“Great spot for a great price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lauderdale Beachside Hotel

You added Lauderdale Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Lauderdale Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4660 North Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea)   |
Ranked #98 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Myers, Florida
“Great spot for a great price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The rooms are a little dated, but I would recommend it. The beach was literally right at the foot of the beachside and it's within walking distance of some good food and my favorite, ice cream. The staff was friendly and helpful if you needed anything. I would recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Bellevillr
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was the best price we found on the beach, Lauderdale by the sea!
Accommodating, friendly front desk personal!
We were here not knowing when our business would be done send they kept renewing our room rate at discounted rate to help us out! Very kind!!!

Room Tip: Speck to front desk help, very accommodating and friendly!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear you had a great experience with us at our establishment. We look forward to seeing you again.

Mooresville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

What to thank grace and Andrew for my our stay great. We drove for 11 hrs straight to get to hotel arrived way too early but they accommodated all five of us. They also were very informative as to places to eat .

• Stayed September 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am proud to hear that you had a pleasant stay and we look forward to seeing you again.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

NOT AS PICTURED AT ALL!!!! I was told that the pictures were from 5 years ago when they first opened. I thought the boogie man was gonna pop out and get me. And that was just waiting in the lobby. Signs on doors saying HAZARDOUS AREA accompanied by dead bolt locks. Took almost an hour to get checked in. Had to go back and forth to the front desk 3 times because the keys didn't open my room door. So I was given a new room..... unfortunately the key worked. The room was horrible. A rag was on the floor next to the bed. I wanted to die. But in my car. Not in that room because I didn't want to risk falling on that carpet. IS IT THAT HARD TO SHAMPOO THE CARPET EVERY 2 WEEKS TO A MONTH???? Rooms wouldn't look so bad if the floor and furniture wasn't filthy. DUH!!! and is it that difficult to update the decor. Steal ideas from other hotels. I don't mind. Raise the price if you have to. I still wouldn't mind. So before I cancelled I was given 3 other rooms ("deluxe" rooms) to check out. They were the same as the standard rooms. Cheap rooms, yea, but the pictures on the internet make you feel as though your getting a deal. Deception deception ... why you gotta trick us like that? To the owner, your hotel sits on a great location. Take advantage of that. Redecorate for crying out loud!

• Stayed September 2013
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I want to thank you bringing to my attention that there are some pictures that may still be lingering that need to be updated. We are currently having our Housekeeping Inspector as well as myself try to find any pictures that can be updated. Our photographer will also be taking new pictures so that we can post them online. If you would like to help, please tell me where you have seen any pictures that you believed to be "outdated" so that I may correct them.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My story is much longer than 200 characters but lets just say, not like pics online and staff agreed and said yea I need to remove those the rooms had flying ants on walls lamp etc. broken beds, so much frost in freezer no room for food, rude repair guy, nasty stained bedspread, not working TV with broken power button and no remote control, lamp that had no outlet to plug it into or even close by, sunk in and very old couch, phone that is not connected, broken bed and more!!! STAY AWAY from here. I checked out after checking in and had been room changed 2 times not including the first one where none of the keys worked. Dont say you were not warned. I have pics if you would like to see.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I apologize for your inconveniences and would like to see you come back for a better experience as the majority of our customers do have a pleasant time at our hotel.

