“In progress......stay tuned!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #82 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, United States
“In progress......stay tuned!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

A Great beachfront location complete with pool, tiki bar and firepit. The rooms however are widely variable, you MUST INSIST on a "Signature" room, this is one of the newly renovated rooms. We originally booked an oceanfront suite with a kitchenette which was less than satisfactory, For example the kingsized pillow top mattress was turned upside down with spring side up, needless to say resulted in a sleepless night, we tried to turn the mattress over only to find a soiled/stained pillowtop mattress. We then requested a room change to one of the "signature" rooms, the front desk was very accommodating with the request and thus far we are very happy with the newly renovated oceanview room. Additionally, the front desk has been very responsive to our various requests for a roll away bed, extra pillows, more towels, etc. Our stay is still in progress so stay tuned for additional updates and feedback.....

Room Tip: You must insist on a "signature" newly renovated room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

958 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

WE stayed at this infested hotel for a Pats/Dolphins game, and my husband left with bed bug bites all over his body. It took 2 weeks for the bites to go away. I called the hotel to see if I could get our money back and they told us because we booked through Hotels.Com there is nothing they could do, but offered us a few nights complimentary..ARE YOU SERIOUS????

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Turner Valey, Alberta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed there 2 nights. The first room they gave us had blinds on the window that were broken and therefore no privacy. The second room they gave us was decent. It was clean. The taps on the tub were not in great condition but still worked. The walls are thin and all the doors look like they have seen better days. You have to slam the door to make sure it closes, so you hear doors slamming at all hours. We got the room for free but I did hear one patron at 1:30 AM complaining about people slamming doors in the wee hours. I completely understand why he was upset & he was complaining about paying $140 a night to stay there. If you have a low budget and can sleep through anything then this is the place for you. The beach is beautiful. I understand they are under renovations so if they bring the rooms up to date then I would for sure recommend this place.

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed two nights (Pre-paid) pre-cruise/post-cruise 11/24/12 and 12/1/12 at this resort? Sorry to inform you, I got CHEATED not only in the price for the stay, but also the charge of a “resort fee” what a joke.

The first night I stayed there, there was no hot running water, doors were old and unlockable. Oh but wait, I couldn’t get a hold of anyone because the phone that was in the room is a non-working phone and it seems the front desk personnel was in Tokyo Blue? Door was so unsecure that we barely got to sleep. The night club/restaurant in the place just invites “local drinkers” who can’t handle themselves.

The second night we stayed there, door was opened before we even used our room keycard, the sliding doors to the balcony was open as well. The TV did not have a remote to it, which did not allow us to turn off/on, lower or raise the volume from our bed. Oh speaking of the bed, could it have been fastened to the headboard at least so we did not have to lose our pillow during our sleep? Oh wait this is a resort? I am a timeshare owner and I know what a resort is. THIS WAS AND IS NOT!

I am and was extremely disappointed! Needless to say, I will be posting unsatisfactory reviews anywhere and everywhere I can. AND I WILL NEVER STAY AGAIN NOR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE.

Room Tip: Motel 6 would be better than this place.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Weeks ago I booked an oceanfront, remodeled room. At the time of the reservation, I told them I needed two beds because my teenage son would be staying. When we arrived on Saturday afternoon, I learned the room they assigned me had only one bed so we had to be moved. After being shown about five different rooms, none of which met my original requests of oceanfront with a balcony, I finally picked the lesser of the evils. Mike, the manager, told me the one-bedroom room I chose was an "upgrade" from my original reservation. I've traveled to much less developed countries and never stayed in such horrible conditions. To quote a previous reviewer, the hallways are something out of a horror movie with torn, dirty carpets, and garbage everywhere, including in the elevator. The furniture looks like it hasn't been replaced since the hotel was built in 1958. The tv's are beyond old. My son was watching a movie and the sound just stopped working. I was afraid to eat anything from the dishes and glasses in the cupboards. Both my son and I came home with bug bites. Mine on my neck and his on his shoulder. Management should have paid us for putting up with such awful conditions !! I've never woken up with such a spectacular view of the ocean and wanted to get out, but we couldn't get out of that room fast enough.

On the other hand, a friend took me to Tokoyo Blue for dinner. The food and service were exceptional. The tiki bar is a lot of fun, and the location of the bar/pool is spectacular. Oh, except that the towel guy was gone by 4pm on a Saturday afternoon, so there were no pool towels. Thankfully, I had brought some from home.The best part of this hotel is its staff, Aryn, Enza, and Mary are wonderful. Joesph, the concierge, is a total gem for whom nothing is too much trouble. Mike the manager is a nice guy, but completely out of touch with reality regarding the unrenovated rooms. They need to be condemned. My advice is, to not stay at this hotel unless you are guaranteed a renovated room and do not pay until you physically see the room you are going to be staying in!

Room Tip: Oceanfront, renovated rooms are the best. Do NOT stay in a room that hasn't been renovated.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Harrisburg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and could not have had a better time. The staff is exceptional from the desk to the poolside bar. It has a great pool and the ocean at your feet. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We will positively stay here again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms offer a great view
Lima, Peru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

It's remodeling right now. I was only one night there, We went to the pub at the pool that night, pleasant environment, cheap beers ($4), nice companion, etc. The next day headed to the beach, very nice. The problem was that our rooms were in the remodelation zone, we had two old rooms, and by their side they were finishing a new remodeled room. The difference was huge. That's why we moved the next day to a different hotel.

Room Tip: Get a new remodeled room.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Ocean Manor Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!