“Very unhelpful” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Sea Club Resort to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Booking.com
Sea Club Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   619 Ft. Lauderdale Beach Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304   |
Ranked #82 of 132 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Toms River, New Jersey
“Very unhelpful”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

For the price it wasn't terrible. But the girls at the front desk are not helpful what so ever. We asked them to call a taxi and the informed us they don't do that. Then when we asked me the number it was blurred very quickly. There is a sign on the store saying ask front desk. When I mentioned this to the one girl she laughed and said I know. So overall, if you are going for the room and location go for it. If you are expecting any help you need to go elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2013

783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
Shelby Township, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We checked in and checked out. This was the most disguisting place I have ever been,. The staff was rude, and the room smelled musty, the carpet was not something I even would walk on. The beds, stained sheets nasty. Would never sleep on them. As soon as we saw the room we left and requested a refund, they refused even contacted the site we booked from and they called the hotel but they would not budge. The paint was peeling off the walls, electrical outlets hanging from the wall with extension cords run to the outlets. I will be contacting the health dept and the city inspector on this, how this place is allowed to stay open is beyond me. Other guest were checking out as fast as they checked in as well. This establishment is making alot of money by ripping people off. Stay away.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Binghamton, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This was our second stay at the Sea Club Resort and we were again very pleased. The price for a hotel on the beach can't be beat, especially in January. The size of the rooms and the charm of the decor have made our stays so enjoyable. The staff were very accommodating and friendly-kudos to Laurelei and Danielle for their great service and assistance. Thank you again to the hotel manager, Ronen, for all he did for us during our stay, we will be back!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Lowell, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel and was very disappointed at the condition of the entire building, lobby, hallways, elevators, and especially the room. They upgraded me to the 6th floor "suite" which was incredibly run down with peeling paint, stained carpets, filthy curtains, and a moldy ceiling. In one night, my toilet and shower drain clogged, and a large roach was crawling up the wall. (which disgustingly enough I killed with my shoe, gross!) They did fix the toilet/drain situation, although the next day the toilet just kept running, actually gushing with water. What a fiasco! The roach alone skeeved me out so bad I had to check out the next day.There is no security at this place and the back door access to the parking lot is not locked. The carpets in the hallways are so worn out and filthy and smell moldy. I cannot imagine how this hotel would pass a board-of-health inspection. It may have once been a nice place but at this point it is very run down with no updates. Spend a little extra money on your vacation and stay at the Bahia Mar up the street! You really do get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel. Spend a little extra $$ on your vacation and stay at the Bahia Mar up t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Markham, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Disclaimer: I am a father of a family of 4, 40+ years old.
Consider my review relative to my age, family status and corresponding expectations.

Basically, if you are below 25, came to Ft Lauderdale to have some fun (YOLO type) and usually get to hotel bed in a state when you can barely hold yourself on your feet (because you're so drunk), or you are glad to have a bed (any bed) in a first place, or glad to share it with someone you just met on a beach :), I can see this hotel can score quite high considering the list of priorities at that age, that place (Florida/beach) and state of mind.
So, if you are from that category, consider this a 5 star review! :)

For me - it is 2 stars, barely (should've been 1, but gets 1 extra for NOT giving me bedbugs as I suspected).

I stayed there with a family to spend a night before my flight back home.

Our acquaintance started with staying several hours in a lobby listening to a rude receptionist who refused to place our luggage in storage before official check-in at 3pm (hence we had to sit in a lobby instead of having a walk along the beach), whining about her job and a collegue who let her down.

Then we got to our room. That was a shabby and pathetic place with peeling paint, worn out furtuniture, TV set from past century, sun shining through the holes in curtains, door and lock which looked like they were kicked down at least four times.

Carpet - oh my God! My kids refused to take shoes off to walk on the carpet. It had a rich history of this room written all over it (I won't even try to describe those stains)..

Although the bedlinen was clean, but with all those surroundings we couldn't help but become suspicious of bedbugs (truth to be told and luckily it didn't happen.. phew!).

The room corridor had some strange back doors and stinking passages allowing any stranger from the street to reach hotel floors.

Basically, my thoughts after visiting this "resort" were that the best thing that can happen with this place is to save the live parrot and a few "piratey" artifacts form the lobby (as kitschy as they are), demolish it, then build something decent on its place and resettle the parrot and saved artifacts into the new lobby just to maintain some kind of colourful identity (I don't mind a parrot and a sea-pirate theme).

That's it. Use either at your own risk or your own leisure.

Happy Holidays in Ft Lauderdale!!! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful vacation at the Sea Club. As you all know lying on the Beach in the middle of the winter involves high cost accommodation, but for sure that is not the case at the Sea Club! My wife and I were searching for a budget hotel that is on the Ocean, a mission impossible nowadays because in Fort Lauderdale all the prime land is occupied by luxury resorts which are asking for unreasonable rates. There is no justification to leave your money in those hotels when all you do is sleep in them! The real attraction is the beach and the beach belongs to the public and not to the expensive hotels.

We had 14 days of good times at the Sea Club. It is true that the hotel is old, but it has its own charm, it has the architectural design of the 50th , with antique furniture in the public areas , it is nice and clean, the staff is very friendly and will get out of their way to make your stay comfortable.

The Deck, an out-door restaurant in the hotel, is situated opposite the Ocean and gives you the feeling as if you are sitting on a ship’s deck. Their food (Continental style) is very reasonable and fresh! The hotel’s bar is one of the hottest social spots on the beach, you can meet locals and tourists in that bar all day long.

We enjoyed the free beach-chairs and towels that the hotel gave us every day. Also, parking and Wi-Fi were free, and yes they charged us $2.00 a day for the in-room safe, but who cares about those few dollars if you get safety and peace of mind while you are vacationing.

We would like to use this opportunity to thank all the staff & management of the Sea Club for the enjoyable vacation we had with them, we will be back soon in March (Passover vacation) with many of our friends.

Thanks,

Sima & Acher

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This place has nothing going for it bar location.it's dog rough the carpets stink and there is awful smell of dampness.my wife and I stayed there one night and looked for refund after seeing room it was brutal.we got upgraded it was slight improvement.i am a farmer from Ireland and I wouldn't house my cattle there.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Sea Club Resort? Share your experiences!