strange occurance.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for this nice review. You said it all. Great location, clean and comfortable. Great breakfast (even though a bit crowded some days of the week). Thanks for mentioning the music. I will address it with our Manager. We can have it turned down during the night. I hope you'll be back to see us again.
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

10 minutes from the airport and a 5 minute drive to the cruise port makes this hotel a convenient option for travelers. Free shuttle service from the airport and $6:00 per person for a contact shuttle to the cruise port. As for the quality of the hotel its average and a bit tired but clean. There are a number of fast food and not so fast food restaurants within a short walk as well a convenience stores and a liquor store. The staff was helpful however there was only one counter person and it took some time to get checked in. Elevators slow - take stairs. Safe travels! Chip

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you, Chip, for this nice review. You're right - we have a very good location close to the airport, port and lots of shops and restaurants. I'm sorry the elevators were slow. It seems everyone wants to go to breakfast and the same time and check out at the same time. We usually have 2 people at the front desk - you may have come in on a day that someone called out sick. But - all in all it sounds like you had a great stay here. Please come back to see us again.
Wilsonville, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Avoid this place if possible. I booked a suite because there were three of us. What we actually got was one room with tiny pieces of wood sticking out about half way through the room. I guess it was supposed to "divide" the room. What a joke! We had a couch/hide a bed for my niece. When we pulled it out, it had only one sheet to cover her. We called the office to request a blanket, and was told they would check. Thirty minutes later, we received a call that said that they couldn't find a blanket! So, even though we turned up the heat, my niece still was uncomfortably cold.

This hotel advertizes that it is an airport/cruise hotel. I assumed, that they would have shuttle service to either place. Well they do have service, but it's a whopping 11 bucks each. Take cab, it's cheaper.

The breakfast was nice, but overall the hotel is not worth the price. I would have to say, that the ladies working in the breakfast area and the cleaning staff were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We have 1-bedroom suites in this hotel and they have a separate bedroom. I do apologize about the sofa bed. We do not make them up in advance because if they aren’t used for a while, things get “stale”. However, sheets, pillows and a blanket are in the drawers. I am sorry you didn’t find them. Please email me your name and date of stay at ellen@comfortfll.com . Our airport shuttle is complimentary and the shuttle to Port Everglades is $6 per person – not $11. I’m glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our staff and I will look forward to hearing from you.
Tortola
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I have stayed here before and was satisfied with my stay. In February I was back in fort Lauderdale and decided to treat myself to more luxurious digs. I was sorely disappointed, so for this trip I returned to the true and tested. The Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port is nothing fancy. It is clean, it is comfortable, it is convenient and it is priced right. All in all you get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you KiaOra for coming back to us. You're absolutely right. We're not fancy but we're clean, comfortable, friendly and have a great location .... AND - you don't have to pay for breakfast, internet or airport shuttle like you do at the "more luxurious digs". I hope you'll keep coming back. We appreciate your business and your nice comments.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

This hotel & staff are SUCH a favorite of mine! I'm greeted with smiles and really nice service every time I stay, which is often. And it's not just me - I see them with other guests...same thing. They're in Fort Lauderdale, a tourism city where great customer service should be key! And, Comfort Suites achieves this. Oh...and breakfast...brilliant. I look forward to my next visit!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Thank you, Kristen. You've been coming here for many years and are a delight to have here. You're right - we have a great staff - and the breakfast is really good too. I look forward to seeing you back here soon. You are part of our family.
Normal, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

On the final day of our vacation, my husband became very ill and was transported to Broward Medical Center by the paramedics. Hospital personnel directed me to the nearest hotel which happened to be Comfort Suites on Federal in Fort Lauderdale.

From day one which turned into a week long stay for me at the Comfort Suites, your employees became my second family. I wish I had written down all the employees names who helped me, but I particularly want to point out these people: Nikki, Jessie, Tito, Joan & Ester.

You helped me through a very difficult time. I also want to comment on the facts, that most travelers who come and go, don't even begin to realize that the people behind the counter also have lives of their own and are human beings. They are witness to every sort of human drama which walks through the front door. Most travelers are rude, demanding, complaining people, yet your staff responded only with professionalism towards them.

Thank you and God bless you for being there for me when I needed your help.

Laurel Kutash
Normal, IL

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Laurel, thank you so much for writing this kind review. I will definitely post it where all of our employees can see it. I'm so proud to work with such kind, thoughtful people and I really appreciate your commending them all. I'm glad we were able to help you through a very difficult time and I hope that sometime soon you'll come back to visit us under much happier circumstances.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!