“Hotel property and grounds are beautiful, room was awful.” 3 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Manor Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308   |
Ranked #36 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Hotel property and grounds are beautiful, room was awful.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

When we pulled up to the hotel we were excited. It was on the beach and very pretty outside, in the lobby, and in the restaurant and club. But it ended there. The room we had was extremely small, no towels, wires hanging out of the walls and no pictures or anything on the walls. It also looked like a third grader painted the room. We brought our little 8lb dog with us so maybe the rooms for guests with pets are different then those without. But ours was terrible. The staff was friendly.

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Peyton, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

DO NOT waste your money!!!! It was a nightmare. The room was disgusting, it stunk, the bed was broken and a board had been nailed to it to try and fix it. It was dirty the out side door did not lock it had been broken into and they had jimmy'd it, the bathroom door did not close, there was no hair dryer, the toliet paper holder was broken, there was burn holes in the bed spread, there was (x#?) on the bed spread, there were no pictures and there were bad places in the walls, the bathtub was disgusting(I wouldn't even take a shower), the lamp shades did not fit, there was no towel racks, the paint job was a disaster, the TV was a dinosaur and no service, need I say more?!!! I did not sleep all night, I cried!! We had to stay one night b/c it was so late.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I recommend this hotel for the friendly, helpful staff, large rooms, fantastic sushi restauraunt and lounge, fun and lively tiki bar and of course gorgeous beach. We had a two bedroom suite that was larger than many condos I've lived in. It was one of the rooms that hasn't been renovated yet, but was still lovely and clean..... and did I meniton huge. This hotel is an excellent value for the price point. I will be back!

Room Tip: I had my nails done at the salon which was defintley a family affair. Not fancy but sweet and they...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

In my 50+ years of life, I have never come across such a sleazy business as Ocean Manor Resort Hotel, where I had the misfortune to stay in August, 2012. As if the sorry physical state of the hotel and the nonexistent housekeeping service were not bad enough, this place tried to scam me by charging my credit card for an extra night's stay. Though I had a checkout receipt that proved when I checked out, the hotel told me and Discover Card that I had never checked out. I disputed the overcharge of $87.19 to Discover Card, which of course sided with me and gave me a credit--and did a chargeback to the hotel. The hotel was so lacking in remorse that I reported the incident to the Better Business Bureau of South Florida and to the Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services (which oversees hotels). When the hotel's manager responded to my Consumer Services complaint, he said they'd found some of my belongings in the room on the afternoon of the day when I'd already checked out (with all my belongings) in the morning. Three months after my stay, and after Discover Card's "arbitration period" has expired, Ocean Manor again charged my Discover Card for $87.19. They have played the system and taken $87.19 from Discover Card, which of course credited me the money back without question. DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT STAYING AT THIS HOTEL! And if you need more convincing, search You Tube for an episode of the reality TV show "Hotels Impossible" featuring Ocean Manor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Toronto
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel was horrible. I had booked a standard city view for 7nts for me, my husband and my 1 year old son. The room was disgusting. It was dirty and there was rust every where. When we woke up in the morning after a terrible sleep cause the air condition was making a terrible noise throughout the night, there was a puddle of water on my floor due to the air condition leaking. I was shocked!!! It was 8am that I discovered the water. And this point I had gone to go get some towels to dry up the puddle and that's when I noticed we had no body size towels. I called front desk and they told me house keeping doesn't open till 9am so there is nothing he can do for me until then. I had told front desk I have a 1 year old in the room And I can't take him off the bed unless he gets me something to clean up the water. He said I have to wait till 9am. I asked to speak to his manager and the front desk guy said he won't be in until tomorrow night. I asked "so who is in charge? He said me. I told him he was doing a terrible job." So while I was waiting for the time to hit 9am I called expedia and told them my situation, they right away gave me a refund and booked me in the hotel next door at ocean sky which is so much better!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A Great beachfront location complete with pool, tiki bar and firepit. The rooms however are widely variable, you MUST INSIST on a "Signature" room, this is one of the newly renovated rooms. We originally booked an oceanfront suite with a kitchenette which was less than satisfactory, For example the kingsized pillow top mattress was turned upside down with spring side up, needless to say resulted in a sleepless night, we tried to turn the mattress over only to find a soiled/stained pillowtop mattress. We then requested a room change to one of the "signature" rooms, the front desk was very accommodating with the request and thus far we are very happy with the newly renovated oceanview room. Additionally, the front desk has been very responsive to our various requests for a roll away bed, extra pillows, more towels, etc. Our stay is still in progress so stay tuned for additional updates and feedback.....

Room Tip: You must insist on a "signature" newly renovated room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

WE stayed at this infested hotel for a Pats/Dolphins game, and my husband left with bed bug bites all over his body. It took 2 weeks for the bites to go away. I called the hotel to see if I could get our money back and they told us because we booked through Hotels.Com there is nothing they could do, but offered us a few nights complimentary..ARE YOU SERIOUS????

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple