“Enjoyed my stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Lauderdale Beachside Hotel

You added Lauderdale Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Lauderdale Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4660 North Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea)   |
Ranked #114 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Miami, Florida
“Enjoyed my stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My wife and I stayed over the weekend and we really enjoyed it. My room was good , the staff are all very nice especially Renee over at the front desk, her level of customer service is bar none. She always greets you with a smile and she ensures that we enjoyed my stay. As a senior advisor for trip advisor I admit although the hotel is not perfect but you are still able to have a good time. The bar is good and they have good
appetizers. On Sunday the pool wasn't to clean and we did not go in, but it was
clean the day Saturday in which we did get in.

• Stayed July 2014
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Also, your comments about Renee have not gone unnoticed. We look forward to seeing you again in the future to help you enjoy your stay again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Friday 4th of July. check in took 4 hours! Only one person in front desk on July 4th insane! . Long lines!
NO manager on duty the entire weekend!
Saturday afternoon : Elevator went down. Fire rescue had to come. ( they state that kids were playing in elevators, understandable it happens BUT where is security , where are the camaras?????
Sunday July 6th 12.30am. Fire alarm, we all had to evacuate, fire rescue came they stated that someone pulled the alarm, i personally spoke to fire rescue supervisor. He asked the front desk for some keys, keys were located at the office behind front desk, and they were just few keys that the guy from front desk didn't know what they were for. I personally was there with them. Office asked me to wait outside.
Sunday July 6th 3.30am. again fire alarm went on again, fire rescue came again, I personally called 911 they came and i personally asked the police if he had authorization to arrest the person that was playing with the alarm, he answered "yes" so i asked him to ask for the camaras and see who was doing that an arrest that person because it was not fare for the rest of the guests of all ages. There was no manager on duty so police asked the guy in front desk and he stated that there was no camaras on the floors only in lobby, so one of the guest add a very good point, he stated that if there is no proff that someone is plaing with the alarm it could also be that fire alarm is not working properly. Unfortunatelly police said that there was nothing they can do, that that was a problem of the hotel and how they manage their business. Office Barrios told front desk to give out the phone number of the Manager, Andrew Sappat because he didnt want to give us the phone number, so officer BARRIOS told him to give it to us, everyone was complaining because we had problems since the check in.

Another point was that elevators are like terror elevators! They have no "Certificate of use of Elevator", i asked front desk, she called Andrew Sappat and he stated that she was not allowed to have those documents, i asked her to call him back again because those documents are public records and they must be posted in the elevator, he answered that they just changed elevator company and they dont have the certificate yet. If they dont have the certificate, elevator shouldn't be working then and that's a lye because i was there months before and the cerficate was not there either. This is unacceptable. Insane.
Lady on front desk RENE, was very helpfu, its not her fault, she did her best. Friday after four hours doing my line i told her "you should have called your manager andrew sappat and ask him to come or you are leaving because this is insane! and not fare for you" How can he have only one person in a 4th of July!
I came at the hotel at 11am and they told me that check in was at 11am whiis is true and they asked to come back at 3pm. I agreed.
I came back at 3.30 and there was a long line so i decided to come back. I came back at 5.30pm and i checked in at 9pm. with Rene, lady of front desk.

I dont understand how can City of Lauderdale by the sea, accepts that they run a business like this!! Where is the code complaince dpt? where are the permits? How can they let them operate a business in very bad conditions!!!!!
Never again!
Insane, Unacceptable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. From what I can tell there may some miscommunication that has come across and I will try to get to all of your points.

1. First off, I would like to sincerely apologize for your delayed check in time. There is no excuse even though the computer system was giving Ms. Renee some issues. I do like that I have heard very good reviews about Renee and her handling herself the way she did. Again, I apologize for this.
2. Secondly, there was definitely a manager there Saturday and Sunday as well as several other supervisors as well. There was no manager or supervisor on vacation for this hotel. I had spoken to guests at separate times on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday as well since I was there myself.
3. Thirdly, I did hear about the elevator getting stuck. I was told there was some horseplay by some children and I am glad to hear that they were fine and there were no issues afterwards.
4. Fourth, I have never said that the elevator certificate is not allowed to be seen. I know myself that it is public information and it has never been kept in the elevator just as a safe guard to someone trying to remove it. We also have a new elevator company and they will be doing a re-inspection on the elevator to update the certificate that we currently have. If the elevator was not supposed to be in service, it would not be.
5. Fifth, I did hear about the fire alarms going off and I did come out to the hotel myself overnight. The fire department as well as myself verified that there was a pull station pulled which caused the alarm. Our fire alarm system is working properly. Furthermore, we just had an annual inspection done recently and I can confirm that everything has passed.
6. Sixth, just for future reference. Our check out time is at 11 am and our check in time is at 3 pm.
7. Lastly, this hotel has all permits and paperwork needed. If there was something missing or wrong, our operation would not be functioning.

