“Definitely not worth the money” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Bahia Cabana Beach Resort

You added Bahia Cabana Beach Resort to your Saves list
Bahia Cabana Beach Resort
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Harbor Drive (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Formerly Days Inn Bahia Cabana)   |
Ranked #97 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Michigan
“Definitely not worth the money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

We stayed at the Days Inn Bahia Cabana while in Fort Lauderdale. THe pictures that you find on the internet are taken of the best parts of the hotels. We paid $137 for the room which was a run down motel room at best. Its hard to park at the hotel, the rooms are not clean like a hotel should be and the staff is rude.This was one of the only hotels that had availability during the time that we went and they cranked the price because of that. This hotel reminds me of something that I might spend $40 a night on.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2010

Was a little worried from looking at the outside but once you get in you wont want to leave! We have to teenage children and they really enjoyed the heated outdoor pool. Great tiki bars next to pool with tons of T.V.s for the parents to enjoy while watching the kids swim. Right on the harbour and across the street from the beach. Rooms are huge on the older side but for the price you can`t ask for more. iT can be loud but if you dont like the atmosphere there is a second building a 1/2 block away. FREE Valet parking! Great Food!! Planning to come back here soon!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
St. Louis, MO
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

We went here for a 50th birthday Party, we had 6 rooms blocked out. My husband and I arrived a nite before the rest of the party. As soon as we saw the entrance I new it was going to be a adventure. When I saw the room, I had a flash back to the 1960's. Dark and Dant atmosphere. It made you want to look for the bugs which of course were easy to find. I called our friends in Chicago, to tell them. Of course their response was "it can't be that bad". We had walked down the street to get a bite to eat, and asked the waiter if he knew a nice reasonable place to stay. Here is his answer "there are lots of places,, I'll tell you where not to stay the Bahia Cabana down the street, they have had bug problems. But it is a great late night party place, with good food at a very reasonable price.

So we went back, I talked with the manager and he gave me a bunch of room keys and told me to go look at what he had and I could pick the best one I could find. It turned out to be the handicapped room, which apparently had been remodeled and not used very much.

As our friends and family arrived they did the same. We only stayed becaused we didn't want to be the Party Poopers. Never again!!! We work to hard for vacation, I couldn't sleep in this place all week. We actually went to look at some Real Estate while we were in town and we were to embarrased to have our Realtor pick us up at this place.

I would not stay here with children, to much nite bar activity.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

Stayed here in late December, no heater (yes it does get cold sometimes in S Florida). Was booked into one of the buildings across the street, was a bit old and run-down. Water comes out yellow, found roach the first night (big one!), maid service does not clean room every day, water does not get very hot, parking is chancy (at least it's free). A lot to sacrifice to save a few $$$$$.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

Totally disappointed. I went by the pics on the website, and thought it was decent enough for the price. Wrong. As soon as we checked into our room, my young son was confronted with a cockroach in the bathroom. When I called the front desk, they immediately corrected me and said it was a "Palmetto Bug... very common here in south Florida." I guess they are used to people calling about roaches and have their "Palmetto Bug" line ready! We asked for a new room. It stunk as much as the roach room we originally got. The room was dark, dank and rotting. At 4:30 am we hear howls from some "guests" going to bed. They were having so much fun, they even decided to break some lamps. All this just so we could save some money for the one night we stayed in Ft. Lauderdale. I would have gladly spent the extra $50 and gone to a nicer place had I known what a terrible place it was.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

We stayed here just for a quick, cheap weekend getaway from the cold and this hotel serves that purpose! Although the place could definately use some updating, it's fine for taking a shower and having a place to sleep. It's Florida so you don't spend much time in the room anyway. The entertainment there is great though...live music all weekend and decent food. Also it's conveniently across from the beach and walking distance to a lot of other restaurants and bars. The only thing that was slightly disappointing was that the hotel is split up into 3 buildings and we ended up in the farthest building from the pool/lobby/restaurant area which is actually across the street. I would recommend this hotel for someone going to just have fun and enjoy the weather but not for someone looking for an upscale hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Ontario
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2009

I booked this hotel directly by phone (four months in advance) for a one-night stay before leaving on a cruise. When speaking with the hotel I was clear that we were travelling with 2 children. When we arrived they put us into a room overlooking to pool area. Not bad, we thought, the kids will be close for a swim. When we opened the room door we were confronted by a small, shabby room with decor right out of the 1960's, a worn and stained bathroom, two double beds squeezed into a space that left little room to put suitcases and a wall air conditioner that was mounted over the headboard of one of the beds and was too noisy to run at night. We'd have left the window open at night except that the pool area had turned into a loud bar with a live band. We could hardly hear ourselves talk or hear the TV. When the bar /band noise died down about midnight it was replaced by loud people in the pool. To top it all off was the three 20-something women at 4:00 am who were in the pool, shouting to one another and asking the hotel staff for "three more Bud Lights". We calaled to the Front Desk and asked that they bring the party to an end... which it did about 20 minutes later. When checking out, I commented about the noise and got a $20 discount (too little, too late). I suggested that they might have a family checking in with children they might consider giving them a room somewhere else that right above the bar/pool. "Some people like to be close to the pool for the kids", I was told. That might be so, but bewtween 9pm and 8am we and our kids would rather be sleeping instead of being blasted by the noise from the bar/pool. Don't be fooled by the description or the photos on their website!! The location of this hotel was convenient, but next time I would stay ay the Sheraton, Best Western or Marriott (each only a block away) even if they cost twice as much.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Bahia Cabana Beach Resort? Share your experiences!