“Awesome location and great service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308   |
Ranked #53 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Awesome location and great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I made the reservation because of the excellent rates, but I will go back because of the even better location and exceptional service provided by the Manor. The first thing that set the experience apart from other hotel stays is that the manager on duty greeted me and offered his cell phone number should I need anything during my stay. That's never happened to me before. Now I realize that he was just confident in the quality of the staff and amenities. I was never tempted to call even once.

The location is right on the beach and offers a very nice tiki bar with a great nightlife. My room was very large and clean with floor to ceiling sliding glass doors (my favorite part). Slept great and never heard anything other than the waves on the beach. It couldn't have been a nicer trip.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I travel a great deal, on business and with family for vacations. I searched through friends and business associates and found that the Ocean Side Resort is a great place to reccommend to others travelling in Florida that met my overall vacation needs. I was so comfortable that I extended my one week stay into two weeks. I love the fact that I had a place to store my food and cook so that I could save from the expense of eating out every night. I would support exceeding the resorts rating by adding another star.

• Stayed November 2014
Hyannis, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I love the room rates, and what you get for the money is pure luxury. The lobby is gorgeous. The Tiki bar has the ambiance, and great food. Happy hours almost every day. Great Staff, and the managers and owner are always around to help you with anything. It's surrounded by great restaurants, beaches and clubs, stores, Karaoke, A Blues and Jazz bar and minutes from Los Alas. I love the place, and come here all the Time.

AS: Massachusetts

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

My third year in a row staying here, and what a difference a year makes. Every year the hotel gets better and better. The ownership has steadily renovated the rooms and it shows. The staff and management are very active in making sure that your stay is a positive one. The hotel is set right on the beach, it has an excellent tiki bar steps from the sand. The bar (bamboo) has a very good staff, plenty of tv's and a view that will thrill you. My friends and I are huge buffalo wing eaters and they have a great selection, try the lemon pepper or Jamaican jerk, very good. We rented a 2BR suite facing the ocean that sported a triple balcony, suite had 2 bathrooms and a full kitchen, room was recently renovated and clean. Within a few blocks of the hotel, you have a dunkin donuts, pizza shops, cvs, a publix supermarket and many other little shops. Also, a bus stop right out front if you would like to explore a little more. But the best part is that you can just enjoy the resort as is. Special thanks to Frank and Mike for making sure our stay was a great one and looking forward to next year.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Westerly, Rhode Island
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

As a frequent traveler for many years, this hotel is the living worst. it is truly a 2 star motel , and only because it's on the beach. Quintessential motel of the early 90's.
The rooms were filthy. The website completely misrepresents the hotel. The rooms look nothing like the photos. I think they yanked them from a Hilton site.

A luxury spa hotel, it is not! As it claims to be. The live-in owner, Frank, slips in and out as to not have to address his slummy hotel.
Paid parking I accept, but be prepared to pay a $15 a day resort fee, what a joke, what resort? You will also have to pay for a chair on the beach, some resort. Several guests we bumped into, all were appalled at this hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay ask for a suite. The normal rooms are horrible
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It's an older hotel in the northern section Fort Lauderdale. The unit we stayed in was recently remodeled. Very clean, very nice and comfortable. It is a mixed condo/hotel type building. I never stayed in this type of hotel. Valet service was excellent. The guys were fast and courteous. The hotel location was excellent. Everything was close by, restaurants, shops and etc. Las Olas boulevard and Ft. Lauderdale beach park was less then 15 mins. away by car.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, IL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is not a purpose built hotel. It's a mixed condo/hotel building full of owned, rented, and hotel'ed units that's pretty old. As such there's probably going to be a deal of variance in rooms and amenities, and services might not be as consistent as you would expect from a purpose built, purely hotel business. Just keep that in mind and set your expectations accordingly.

We experienced a pretty easy check in, a clean room, and good service the whole time we were here. Maid service was good as well, and sheets and towels were replaced daily. The location is great, the beach is nice, the pool is nice. Our room/unit had probably been remodeled 10-15 years ago so I'd say it was in pretty nice shape. The bathroom was fine, shower was fine, and the little kitchen was nice as well. Again, not brand new but not terrible either.

Valet service was fine. The guys were generally quick and in a good mood, we liked them a lot.

We ate at Tokyo Blue, which we thought was excellent, and at the beach bar which was also good.

Anyway, truly not a bad place and I'd say a good value. I'm sure it depends on what unit you end up renting and how recently that unit has been updated but from my perspective it was a fine stay.

They do offer a substantial discount at the hotel restaurants if you give a good review and can prove that you did. This is NOT one of those reviews FWIW.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Manor Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!