I hope that this will be able to answer all of your questions and concerns. I hope that we see you again sometime to treat you to a better stay.

Have A Nice Day,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Checking in to this hotel was the worst experience ever. First, we had to wait 6 hours to finally check in because there was a huge line in the lobby of people waiting to be checked in and only one person working behind the front desk. No manager was available because he was on vacation, only that poor woman dealing with 40+ cranky, hungry people. Then when we finally checked in, the hotel room was disgusting. There was a dead cockroach on the floor, the bathroom was disgusting and dirty, the door to the balcony had a crack, there was only one bed sheet and two pillows on each bed so if you wanted more sheets, they weren't available, the maid only picked up the dirty towels and didnt replace them with clean towels nor did she clean up the room, the hallway smelled like marijuana and the walls were so thin you heard every door slam and conversation, the pool was filthy, the bathroom shower would randomly shut off for a few seconds then turn back on, the tub would also get clogged so you would have dirty water up to your ankles, i never saw a single staff member the entire time I was there, the tv was terrible with only 5-10 channels, the refrigerator was filthy, and last but definitely not least, the elevator takes 5 minutes to take you to a different floor.

The ONLY good part about this entire vacation was the beach.

I will NEVER come back to this place. The worst experience of my entire life, and the worst vacation. I couldn't wait to come back home and sleep in my bed. The worst hotel. Definitely needs a lot of work and staff. Do not come to this place, it's terrible!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. To begin with, I sincerely apologize for your delayed check in time. Continuing on, I am not sure how this is coming about but there was no manager on vacation. I also, apologize for the issues you have had with your room and the pool area. We certainly are able to give our guests a more accomodating stay and I am sorry to hear you couldn't wait to go home. The majority of our guests complain that they wished they could have stayed longer. Just to let you know, there will be major renovations done to the hotel and it is just awaiting the pending status to be cleared to start. We hope that you will come again one day when it is complete.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

when we got to the room we checked to see if it was good it was disgusting the bed had bugs on it the shower had mold and the sheets were all dirty. then when we were getting out of the room the door had locked us in and we couldnt get out untill finally someone came to get us out. there are people smoking and doing drugs , when you get into the hotel you smell marijuana.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Andrew S, General Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor. I am sorry to hear of your issues and would like for you to be aware that drugs are not tolerated at our hotel. If it is reported or found that there is smoking in the rooms, there is a penalty cost that is applied to any guest. Furthermore, if any illegal substances are found to be used in our hotel the guests are removed from the property and law enforcement may handle the rest. Again, I apologize for any issues you have found.

Have A Nice Day

Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Unfortunally this The most horrible experience in the hotel industry. First check in was supposted started at 3pm after that it started at four; the lines for the check in was very long unnesceptable! My family n and i we were waiting in line from 2pm till 930 making the line in the lobby afterwards our reservation was not true because the hotel was over booking and many people complain and the worst part they didnt have a maneger on duty even enought front desk agent for so many people. They had only 1 agent for the all day and night.

Stayed July 2014
Andrew S, General Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Hello,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. First off, I would like to apologize for your check in delay. Just to clarify, however, the hotel was not overbooked. While I have heard numerous compliments of the agent that was handling that situation, again, I am truly sorry for the delayed check in. I hope to see you come back another time so that we may be able to make it up to you.

Have A Nice Day

Mableton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife and I checked into this hotel last march. Upon arrival the room was found to be unsecured (patio door handle was missing leaving a huge hole in the door) with rusted appliances, mixed matched lamps and bedding that we were just not sure about. I wouldn't sit my backside on those beds or any of that furniture if you paid me. We got a refund and found a great hotel right up the street. Dont stay at this hotel. Read the reviews and trust me when I say the horror story's you read are true. You cant say you weren't warned.

Room Tip: Go anywhere else but here.