I booked this hotel simply for a one night stay in order to attend the Tortuga Music Festival. Expected very little when booking, low expectations were not met. Parking lot for hotel guests behind the hotel is very small, therefore, I was instructed to park my vehicle under the hotel in their "overflow parking area." Elevator smelled like feces to the point of gagging. The door to our room had a broken chain-lock which appeared to be from the door being kicked in at some point. Bed had hair entangled in sheets. Walls in our room were patched from holes being punched into them and then not painted over. Carpets dirty (socks stained on bottom from walking on it). Did not shower during stay since cockroach was found in corner of tub. Thankfully the hotel is across the street from the ocean so we could bathe there. Appeared to be dried blood stains on baseboard near inner bed. Group of drunken individuals (did not appear to be hotel guests) loitering in stairwell to our second floor at night. Upon checkout I came to find that my vehicle was boxed in and we could not leave. The owner of the vehicle that was blocking us was not in their room so our only option was to attempt to squeeze by causing damage to my front bumper from scraping against the coral curb (even though the hotel employee was keeping an eye on the front end of my vehicle and kept waiving me forward). Also, they charge you for the safe in your room whether you wish to use it or not (I've never heard of this before at any hotel). My advice to you would be to spend the extra money and stay at any of the much nicer hotels located on the beach within a mile from this hotel. This hotel should be closed down immediately.
Pros: Proximity to the beach, clean pool, free parking, convenient shop in lobby for necessities.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Club Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sea Club Hotel
- Sea Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Sea Club
- Sea Fort Lauderdale
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the SEA CLUB RESORT, a true Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel, directly across from the Atlantic Ocean. Relaxed and affordable, where our guests enjoy the oceanfront Deck Restaurant & Bar or a light meal and a drink poolside, as the ocean does its magic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Amex, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, EasyToBook, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Sea Club Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.