“The most dirty and nasty hotel I ever saw.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lauderdale Beachside Hotel

Save Saved
You added Lauderdale Beachside Hotel to your Saves list
Lauderdale Beachside Hotel
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   4660 North Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Lauderdale-by-the-Sea)   |
Ranked #116 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Baltimore, Maryland
“The most dirty and nasty hotel I ever saw.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE, IF U DO YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED!!! DO NOT!
Good day, I just thought you might like to k now the conditions at this property. This past weekend has been a disaster for my sister and me. We experienced very dirty rooms after having been taking to six different rooms to find one that would be accommodating. The pictures on the website verses what we saw once we got there were totally different. One room had a busted broken air conditioning unit/bad toilet, one room had bed bugs that we actually saw crawling inside of the bed (tiny bugs), another room had a broken key code box that caused us to get locked out of the room and our hot food became cold since we had to wait on John to come let us back in. Then to top it all off, one of the rooms had filthy dirty sheet/comforter that had blood stains on it. We took the dirty comforter directly to the front desk ( to show attendant. It became very tasking from the time of check in which was around 5:45pm and until around 11pm that night after we finally had to pack up and leave after a huge black bug was in the shower curtain.

Room Tip: No fitness center and not restaurant. Folks save your money and do not allow their "discounted...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
In response to your comments, please note the following. The General manager, Housekeeping Manager and Engineer inspected all 4 rooms that you had seen upon your arrival to the hotel. There were no issues found in any of the rooms. Every room was in clean condition, all air conditioners worked perfectly fine, all toilets were functioning, all guest room door locks worked properly without malfunction, and there were absolutely no sign of any bugs that you mentioned in your comments. As a matter of fact, we have a regular pest control company that comes to service the hotel and there is very little issues with pests.

In fact, our General Manager actually spent the night in one of the rooms you had an issue with and there were no issues found at all. It is difficult to believe that you managed to change four rooms every 7 minutes and found all of these issues.

As a courtesy, the hotel accomodated you by cancelling your reservation and issued a full refund of your funds after being in the hotel for over 4 hours. We have many happy and satisfied customers that stay with us. We are sorry that this hotel is not to your standards and you may want to consider booking a 4 or 5 star hotel in the future.

495 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a very long duration. The location is fantastic direct on the beach, close to the pier, drug store, liquor store, etc. The staff are excellent, very kind and eager to please especially Andrew at the front desk. Anything we needed was provided such as towels, etc. The continental breakfast included in the rate was good. I enjoyed the variey of cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, variety of bread, muffins, danishes. The coffee was very good. I would recommend this hotel as it is great vaue for your money especially the location is ideal.

Room Tip: I would recommend you book the hotel across the street where you have direct access to the pool and...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Thank you for the comments you have left in regards to your stay with us. We are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again. We are currently in the process of upgrading our hotel to become a major chain in the upcoming months. We appreciate all of your kind and thoughtful words for our staff and wish you the best.

San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

First, this hotel is old! The furniture,carpet and etc. The beaches at the back of the hotel has lot of cigarettes butt. Someone is smoking at night in their room and I really do not like that smells at all...Pets are also allow in the room.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, August 12, 2012
Thank you for your comments from your recent stay with us. In regards to the two issues you mentioned, we have a no smoking policy. Every room in our hotel is a non-smoking room and there is a charge of $200 if someone is caught smoking in the room. Smoking outside is permitted and we strive to keep the area clean. There are also 4 pet rooms in our hotel. Pets are allowed in those 4 rooms after the pet fee is paid and not any other. We hope to see you again in the future as we are upgrading our hotel to a major franchise chain in the next several months.

Louisa, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

We just needed a quick place to stay before an early morning flight and thought this looked like a good choice. It is in a beautiful and convenient location to the beach, pier and restaurants but had the worst service I have ever seen. There were no towels in the room. We asked for some at the front desk and were told they would be brought to the room. We never heard from them again. I would definately not stay here again, especially if it were for more than one night.

• Stayed August 2012
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Lauderdale Beachside Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback during your recent stay with us. While we try to provide sufficient amenities for our guests, there are times when we do run short of certain items. In this case it was towels and this issue has been addressed by our management team so that future guests are not inconvenienced. I value your business and sincerely hope that you will give us a second chance and visit us again.

Andrew
Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The only saving grace of this place was the morning front desk receptionist, Shantel. Too bad we were checking out. First we arrived after 14 hours of travel with two young children, it took over 45 minutes to check in because priceline (they sink too), never sent our reservation confirmation. By the time we got into our room it was 2am. The non-smoking room smell like smoke, blankets and all. The doors were rusted out. The lock was coming off the wall like someone tried to break into the room.

