“Really good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port

You added Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port to your Saves list
Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1800 South Federal Hwy, U.S. 1 and 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Really good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here for the first time and the experience was indeed wonderful. All the staff interacted well with us and assisted in arranging transport for us to visit other areas in Florida.
I found the rooms to be clean, spacious and well arranged.
I shall be cruising again and I will surely choose this hotel because I was very happy with their overall treatment.
Raj
Trinidad & Tobago

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you, Raj - What a nice review. I'm so glad our staff was able to assist you with your arrangements. We will look forward to seeing you here again.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Homosassa, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was our second time at this hotel. We used this facility for the park and cruise convenience. Arrived at 3:05PM but the room was not ready. Waited in a very small crowded lobby for an hour to finally get into the room. Found the room very clean but was disapointed with the bed. We expected a king and instead found a "small" queen that really felt like a "double". Spent a sleepless night on a very uncomfortable mattress. Breakfast the next morning was very minimal with many items not available because they ran out of food the day before. Found the shuttle service was overbooked so we had to take a taxi back from the terminal and discovered that it was actually cheaper than the shuttle! We will look for a different location when taking our next cruise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry you were disappointed during your last visit. The shuttle to and from the port is a service we offer but we certainly don't require our guests to take advantage of it. We are always willing to call a taxi for our guests. If you e-mail me your name and date of stay, I can check to see what type of room you booked and what we provided and I would certainly like to check on the bed in the room you stayed in.
We are always busy on the nights before and after cruises because of our great location - close to the port, airport and about 20 restaurants. I'm sorry you had to wait in the lobby.
I hope you'll reconsider and come back to give us another chance. Call me, personally, to book your room.
Winnipeg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This property is older and has been updated quite nicely. Very clean although the room colors are an odd bright blue. I would stay again as the shuttle service from the airport and to the cruise line are very good. Breakfast nice too. But I would not pay more than a 100 bucks a night even though it is a port hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for port view.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. Our color scheme is "tropical" since we're a pre-cruise hotel. I'm glad that the shuttle service worked well for you. We try very hard to make sure that the company we work with provides good service to our guests. And I'm glad you enjoyed our extensive breakfast buffet. I hope we'll see you here the next time you cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Comfortable rooms, nicely decorated. Prompt assistance upon arrival and we were able to get early check in. Very good front desk customer service. Quiet room.

This was our stop off before returning home from our cruise. We would stay here again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you, Pamela, for the nice review. We really are very proud of our staff and I know they go out of their way to please our guests. Next time you cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, I hope you'll stay with us both prior to your cruise and upon your return.
Thanks again.
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stayed here for a one night for a park and stay for port in Jan. I was very disappointed with hotel, location, breakfast, front desk and transfers.
1. hotel is in a crapy area, was very leery to leave our car for six nights in this un guarded very open park in lot.
2. old hotel bedding old not comfortable.
3. Hotel ran out of most the breakfast foods laid out by 8:30 am
4. Night manager was down out rude and un helpful
5. Transfers to ship were not guarantied even with a pre booked park and stay booking,
Sign up was first come sign up as you check in?? We drove and got to hotel 10:30 and shuttle times were full until 1 pm? But check out is 11 am?
Shuttle pick ups at port were full? Sorry get a cab ?
Not what was advertised at all, and after a paying 8 per (plus tip ) for the drop off ,
I find out a cab would have been cheaper!! Our pick up back to hotel via cab was 9.70 total plus tip
Rip off . For what we paid I would have been better to pay port secured parking and found a cheaper hotel in save area.

