“THE PITS!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Club Resort

You added Sea Club Resort to your Saves list
Sea Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   619 Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #72 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“THE PITS!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

When booked this hotel, I understood that this was not a luxury beach hotel. My boyfriend and I were only staying for a couple of days, we figured it can't be that bad. What I experienced was deplorable. This hotel needs to be shut down.
First things first, the photos are extremely deceiving. They try to make it look modern, but the reality is that the hotel needs updating as it's falling apart. The paint was chipping in the bathroom, the tiles were cracked, the sheets felt like razors, and not to mention that the wifi did not work. However, this was the least of my worries. As I was in the bathroom getting ready, a enormous cockroach crawled out from the corner. I've been to Florida many many times, and I know what a palmetto bug looks like. This was a cockroach. I even tried stepping on it FOUR times, and it still did not die!! I immediately went down to the front desk to speak to a manager, who was extremely rude. He tried to argue with me about what type of bug it is. Regardless of type, it's unacceptable. Only when I told him we were not staying here for the rest of our trip did he finally suggest giving us a different room. All said and done, they told us that there would be money taken off of our bill and that we would be upgraded to a "suite". (Just for your knowledge a suite is the exact same thing as a regular room, just with an extra table and more mirrors.)
The hotel staff was so rude. As we now have to move all of our belongings from one room to the next, not one employee offered to help. One staff member sat there and watched me as I lugged all of my bags up a flight of stairs. When I asked if he had a cart he told me the hotel didn't have one. Moments later I saw him helping a couple with their bags on a cart.
Finally we get into the new cockroach free room. The manager must have never told his staff that the room was now occupied because minutes later a cleaning lady walked right into our room not realizing it was now booked, AKA she walked in on my boyfriend and I having sex. Not only am I now disgusted but I'm mortified. Luckily I was on vacation and we never have to see her again.
One of the more annoying aspects of this hotel is the construction going on next door. It was obnoxiously loud and began at 8 in the morning. How frustrating it is when you pay money to relax and get away only to become more aggravated!!
This hotel does not care at all about the safety and well being of their guests. On my last day, I heard a violent argument between a couple in the room above me. I heard screaming, smacking, banging, and crying. I called the front desk to notify them. I told the receptionist what was occurring, and her reply in broken English was that I was trying to contact another room. I explained it to her numerous times, but I could tell she didn't know what I was talking about. The arguing continued for an hour and a half. I'm appalled that not one decent human being attempted to help or figure out the problem. It's disgraceful.
At first, I really did not want to put a bad review for this hotel, it's not something that I typically do, although after looking at my bill I had to. They charged us the full amount for each night, even after they told us they would take money off after the cockroach incident. I feel like I got scammed BIG TIME. When I'm on vacation I don't ask for much; clean rooms, friendly people, and peace. I got neither, instead I was repulsed, lied to, interrupted, and embarrassed. DO NOT GO HERE! The staff is by far the worst I've ever saw, and the management is a real piece of work. The only positive thing I have to say about the hotel is that the location was ideal. Otherwise stay very far !

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
tel aviv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

the location of the hotel is great!! a few min' walk from the room and you are on the beautiful beach. the hotel stuff were super helpfull and freindlly!
you get towles and chiars for the beach. live music shows in the hotel bar were very nice. the
. resturant has great view and good servise. room was clean, big and comfertable for all the family

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you must stay across from the beach at 1/3 what the big chains charge, this is for you. Otherwise pass. Sink caulking was coming off the wall, great water pressure but handle came off in my hand. Free drink on arrival, but very thin walls. What are your priorities? And go from there. The staff was lovely.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My first vacation in Ft Lauderdale had me apprehensive . I chose this hotel based on location. What a fabulous choice.
It was moderately priced and ocean front. Some areas under renovation but that didn't detract from customer service.
Upon arrival, I was presented with coupons for a free daily cocktail and breakfast. Beach chairs and towels provided. The pool area is so tropical. Chairs and towels provided here as well. Manager walked around talking to customers and no complaints were voiced. As I stood by the pool, I was given an ice cold water bottle. Who could ask for more!
There is a restaurant / bar on premises and lounge with live entertainment. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and overly accommodating. A truly positive experience!

Stayed May 2015
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Everything with this hotel was by far the most amazing thing that I have ever been lucky enough to encounter! Ferrell at the Front desk was very professional and great at what he does! very accommodating! Michael the bell man was just as courteous and made sure we were taken care of from the moment we walked in the door. Ronen the Manage... well i don't have words to describe him! He made us feel like we were invited into his home he accommodated us more than I could have ever asked. He was simply AMAZING!! last but not least, our FAVORITE bar tender... Christopher. You wont go thirsty and you wont leave without laughing! hes not only a fabulous bartender but he definitely is an entertainer but also professional! Can't wait to go back!!

Be back in June:)

See you all soon Jim and Gina!!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

It was not fancy with all the bells and whistles that come with a high rate. The property was very clean and the staff was extremely attentive and helpful. There was locked, gated parking under the building, which was very nice. The restaurant was wonderful being open and overlooking the ocean. The room was very nice and the beds were so comfortable. Everything was very clean. Yes, a little outdated, but they are trying to update, and we have no need for luxury that you have to pay an arm and a leg for. This will definitely be my choice of hotels in the future and would highly recommend it to anyone not wanting to waste their money on high end luxury. (but I guess that is important to some people). As far as paying $2.22 for the safe whether used or not.... big deal, it's two dollars. Thank you staff for a very comfortable stay and the genuine concern you have for people.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The expression you get what you pay for really applies to this hotel. The Sea Club Resort is great for the price and especially being right across from the beach. The complaint would be it is made from concrete so the noise travels. We where on the 2nd floor and could here the toilet flush and people slamming the doors all thru the night. So loud it sounded like they where about to bust in your door. Also the air conditioning didn't seem to be cooling the room down. I read plenty reviews before booking and thought to myself you can't make every body happy but the reviews are right. Also if you have plans to visit the on site restaurant. .dont..food was awful. I recommend hitting up Grandpa's restaurant for breakfast and Roccos. Tacos for dinner. Drinks are a little pricey but the guacamole is the bomb.com.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Club Resort? Share your experiences!