“Excellent Indian food at a great price” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bombay Cafe
3060 N Andrews Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311 (Wilton Manors)
(954) 568-0600
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Wilton Manors
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
“Excellent Indian food at a great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I always stop here to eat my super spicy Indian curry lamb. The quality is consistently good and the papadum is outstanding. Price is under $20 per person for dinner. I highly recommend this place if you are into Indian food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

SFLA
“Delicious and Affordable Indian Cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

No matter how many times my wife and I eat at Bombay Cafe, we continue to be amazed by the value and consistency of flavor at this restaurant. Monday - Saturday, the lunch buffet is mostly vegitarian and costs about $8.95 and on Sunday, the lunch buffet costs $11.95 and includes chicken and/or goat preparations. Wednesday nights they have a dinner buffet that costs $14.95. I can't say enough about the elaboration of flavors at this restaurant. We have been to other area Indian restaurants and have found food to be either bland or just plain salty.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Boston
“So-so food and service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went here for a dinner recently, while vacationing in Florida. The food was okay. We are vegetarian, and ordered a vegetable kebab and the palak kofta - two dishes we hadn't had before. The kebab was like hand-formed paste that has been formed around a skewer that came on a bed of lettuce and cucumber (raw) on a sizzling platter. The salad was inedible (just decoration), the kebab thing was alright, but not tasty enough to finish. The palak dish was better, but just average. We also had a tandoori roti that was okay. The waiters were friendly, but stodd around watching the TV that was playing CNN the entire time, chatting with each other. I guess I can't blame them, since the restaurant was fairly empty, however it was kind of odd.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Tampa, Florida
“Great For Lunch!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

We have been eating at Bombay Cafe for three years, and the food and service is always great.
The $10.00 buffet is the best deal in town and there is always a good selection of dishes to choose from. We know all of the servers, and think they do a great job.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Portland, Oregon
“Great buffet!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been here for dinner and I was't impressed. I then came back for their lunch buffet which is just $10 a person and includes tandori chicken, naan, and a large selection of traditional Indian curries. The service is honestly so-so. No one goes out of their way to be friendly but at the same time, we are usually busy scarfing down food to care. They always refill the water as soon as it gets low which is great considering some of the food is a little spicy. Very low key and quiet. Never busy during the buffet so do not expect to have to wait for a table.

• Visited May 2012