The shower was disgusting. Bath mat was moldy, fawcet fell off in my hands. Toilet didn't flush properly and the shower curtain rod was curved which didn't fit the tub so by the time I got out of the shower there was more water on the floor than going down the drain. Needless to say the clothes I had on the floor were soaked, literally a puddle on the floor. The remote on the tv didn't work, ok I think you get the picture.....too bad really because it's right on the beach and cheap. I guess you get what you pay for. We canceled our 2nd night and went down the road.

If you are going to try this place I suggest asking to see the rooms before you book and ask for a room on the beach, I'm sure the views are killer.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments during your recent stay with us. While we strive to ensure that every reservation is entered correctly in our system we do rely on our supplier partners to get the reservations to us in a timely manner. We have brought this issue to our booking partners and hopefully there will be less of this going forward.

The hotel is going to be undergoing a renovation and transitioning to a major brand of hotel chains. This is expected to occur in the next 6 months. While at the current time the property is dated, we try to keep everything in good working order and functioning. My apologies for any inconvenience caused to your stay.

Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We wanted to stay in the Ft Lauderdale beach area one more day. Husband booked the room without checking any reviews. Room was AWFUL. Holes in the walls and ceiling. We had to change room. No towels provided. Breakfast was an experience. Toasters were plugged into power strip which kept overloading. The two positive things that I can say: a)hot water for our shower b)coffee was hot. If you are running low on funds this is your place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to inform you that as of now, the issues that you have mentioned have all been corrected as of the current date. My apologies for any inconvenience that you incurred while staying with us. Rest assured that you will not have the same experience if you gave us a second chance.

Plantation, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I booked this room for a quick 1 night local getaway with the family, we thought it would be nice to wake up at the beach rather than driving there in the morning. I booked only 1 day before our check in date and did not read any of these reviews until the following day. I was at that point very nervous to check in and debating on whether it'd be worth it or not to lose our $$$ that we had already paid as it was too late to cancel without losing it.

When we first pulled up and parked at the main building to check in, the building itself gave me the creeps, you could see into some of the rooms on the lower floors that appeared to have been going through renovation (thank goodness) and they looked pretty gross from the outside. As we walked into the lobby there was an overbearing mildew smell hence 1 of the doors being propped open to help get rid of the smell (it wasn't working). The woman who checked us in was fine until my husband looked at me and asked "do you want to stay here".. i replied saying "well, i haven't seen the room yet so i don't know". He asked her if we could see the room first and irritatedly she handed us a key and asked for his ID. We went and checked out the room and I was actually very surprised when we walked in. It was actually quite clean, no bugs, no dirty linens, etc. The fridge and microwave were outdated but I wasn't really concerned about that so we went back down and said ok. After going back to the room and putting our bags up, we decided to walk to Commercial Pier for dinner (great food and even better dining view just 4 blocks away) and as we were leaving I asked the woman at the front desk who had checked us in how I would go about getting the coffee maker in my room (which the site claims is already in the room).. she replied that she will "try" to send someone up later with one.... she didn't try hard enough because I never got my coffee!!! :(

That night I had a lot of trouble sleeping as some of the reviews that I had read kept popping into my head, i even laid my own blanket down under me in fear of sleeping on their comforters which did appear to be clean but you just never know!.. I think I just psyched myself out but honestly, if you want peace of mind while sleeping, just book somewhere else and pay the extra couple of bucks!

When we woke up in the morning we realized that there were no towels in the room to shower and though we had our own towels that we were going to take to the beach with us, we figured we'd just go straight down to the ocean, I was starting to get more creeped out and just wanted to leave. We did stop in the dark, dingy dining room for our continental breakfast in the morning and everything was packaged, ei boxes of cereal, danishes, etc.. so we felt safe eating it. We walked down to the beach and enjoyed the rest of our day.

The location of the beach is great as it is a bit more quaint then downtown Fort Lauderdale, it is walking distance to the pier which has some great live music and restaurants as well as walking distance from one of the best waterfront restaurants in the area (the Seawatch) but there are many other inns locally that might cost an extra $15-$30 a night which much better accommodations!

Also, the Damon's Grill which appears to be connected to the hotel is no longer in business and the Tiki bar still remains closed!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for comments during your visit with us. I'm glad to note that you enjoyed your accomodations. My apologies for the lack of towels in your room. While we try to ensure that every room is ready for our guest. this was an unfortunate over sight by one of our housekeeping staff. The issue has been addressed with our housekeeping manager. I would like to let you know that the hotel is planning to undergo a renovation and change to major brand of hotel chains in the next 6 months.

Front Office Manager

Been to Lauderdale Beachside Hotel? Share your experiences!