The Ocean Sky is a $35 cab from the airport. Was going to take the go airport shuttle but couldn't find them outside our gate (flew with air canada). The hotel is right on the beach. Arrived at 1pm and was able to get into a room. Walked down the street for about 10 minutes and ate at burgerfi, very good burgers. Enjoyed the beach for the afternoon, the sun goes behind the buildings at around 3 so there is no sun after this. Saw an osprey kill and eat a seagull on the beach. Was nice that a computer with internet is available in the lobby for free but they were always occuplied. There are some stores down the street where you can get souvenirs at great prices. Also near by was mcdonlad's, grocery store, pizza outlet and liquior store. The hotel is a little dated, can really notice it in the hallways. Room at a king size bed, flat screen tv, fridge, microwave and safe. The bathroom shower was a little gross and walls are thin. Room has a balcony with a partial view of the water (room 301). I'd give this place a 3 star rating but the service a 2 star. It seemed the staff were always hiding in back rooms.....I got towels from the beach and had to wait for someone to show up. I went to the front desk a couple of times and had to wait again even though I could see/hear 3 of them in the room behind. The next morning at 11 it was nuts trying to check out, I suspect there was a group going on the cruise ships.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on the beach, Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort is perfectly situated minutes away from major attractions, restaurants and shopping. Newly renovated rooms are equipped with mini-refrigerators, microwaves, hair-dryers, in room safes, dataports and coffee-makers. All standard rooms have a side-oceanview, open air balcony. Oceanfront view, 1 bedroom suites are also available. Our large pool deck features an oversized jacuzzi, heated pool, tiki bar, watersports and cabanas. The resort also has an indoor/outdoor restaurant, fitness center, gift shop, nightclub and lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Ocean Sky Hotel & Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Sky Hotel And Resort
- Ocean Sky Resort
- Ocean Sky Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Ramada