“Disgusting” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Club Resort

You added Sea Club Resort to your Saves list
Sea Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   619 Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #56 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
vancouver
“Disgusting”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Do NOT stay at this hotel…

Hotel is filthy!

Hotel staff are rude.

Beds are uncomfortable.

Closet doors are broken.

Bathrooms are filthy.

I believe hotel is scheduled to be demolished and the staff do not care or respect their customers.

We arrived at this hotel late at night after a long day of travelling, there was no one to assist with our luggage, we had to take luggage up approx. 8 steps then up and elevator to the 4th floor then outside down a long corridor then back inside then back outside to a porch to finally reach our hotel room. This hotel is very old and very chopped up.

Once inside our room, we were afraid to touch anything. It was dirty so much so we did not even shower during our stay as the tub had hair and stains in it. The toilet seat had pubic hair on it. We received no hotel service what so ever during our stay, no clean towels. No maid service.

After being out all day we returned to discover our room key would not give us access to our room. Maintenance had to be called to unlock our room. We were then advised that our room lock battery was dead and it could not be changed until the morning, so we had to stay inside our room, or we would be locked out and would have to go through the whole process again to gain access. We were told we would have to see the manager in the morning.

For our trouble we were given a free bagel and coffee.

Upon check out I was privileged to meet the hotel manager the rudest individual I have ever met. He would not do anything for us. He would not right the hotels wrongs.

Simply this hotel is grabbing the last few pennies it can before it is torn down. I was told my room was renovated when I called to confirm my reservation, and it was a suite with a mini kitchen, however there was no dishes no cutlery nothing to put food on or eat with.

There is nothing this hotel can say or excuses it can make for the shady service we received and the horrible experience we had to endure. The rudeness of its manager Ronan was in itself enough to turn anyone off. He is a Sly little man who has to have the last word.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. You have been fairly warned.

Room Tip: STAY AWAY rooms are disgusting
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
SeaClubManagement, General Manager at Sea Club Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Those guests were asked by the management to leave the hotel, the review that is not true is the result of the guests being asked to leave! I don't think there is any sense of replying to those false accusations that are contradicting the majority of the positive reviews on our hotel and staff.
Michael Man

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Staff was nice, and Ronen Parhi is a sweetheart. He help us to get to target to get a stroller for maya. We can't thank you enough, and appreciate everything. Have a happy holiday and a New year

Thanks,
Annabelle, Snagg, Janie and Maya
God bless you.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Coulsdon. Surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just had five nights at the Sea Club Resort, a old style hotel over five floors. Most rooms open on to an outside walkway, so you need to keep your drapes closed, or be prepared to wave to other guests as they go by. All rooms, as far as we could tell have been refurbishedI. Although the public areas still wait to be done and are somewhat grubby.The lift is tempramental and the outside deck restaurant was being refurbished whilst we were there... We had a suite, which was great value, large room with comfy King bed, sofa, big TV and a kitchenette (although no glasses, cups or plates etc!) and not overlooked by passers by...
All the staff were excellent, friendly and helpful. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms and free parking at back of hotel. Beach just over the road and chairs, umberells and towels all available free of charge from front desk.
All in all, a good value hotel which we would go back to.

Room Tip: Suites are good value, spacious and not overlooked.......
summerwind11
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I always have a great stay at Sea Club Resort. The managers Ronan and Michael go out of there way to accommodate us anytime we stay. I would not think to stay anywhere else. They have done a beautiful job renovating the rooms and outer lobby. It looks wonderful. I would recommend you stay at the Sea Club Resort. You will not be disappointed. Bob from Boston

Room Tip: If you have children you can have a room by the pool. If not, you can get a suite with a private ba...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This has become my favorite place to get away and I only love and hour from here. I have stayed here 4 times now for up to 4 days and any problems I have had was corrected immediately! I would definitely recommend this hotel..

• Stayed November 2014
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Small hotel right across from a beautiful beach saying that all rooms have recently been remodeled. Believe "remodeled" meant changing the carpeting, comforter, possibly mattress and television. Although the colors depicted in their room photo are accurate, the picture is quite an exaggeration of the way it really looks. First, the rooms are very dark. The ceiling was quite dirty. Small lamps provided very little light. Clock radio did not work. Bathroom was very small with old faucets, tub, toilet. Appears they tried to update the bathroom by adding large round bulb lights, but it looked like all that did was create a possible fire hazard. There were brown spots above the bulbs on the plaster/dry wall indicating that they overheated the material used on the ceiling. Drywall on ceiling in bathroom was cracked and crumbling.
Tried breakfast at their deck restaurant. Cannot deny the view was very nice; however, the food left something to be desired. Eggs were ok, potatoes we cold and flavorless, tea and coffee were both lukewarm, at best. Sausage links had a very odd taste.
Free parking is provided (which DOES save quite a bit), but the lot is small and spots are VERY tight.
I relied upon the reviews on here and booked the room for two nights. Thankfully, it was only for two nights. Also, thankful we only paid about $100/night. If you have to pay more, look elsewhere!
One other positive: MOST of the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed for two nights beginning of November 2014.
I cannot recommend this hotel at all, the contrary is the case. First of all we had to pay a deposit $ 100 for the room during check in, so far so good, they charged my credit card. Now as I am back in Germany more than one month later, I did not get this money back even I asked for compensation several times but I did not even receive any reaction. I asked my bank for support and I hope they can manage it together with MasterCard. To me this is a fair swindle but it seems like other guests also had serious problems.
Regarding our stay I can say that this was terrible as well because currently they renovate the hotel and it was very loud in our room until 9 p.m. but the climax was that in our second night the toilet did not stop flushing and it was extremely loud too and nobody in this hotel was able to stop it. So I went to the reception and asked for another room. People were very unfriendly and you could feel that a guest who is in need of help stresses them. In addition the walls in this hotel are like paper, you can hear everything that happens in the room next to you.
I would seriously tell everybody not to visit this hotel. It was one of the most terrible hotel experiences in my life so far and I have been to many hotels because I have to travel a lot in my job during the year.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Club Resort? Share your experiences!