Have A Nice Day

Cape Coral
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Where do I start. I don't usually take the time to do this but if I can help one potential guest avoid this dump it's worth it. The girl at the front desk..Felicia..is a rude and disconcerning individual that should never be in the HOSPITALITY industry. She refused to call the maids to see if our "early check in requested room was ready as "the maids don't always pick up my signal and..they work from the back building to the front, we are understaffed and I can't have them make an exception". She also said that there was only one king non smoking room and we had to wait for that to be cleaned (finally got our room at 3:00 pm..nice early check in) which we found to be a lie as there are numerous ones. We also were supposed to be on a higher floor with a balcony looking out on the beach and ocean..we paid a premium for this type of room, but were put on the ground floor where we had to keep the door locked (the lock was stripped off and a cheap hinge lock replacing it. The glass door was so filthy I had a maid come back to clean it and she couldn't care less wiping months of sludge aound with a face cloth making oily z's as she swiped at it. I told her to leave, went out to our car and got our windex and paper towels and used the whole roll and half the bottle to clean it where we could partially see out. The bathroom was pathetic with serious rust on the floorboards, cracks in the calcking around the scummy tub and shower curtain, and old stains of previous guests who knows what EVERYWHERE! The beds were many years old with the worn and graying boxsprings protruding out from the worn bedsheets..JUST GROSS!! When I brought up the messed up houskeeping situation to the manager Andrew he blew me off with "I can't be micro-managing the housekeeping"..couldn't care less so don't get caught up in his supposed caring rebuttels to these reviews as it's just cheap lip service! The only redeaming entity in this Labor Day Weekend fiassco was the very pleasant Grace at the front desk that unfortunately is not the only one at the desk and should be the manager with her people skills that no one and I mean no one in this house of horrors has any idea of. We searched around to try and extricate ourselves from this scum pit but everyone was full by then. We stayed, keeping the filthy bedspread and covers away from our upper bodies and stuck it out. I have been in this industry for years, traveled all over and to many third world countries and have never experienced filth and non professionalism like this dump exposed us to. Please stay away, whatever the cost,as you will be treated to what many establishments up and down the street told us as we were begging them to take us in was the unfortunate norm that many guests that checked out of this pit to move to their hotels related to them. Finally a secret I discovered when demanding to know who owns this dump was that the BANK ,owns it and they are doing the bare minimum to keep it afloat although scrapping the whole property would serve the site better. I can still smell that dump..WARNING..don't give them your hard earned money no matter how cheap it is. We paid $100 a night for a slum room that was supposed to be their premium oceanfront room which my wife and I can still smell the horrid scent from that place. Heed our warning!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Hello,

I would like to address a few of the issues you have described.

1. You were upset that a room was not available for early check in and you claim we did not make an attempt to get it ready for you. We were sold out the entire weekend for this past Labor Day which means there were many guests that stayed over and needed service for their rooms. I am sorry that you felt different, but at our hotel we make sure that the guests that are inhouse receive service first before an empty room is cleaned. On top of that I heard my front desk agent, Felicia, call the housekeeping numerous times to check on your room's status and also the Housekeeping Supervisor was on top of it as well. But again, we will make sure that all guests inhouse receive service first. Early check-in is a courtesy we extend, not a guarantee.

2. I remember speaking to you and I definitely did not blow you off. I am sorry if you felt this way. I explained to you everything that I mentioned in the previous paragraph. I will admit that I used the term that I do not micro-manage the housekeeping department, but that is due to them doing their job correctly. Again, our inhouse guests get serviced before we clean empty rooms.

3. You cannot pay for a floor level. I'm not sure how you came to this conclusion, but you can put a request for a higher floor but there is no way to pay for one.

4. The hotel is in a transition right now but that does not mean our business is not being run as normal. They are keeping up with all utilities with the hotel as well as purchases for every department. Our hotel is steadily improving.

I will not go into further detail but nonetheless I am sorry for your inconveniences. Our hotel had over 130 rooms sold for 4 nights this past Labor Day weekend and I am sorry that you were not as pleased as the majority of our customers.

Have A Nice Day

Wilmington, Delaware
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

You definitely get what you pay for...when we first checked in the lobby smelled musty, but I just thought it was just the lobby so it wouldn't be a big deal. WRONG....the hallways smelled of mold and were dimly lit (I think so you couldn't see how dirty it really was) and when we opened the door to the room the smell of mold was overpowering. It was late and everyone just wanted to sleep, so we stayed. Big mistake, we barely slept all night, and we all felt horrible the next morning, we couldn't get the smell of mold out of our noses. We tried to take showers the next morning and there was no hot water. When I asked the front desk I was told we would have to wait for maintenance to come in. So we changed our plans and went to the beach. I walked back and asked for a late check out so we would have time to shower after the hot water was fixed and I was told we could stay for an extra hour, but after that we would have to pay for another day. When I went back to the room they fixed the hot water and there were dirty foot print all over the bathroom from the workers. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Andrew S, Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Hello,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am truly sorry to hear of your experience and want to ensure you that this is not the same result we expect at our hotel. We hope to see you stay again with us so that we may be able to prove this to you.

Manager

Been to Lauderdale Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!