Room Tip: Non to give
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will try to respond –
1. Our hotel is in the airport/port area. It’s a busy area with lots of restaurants and shops including a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. There are lots of hotels in the area and it is considered quite safe and quite upscale.
2.Our hotel has just completed a 100% renovation and everything is new so your comment about the bed surprises me.
3.Our staff continuously replenishes the breakfast but sometimes it is extremely busy and it does take time.
4.I would appreciate the name of the person you mention or the date you stayed here so I can check the schedule and speak to the person that was working.
5.We do not pre-book our guests on the shuttle to the port as everyone has a different preference. We allow our guests to choose their time. Did you ask for a later check-out? I’m sure we would have accommodated you.
6.Our shuttle company does offer the option of pre-booking the return shuttle and all you have to do is call them when you’re ready to come back and they have your name on the list.
7. Our shuttle to the port is only $6 per person – tip is optional. We do not require that you use our shuttle service. The Front Desk staff is always happy to call a taxi for our guests.
8.Parking at the Port is $15 per day.
I wish you had talked to one of our Managers before you left the hotel. We are very proud of our newly renovated hotel, our staff and service – so reading your comments is a disappointment to me. I welcome you to call me at 954-767-8700 or e-mail me at ellen@comfortfll.com to discuss this further.
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I was in town for a few days and chose to stay at this property. I normally always stay at Choice Hotels so it was good to be back in a familiar property. I liked how this property was set up and I liked how nice the staff was. The room was nice and clean and the lobby area was well decorated and clean as well.

The hotel is very close to the airport and Port Everglades. Lots of restaurants close by as well as night life. Also this is one of the few choice properties that recognizes Choice Privilege Diamond members with a gift bag. That is a plus in my book.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
Thank you for your nice review. You're right - there are about 25 - 30 restaurants in the area - from fast food to fine dining. Lots of variety. And Choice Privileges members are very important to us - we greet them all with a special "goody bag". I'm really glad you enjoyed your stay and hope we'll see you back here soon.

Cph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

...and close to both airport and port, but (there's always a but):

That free breakfast could need an upgrade, even without costing the owners much. I have honestly never had scrambled eggs with such lack of taste. The side which is usually crisp bacon instead reminded me of that Spam-spam song from Monty Python. Must have been some kind of pressed ham, at least it was heated, but again: Totally without any form of taste.
If you're for coffee, do go for the "bold" container - the "regular" is weaker than tea.

OK, so... Nice enough toast, some buns and jam. An option to cook your own waffles, which I didn't try, but it seemed popular. I was just surprised (to use a positive phrase) at those completely tasteless eggs & ham.

That said, upon checking in and getting our room - we'd requested twin beds, as we were father and adult son traveling - what did we see? One king-size bed. Back to reception, where we were told that it was the last available room, but the couch could be extended into another bed, so the friendly staff did help us there.

Another positive is definitely the coach service - both from the airport and to the port; Very friendly arrangement and drivers, indeed.

One more negative, while I remember: The two elevators are extremely slow, and especially right before 11am (checkout time) it's a real problem: Guests tend to fill up the cars - even going up! - just in order to get on board. Insane, as this simply exaggerates the situation. Better get out in time if you want to get down in less that 10-15 mins. Bad problem.

If you're not expecting three or more "stars" and just need to spend the night, I'd probably recommend it for convenience and a good night's rest. But skip breakfast and save your appetite for lunch somewhere else. By the way, there seems to be OK restaurants nearby on the US 1. We arrived very late and didn't need dinner, so I can't recommend any in particular.

The bathroom was clean enough, as well as the room - but should I spend longer in Ft. Lauderdale, I'd want to spend a little more in order to get a lot more.

Room Tip: Seems like odd numbers are away from the US1 - so if you want a quiet room, get one facing away from...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ellenkarin, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. You're right, we are in a great location close to the airport, the port and there are about 25 restaurants within walking distance – from fast food to fine dining. There is even a 24-hour CVS Pharmacy right next door. We have great shuttle service, our staff is extremely friendly and our rooms are clean and comfortable. I’m sorry you did not like the eggs and meat at our complimentary breakfast. It’s not something we usually get complaints about so I will definitely look into it. As to the elevators, remember, that most of our guests are going on a cruise and they have a great deal of luggage. That slows the elevators down when the hotel is full and everyone is checking out at the same time. All in all, it sounds like you had a pleasant stay and I hope you enjoyed your cruise as well.
Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!