“Great asset to Ft Lauderdale beach” 4 of 5 stars

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308   |
Ranked #54 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great asset to Ft Lauderdale beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2005

To all travel seekers,

Much to my surprise I stumbed on this remodeled resort on the Gult Ocean mile. The Ocean Manor was a relaxing, accomadating breath of fresh air.During my stay it was apparent that renovations were under way. Not a problem the staff and service were more than accomodating. The area is great for tourist attractions, and the room I stayed in was newly finished with ceramic floors and comfortable settings. I was eagear to get to the beach after a good night sleep. This was a needed getaway from a stressful work enviroment. This was also a great relaxation area away from the chilly Michigan air.
Thanks to all services.

• Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2005

The hotel has been newly remodeled and it look great. The staff was very friendly when we checked in and we were given a room very promply. Our room was very nice and it was also clean. The beach was our favorite place and it was beautiful. The food tased very good. We didn't have any problems and we had a great trip. I would stay at this hotel again and would highly reccomend others to stayt there as well.

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2005

I had a room booked at the Ocean Manor for my Honeymoon. When i walked into the Lobby there was a very young man behind the counter who was rude and very unprofessional. He told us are room, gave us the key and off we went. Needless to say when we arrived at the room the old fashioned key did not work so back down to they lobby i went to get the proper electronic key. When we entered the room my first thought was this isn't so bad until i really started looking around. The bathroom was gross the towels were dirty and the sink was leaking. The window treatments were missing so many blinds it was like nothing was even on the windows. Then I went into the little kitchen area...as I opened the microwave roaches were infested inside. I then decided to open one of the drawers and again it was infested with roaches. That was enough for me! I grabbed my luggage and was out of there! We drove down the street and stayed at the Best Western its new and beautiful and well worth the extra money.
Do not stay at this place. I can't beleive the health department hasn't closed it down.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

Please, check out other places to stay, the ONLY thing that made this place half way decent was the location. The location is quite nice. The service is awful, the towels are like sandpaper and the pictures of the room are NOT what they truly are. Save yourself some frustration unless you don't care about where you are staying.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2005

We don't recomend this hotel since the service was not good at all. In other words, there was no service, not even maintance, housekeeping, you have to beg for a clean towel, to get fixed the shower, among other things.
This hotel needs and inspection right away by any sort of organization that protects clients rights.
Really bad experience!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2005

What a wonderful place, the Ocean Manor Resort Hotel!!
My boyfriend and I decided to take a quick trip to Florida. I searched for hotels online, not having been to Ft. Lauderdale since college. I came across the Ocean Manor Resort and the amenities were EXACTLY what we were looking for. We like the fact that it had it's own restaurant, lunch stand, tiki bar and was located right on the beach: EVERYTHING we were looking for. We both just needed a get-a-way to chill out for a few days from our busy lives here in Maryland.

Upon arriving, we were treated well right from the start. Our room wasn't quite ready, so the office staff allowed us to change our clothes in the restroom and keep our luggage in their office. We then headed to the lunch stand for some lunch as it was almost 1PM. The waiters at the stand were awesome. They were happy and courteous and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The food was very good, too. We then went only a few steps to the beach, which was also very nice for us. My boyfriend loved the Tiki bar and the bartenders were ALL super nice to us.

When we got into our room, it was also VERY nice. It was perfect for the 2 of us. We had our own little kitchen, which looked as if it had just been remodeled. The room was wonderful.

We left on Easter evening, and I was extremely impressed by the owner who had organized a little Egg Hunt for the children. The kids all looked so excited. They had a blast and we had fun watching them.

We really had a wonderful time and wished we could have stayed longer.
HATS OFF to everyone that has made this resort a fun and enjoyable place to stay!!
Cathy van Norden
Henk ten Hoope

• Stayed March 2005
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2005

I guess my husband did not read the reveiws, we also had MANY problems checking in - they did not have our reservation and we were not given the room we had been advertised BUT the slightly obnoxious staff can have a sense of humor when you are patient. they did give us an ocean view standard room instead of the efficiency - however the windows do not open and the air conditioner for the WHOLE place went out. I was surprised that the staff did nto convey this to the customers, but I had to complain first and then I was not given an apology or any sort of remedy. BUT the gracious girl at the fornt desk did give up her own box fan so that my four yong children could have air. The "towel guy/beach chair guy" was very nice, if not well paid by my husband. The beachside cafe is wonderfully serviced in the morning - overworked at lunch - I waited an hour for a pizza that my waiter argued about with the cook in front of me. The beach and pool are great - don't expect a towel, but I always bring my own. The manager on site was very nice and availalbe. The other management seemed always around but not so available. The communication between management and staff and especially guests seemed nonexistent. The cosmetic renovations were nice in the room - the bathrooms need serious updating and cleaning, though, and there are no amenities available in the bathrooms such as hair dryers, iron, or even shampoo. I bring my own anyway, but as an advertised "resort" one would expect this. I also had a HUGE problem with being double charged for this room and I was expected to supply the hotel with proof of my payment when they had it faxed to them at check in. The staff is sarcastically courteous. I would highly caution anyone considering the "deal" you may get here.

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Ocean Manor Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!