“A pleasant surprise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Club Resort

You added Sea Club Resort to your Saves list
Sea Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   619 Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #73 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“A pleasant surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My first vacation in Ft Lauderdale had me apprehensive . I chose this hotel based on location. What a fabulous choice.
It was moderately priced and ocean front. Some areas under renovation but that didn't detract from customer service.
Upon arrival, I was presented with coupons for a free daily cocktail and breakfast. Beach chairs and towels provided. The pool area is so tropical. Chairs and towels provided here as well. Manager walked around talking to customers and no complaints were voiced. As I stood by the pool, I was given an ice cold water bottle. Who could ask for more!
There is a restaurant / bar on premises and lounge with live entertainment. Every staff member I encountered was pleasant and overly accommodating. A truly positive experience!

Stayed May 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Barnegat, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Everything with this hotel was by far the most amazing thing that I have ever been lucky enough to encounter! Ferrell at the Front desk was very professional and great at what he does! very accommodating! Michael the bell man was just as courteous and made sure we were taken care of from the moment we walked in the door. Ronen the Manage... well i don't have words to describe him! He made us feel like we were invited into his home he accommodated us more than I could have ever asked. He was simply AMAZING!! last but not least, our FAVORITE bar tender... Christopher. You wont go thirsty and you wont leave without laughing! hes not only a fabulous bartender but he definitely is an entertainer but also professional! Can't wait to go back!!

Be back in June:)

See you all soon Jim and Gina!!

Room Tip: All rooms have an amazing view.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

It was not fancy with all the bells and whistles that come with a high rate. The property was very clean and the staff was extremely attentive and helpful. There was locked, gated parking under the building, which was very nice. The restaurant was wonderful being open and overlooking the ocean. The room was very nice and the beds were so comfortable. Everything was very clean. Yes, a little outdated, but they are trying to update, and we have no need for luxury that you have to pay an arm and a leg for. This will definitely be my choice of hotels in the future and would highly recommend it to anyone not wanting to waste their money on high end luxury. (but I guess that is important to some people). As far as paying $2.22 for the safe whether used or not.... big deal, it's two dollars. Thank you staff for a very comfortable stay and the genuine concern you have for people.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The expression you get what you pay for really applies to this hotel. The Sea Club Resort is great for the price and especially being right across from the beach. The complaint would be it is made from concrete so the noise travels. We where on the 2nd floor and could here the toilet flush and people slamming the doors all thru the night. So loud it sounded like they where about to bust in your door. Also the air conditioning didn't seem to be cooling the room down. I read plenty reviews before booking and thought to myself you can't make every body happy but the reviews are right. Also if you have plans to visit the on site restaurant. .dont..food was awful. I recommend hitting up Grandpa's restaurant for breakfast and Roccos. Tacos for dinner. Drinks are a little pricey but the guacamole is the bomb.com.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Orlando
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I booked this hotel after just glancing over the reviews and seeing a decent average rating. After I booked I checked a few more sites and nearly had a heart attack over all of the 1 star reviews I saw.

Overall, I'll say we had a good visit.

It is an older hotel and appears to be a motel that was added onto. The front half of the building is motel-style rooms with doors that open to an outside walkway. I'm not crazy about those types of rooms so I was relived that we were given a room in the the back half of the hotel, which is set up like a more modern hotel with an interior corridor.

Our room was close to the parking lot in the back which was convienient. We had a small balcony with very little view, just the side of the hotel next to us and the few trees in that space, but it was quiet and nice.

The size of our room was bigger than I expected. We had a king bed which was very comfortable. The bathroom is nice because it is complete with the sink in the bathroom. The fixtures are obviously older and the water in the tub was dripping when we first checked in, but we were able to shut it off.

My only complaint with the room was that we could hear the guests in the rooms next to us. Their kids woke up early and turned on the TV, which woke me up much earlier than I intended. My husband is a lighter sleeper than I am and he said he heard noises from the other rooms throughout the night. I slept right through it though.

The girl working at the front desk was not particularly friendly, but she did let us check in 30 minutes early, so that was nice. When we first arrived to check in we parked in the lot since there wasn't much room in the front. There was an employee outside, I'm not sure if he was monitoring the parking or if he was just on break but he asked us if we were staying at the hotel and told us to bring our parking pass out as soon as we got it. There are signs that they will tow but the lot is so tiny I don't know how someone could get a tow truck in there.

As others mentioned they do charge a $2 fee for the safe in the room. I never used it, but I expected the fee, so I didn't get bent out of shape about it. They also put a $100 hold on my car, but that came off after a couple days like they said it would, so I had no trouble with that.

The best thing about the hotel is that it is right across A1A from the beach. (There are no hotels on the beach here, so across the street is as close as you are going to get.) The beach was beautiful. The hotel also has a small pool that looked really nice. I like that it is secluded by a high wall.

Overall, a great value for the location. The hotel is a bit dated but it was clean and a nice place to stay.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I was with a friend that had stayed here before..so he suggested I check it out..I had a great time here..Can't wait to go back..Staff in the bar was outstanding.The Bloody Mary's with breakfast in the a.m.were to die for. I gave it an A...

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a really wonderful hotel the location is unbeatable being right on the water. They have complementary beach towels and beach chairs. Rooms were very clean and seem to have been updated recently housecleaning was right on time and daily nice flat screen TVs.they also have free parking a laundry room very nice gym and it is a walking distance to nightlife. Best of all was the staff. Everyone remembered our names and went the extra mile to make our stay fabulous. Great beachvibe and lots of happy memories were made here thanks to all at the sea club. would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Club Resort? Share your experiences!