“Book a privately owned condo!” 4 of 5 stars

You added Ocean Manor Resort Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Manor Resort Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4040 Galt Ocean Drive, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308   |
Ranked #42 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Book a privately owned condo!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

We booked a condo and when I got the address I was really worried because I saw the reviews. Since we were in a condo that happened to be in the same building as the hotel but not related to the hotel, we ended up doing the right thing. Our room was very clean, smelled nice, no bugs. We did have to take garbage to a garbage room which was absolutely disgusting. No wonder it's rumored this place has roaches. We ordered a variety of foods and everything was excellent. We ordered frozen drinks several times but they weren't very consistent. Prices were different and a mudslide would be made with ice-cream and chocolate one time and then nothing fancy or even very good the next. We did get to watch sea turtles hatch on the beach which was excellent. My advise is do your research and book a privately owned condo there. We were in 319 and the owner was great.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

The resort fees, parking fees and local call charges made the price quoted imcrease.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

This place is a joke. It was listed as a resort and looked pretty darn good on the photos. Just remember looks can be deceiving for sure. Let's start with what was good. The outside pool/ocean area was fairly nice except for the nasty white lounge chair. Cushions that had dark gray/black stains. I've nothing more in the good category
Now for the bad. Reception area was curt and rude. It should have been tip off when another guess was complaining about their lack of water in the room and the door not locking. Well, our room was a dog too....and I think it had fleas at the best. The door appeared to have been broken and glued back together, tub was grossly stained, room safe was detached and sitting on the floor. Well that was enough. Neither my friend or I could imagine actually sleeping there, so we left and found a great hotel on price line. Let's me highly recommend the "B". It was worth the move.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Parker, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed for 10 days, and it was great. Not yet a four star resort but a great place to stay. It's so nice to be able to go out back and have the pool, Tiki bar, and ocean right there. It is a very active resort with many fun and famous people all around. Fun crowds hot bars, 3 resturants. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and midnight snacks are always available. Many locals frequent the largest tiki in Fort Lauderdale. It was fun for the kids, who could run from ocean to pool. Not any formal activities for kids but plenty to do in the area. 4 ml.s No. of Fort Lauderdale beach, shopping, fishing and many resturants to pick from. Bus , cab, or car. The cost of having a car there can be high $15-$20 per day depending on the mood of the valet. There where sea turtles hatcing along the beach, and the family saw some one early morning. The Beach has a private area you can rent table chairs and an umbrella for $20 per day. This was a necessity for us, but we came for the beach. There is a gift store, nail and hair salon, coffee/snack bar, and realastate agency on site. Some days the maid service was not great. Towels replaced some days. Toliet paper out some days, I made a trip to the front desk, and they gave me some to take to the room. (I prefer the maid leave it.) Mcdonalds, Dunkin Donuts, groceries, shopping, banks, and pharmacy all with in walking distance. Our unit (Suite) had a full kitchen, two queen beds, two couches,a love seat, two lg. (approx. 40 ") flat screen tv's w/ cable. We really over all had a great time.
When we arrived we rented a mini van and drove to the Everglades which is very close by. Then to the resort and thankfully returned the car the next day. We made a few trips around town by bus. (3 adults, 3 children $5 ea. way) Which was fine, you have to pick up a bus schedule and then you know the times it runs. We also did a fishing trip called Drift fishing, $25 per person. out on the atlantic in a lg. boat 30 people per side and we did catch some lg. fish. A few locals even enjoy it trying for some fresh fish for dinner. We were flexible on our travel dates and able to fly back two days latter for a savings of over $600 half of which went to two additional nights at our hotel. We took a shuttle back to the airport at approx. $10 per person and was arrainged by my friends at the valet. It goes by so fast take lots of photos.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Kissimmee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We were assigned this hotel on a package purchase with a Bahama Cruise. This was a very bad experience. The furniture was broker (almost every piece), the phone in the room didn't work, the mattress was like a marshmellow and I had to tie myself down to keep from rolling into the middle. But the worst were the actual cockroaches we saw walking across the dresser. After our first night, we went to management and requested another room, with much difficulty they moved us, it was slightly better but the room had not been upgraded since the 70's.

Room Tip: Ask to see your room before you sign the papers.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel was the first leg of a "timeshare" vacation through Vacation Village. I truly think this awful hotel was part of the ploy to remind me how awful hotels can be if you haven't seen them before and how I should spend $38000 on a tiny timeshare that would offer me the 'SECURITY of CERTAINTY'! This annoys me and insults my intelligence. Needless to say...since they decided to put me up in a dump...I did NOT buy a timeshare...and neither did the 3 other self supporting career minded women who were in my party.... THEIR LOSS!!!

So...about the hotel...

At check in I was informed that they "didn't have my reservation"...which the wonderful - and I use the term loosely - "Florida Welcome Center" had just confirmed on my visit to the CRAPPY Ramada on the other side of Ft. Lauderdale, which is where I had to go before I went to this dump. So, since they didn't have the reservation, they gave 4 people - grown people - a room with 1 double bed and a convertible sofa...not a hide a bed, but a broken convertible sofa. The room was clean on first inspection - but it and the entire hotel have a musty smell...sometimes it seems like the OLD cooking grease from the "TIKI BAR"...and sometimes it might be the MOLD that is on EVERY SURFACE! I was promised that the next morning - after 11am - I would get a new room with 2 beds. That's true...it happened...but that room is dirty, with crumbling walls, ceiling, baseboards, etc. Exposed wiring is all over this hotel...do not bring your children! You can do better! Be prepared...save your money...its not worth it! Homeless people are doing better!!!!

FYI...I am typing this from the lobby of the hotel...at the front counter, where the ONLY computer available to guests is located.

Also, I've never been in a hotel with so many DOGS in the lobby! It was unbelievable. I think there are RESIDENTS that actually live in this dump...and most might have been theirs...but I wasn't asking. Too scared I'd get bitten.

POSITIVE...it's near the ocean.

What more can I say...? Please...read the reviews...there is reason why there are so MANY!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

If you and your family are looking for a foul-smelling, old, neglected hotel with rude employmees and rooms that look like they were last updated in the 70's, then this is it.

Ocean Manure resort is designed to look like a trash dump, for fun for the entire family. Kids will enjoy only 25 TV Channels, and parents will love the horrible room service. You'll only have to wait 2 hours for towels! Cramped elevators and lovely half-finished hallways await you!

• Stayed July 2011

Been to Ocean Manor Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!