Do NOT stay at this hotel…
Hotel is filthy!
Hotel staff are rude.
Beds are uncomfortable.
Closet doors are broken.
Bathrooms are filthy.
I believe hotel is scheduled to be demolished and the staff do not care or respect their customers.
We arrived at this hotel late at night after a long day of travelling, there was no one to assist with our luggage, we had to take luggage up approx. 8 steps then up and elevator to the 4th floor then outside down a long corridor then back inside then back outside to a porch to finally reach our hotel room. This hotel is very old and very chopped up.
Once inside our room, we were afraid to touch anything. It was dirty so much so we did not even shower during our stay as the tub had hair and stains in it. The toilet seat had pubic hair on it. We received no hotel service what so ever during our stay, no clean towels. No maid service.
After being out all day we returned to discover our room key would not give us access to our room. Maintenance had to be called to unlock our room. We were then advised that our room lock battery was dead and it could not be changed until the morning, so we had to stay inside our room, or we would be locked out and would have to go through the whole process again to gain access. We were told we would have to see the manager in the morning.
For our trouble we were given a free bagel and coffee.
Upon check out I was privileged to meet the hotel manager the rudest individual I have ever met. He would not do anything for us. He would not right the hotels wrongs.
Simply this hotel is grabbing the last few pennies it can before it is torn down. I was told my room was renovated when I called to confirm my reservation, and it was a suite with a mini kitchen, however there was no dishes no cutlery nothing to put food on or eat with.
There is nothing this hotel can say or excuses it can make for the shady service we received and the horrible experience we had to endure. The rudeness of its manager Ronan was in itself enough to turn anyone off. He is a Sly little man who has to have the last word.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. You have been fairly warned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SEA CLUB RESORT, a true Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, directly across from the Atlantic Ocean. Relaxed and affordable, where our guests enjoy the oceanfront Deck Restaurant & Bar or a light meal and a drink poolside, as the ocean does its magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Sea Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Club Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sea Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sea Fort Lauderdale