“Absolutely Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lauderdale Beachside Hotel

You added Lauderdale Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Lauderdale Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4660 North Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea)   |
Ranked #109 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

When we first walked into the lobby it smelled of mold. The elevator floor was fixed with duct tape! Not a small piece either! We're talking almost the entire length of the doors about 8 inches deep! Only one indicator light worked on the buttons, no way of knowing which floor you're stopping at. The hallways weren't air conditioned. Our door didn't latch. Talk about creepy! The wall sconce was falling off of the wall and the closet doors were not on their tracks. The Bathroom was nasty. The toilet had urine still in it, like no one thought to flush. There were pubic hairs all over it and dried blood on the seat. The bathtub seriously looked like someone had taken a crap in it and let it dry. The lotions had not been replaced and partially used. The curtains were not long enough to cover the glass doors so we could be seen from the street and there was nothing we could do about it. wires hooking up to the tv were hanging out of the wall no cover on the socket. The hotel also advertised that they had cribs available. When we got there they magically had no cribs anywhere EVER. We were going to stay for the whole week but it was so trashy and repulsive we couldn't. When we went to leave we had to wait for the entire staff to get off of lunch break. The front desk was completely unmanned! While we were waiting we found a sign from the fire marshall designating some rooms uninhabitable! Never ever going back again! The pictures online of this place are deceiving! IT's horrible!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to apologize for your stay and assure you that we are able to accomodate you better. I would love if you were to give us another chance to make up for your stay.

Hope To See You Again,

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Weston, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

The hotel is in decaying condition, there is no a/c in the halls, and no ICE unless you cross the street over to the hotel next door. The first floor of the hotel is closed by the city and in inhabitable, there is a paper posted at the door that says hazardous conditions. We stayed at the 4th floor. the shower had hairs from the previous guest and had mold all around the bath tub, the curtains would let light in because they were raged like in a horror movie; I gave them the benefit of the doubt and ask to change rooms, and they were not able to do that, it was very frustrating. There is also a weird smell of mold going around, I guess it has to do something with the a/c not working for the rest of the building. I was planning to stay for a week but I hardly lasted a night. Pictures lie, is NOT next of close to the beach, so people don't waste your money, I bet any other place for that amount of money is a lot better than this one, this place should not deserve not even half star, like the city posted at the door, the place is in uninhabitable conditions.

Room Tip: It was just a disgusting experience, very suitable for Halloween, but that's about it
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I would like to run by some of the items you have mentioned.

1. There is an ice machine in both of our hotel buildings so there should be no need to cross the street to get ice. This is of course, unless, the ice machine is in the process of rebuilding the ice if there is a large amount of guests that have already received ice. However, we rarely run into that issue.

2. Our first floor was at no point shut down and has always been open. I am not sure where that information has came from. If you made that inference from the signs on the rooms on the first floor then that would be greatly incorrect. Those are generic signs that are put up so that we can get our plumbing corrected and also have some drywall repair done as well.

3. I want to apologize if you found that your room was not to your satisfaction. Cleanliness is taken very seriously and I would like very much if I were notified during your stay about it. I would have had it corrected on the spot and also gotten a chance to talk to any of the staff about it to prevent future occurrences.

4. The last thing I will go over is the comment you made that our hotel is not next to the beach. I am not sure how you came to this conclusion but our hotel's neighbor is in fact the beach. Walking normally out of my office, through the lobby, and down the sidewalk to the beach path or to the pool deck where I can also access the beach would take me less than a minute.

All in all, I hope that you return to our hotel because I am certain we are able to treat you to a much better experience.

Tortuguitas, Argentina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We found this hotel via Priceline. Listed as having a 2-star rating, we decided to give it a try because it was close to where we were in Ft. Lauderdale AND we needed to rest real bad. The room we were given was nice and clean. Parking was no problem. Furthermore, it was included in the room rate. Also included was breakfast. This was for us the low point. It was unattended and the guests made a mess out of it. But we had a good night's sleep and that was what we were looking for in the first place. Ah! I was forgetting that the wi-fi in the room worked pretty good.

Room Tip: Do not let the offer of free breakfast sway your decision.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you found your little stop in to be a pleasant time. We hope to see you in the future whenever you decide to vacation in our area again.

Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

One positive thing about this place was the location-across from the beach. But next time I stay in that city, I will definitely stay somewhere else! The only reason I didn't check out was because I was rushed for a weekend conference/course and I was traveling alone. Didn't know where else to go. So, here's the story...I check in to the first room and was instantly suffocated by the heat and humidity. I looked and saw the sliding door was open and the air conditioner was off. I tried to close the door but it wouldn't budge-it turned out to be broken. So I hauled myself and my luggage (far elevater because the closer one was shut down) back down to the front desk to ask for another room. I get another humid room where everything felt wet/ damp, smelled so bad of mildew, mattress sunken in the middle, dirty floors, visible mold on walls, and I could go on and on. There were other rooms that had signs of Hazardous Conditions on the doors and I think my room should have had the same sign on it. I shouldn't have stayed, being allergic to mold, but like I said, I didn't have time to look for another place. Wish I could get my money back...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hello,

Thank you for writing your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your experience and I am truly sorry it was not a better experience. I believe that our establishment is able to accomodate everyone and I hope that you do come back one day for a better stay.

Have A Nice Day

Fort Myers, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms are a little dated, but I would recommend it. The beach was literally right at the foot of the beachside and it's within walking distance of some good food and my favorite, ice cream. The staff was friendly and helpful if you needed anything. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Bellevillr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was the best price we found on the beach, Lauderdale by the sea!
Accommodating, friendly front desk personal!
We were here not knowing when our business would be done send they kept renewing our room rate at discounted rate to help us out! Very kind!!!

Room Tip: Speck to front desk help, very accommodating and friendly!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had a great experience with us at our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

What to thank grace and Andrew for my our stay great. We drove for 11 hrs straight to get to hotel arrived way too early but they accommodated all five of us. They also were very informative as to places to eat .

• Stayed September 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am proud to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

Manager

Been to Lauderdale Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!