“The people were nice. The sheets were clean. The motel is...” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Bahia Cabana

You added Days Inn Bahia Cabana to your Saves list
Days Inn Bahia Cabana
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3001 Harbor Drive (A1A), Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316 (Central Beach)   |
Ranked #91 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
NJ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband, son and I were in Ft. Lauderdale for a convention (over 500 members), we stayed near the Bahia Cabana. Other members of the convention were raving about the breakfast at the Bahia Cabana so we planned to eat there during our trip. We arrived one morning a few minutes after 11 am, but they had stopped serving breakfast at 11. We went ahead and ordered lunch from the female server, who seemed pretty indifferent about us. She wasn't polite at all and seemed to be very rushed. When she brought out our food, I was sitting farthest from her which meant she needed to hand me my plate instead of putting it down in front of me on the table. When she handed the plate to me, it hit the glass of water on the table and it spilled all over the table, down the front of me (including my legs and feet) and all over my bench seat. She grabbed some napkins and started wiping the table. I asked her for some paper towels and she took two napkins from the holder on the table and handed them to me. When I tell you that water was all over, we're talking approximately 22 ounces of it....at no point did she look at me or say anything to me. She did not even acknowledge being responsible for the spill, let alone an apology. The food was excellent.

On our 2nd visit, we ordered breakfast. The food, again, was excellent but the service lacked (again). We had a male server who quickly took our order and again, seemed rushed. The breakfast we all had was delicious. As it was approaching 11 am a table of 10 entered. The server graciously informed them that breakfast was about to end so he took 3 of their breakfast orders as the rest wanted lunch. By this time, we were sitting there waiting for our dishes to be cleared. Apparently, our server was going off shift at 11 and another server was taking over. I only know this because he introduced her to the table of 10 and informed them of this. He proceeded to clear 4 other tables and give them their bill as we sat there waiting for him to clear our table. He was standing at the register several times which was only about 10 feet from us but made no eye contact with us at all to even acknowledge us, our dirty dishes or the fact we really needed our check so we could get to the airport and catch our plane. When he finally came over to clear our dishes my husband politely mentioned we were ready to go and the server made the comment, "me too"...and still....NO check!

As it turned out, he finally brought our check and the server made out with well OVER 20% gratuity...we didn't have the time to stick around and wait to make change.

Even though this was within walking distance of our resort, if we visit again, we WILL NOT eat at this restaurant again. Food was delicious, great outdoor patio dining, but the service, quite frankly STINKS! Living in a tourist town myself, this is totally unacceptable service!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

I arrived and found that my room was nowhere near looking over the ocean. They mustn't have gotten my memo. And every time I had to use the bathroom, I'd have to manually make sure the lever on the float in the tank would go up or the water would stay running. Pretty annoying. Other than that, the room was pretty decent.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Location is awesome, right across from beautiful Fort Lauderdale Beach. The folks at the front desk were nice - they dont have a ice machine, and we tried to get ice at the bar/restaurant - those folks were rude and told us we'd have to buy, but the folks at the front desk not only hooked us up but got us a "loaner" cooler. There is also a little "go-cart" like electric shuttle that is free and operates all day and drops you where ever you want up the strip. Room was clean and spacious. Only problem was the beds were comically caved in so the sleep wasnt the best. Would stay here again for the price and what you get.

G Man

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Oceanside, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this for a group of Scouts, before a bus ride to Florida Sea Base. The booking process was okay. The price was good and it was convenient for the shuttle from the hotel and the bus to FSB, but the hotel room was the worst I have been in for awhile. It was really old and did not seem clean. The bathroom had no counter space in a room meant for at least 4 people. There was a trail of weird ants in the kitchen. I reported the infestation, but the front desk was distracted breaking up a domestic violence situation in another building and he said he would look after we checked out. The hotel was across the street from a great beach park.
The girls did enjoy the barstools on the balcony of our room and the air conditioning worked well.

We did really enjoy dinner in the restaurant and they gave us a discount. Several people raved about the fish tacos and we enjoyed the view and music. Breakfast was included in our package and was very good too. Most staff was friendly, but one waitress was cranky.

Room Tip: The room with the two queens and sofa sleeper in the living room was old and grimy.