I stayed at this hotel in March 2006 for 6 nights. On the surface, it seems like a reasonable place if you can set aside the cheap plastic feel of everything. The thing that really destroys this place is the people. The hotel is run with unveiled contempt for its guests. The airport shuttle drivers shoot glares at you after they take 45 minutes to pick you up from the airport and then add insult by directly requesting a tip while you're sill in the van. The desk clerks are mostly blunt, unfriendly, unhelpful men (although there are one or two exceptions to this rule) and the two men that seem to own the place are particularly unpleasant grumpy individuals. The contempt continues in the guestrooms where you are threatened by the large signs hanging in the bathroom (if you take one of our sandpaper-like towels, we will charge $10 to your credit card). Your obvious thieving tendencies are thankfully controlled, however, by a cord that attaches the iron to the ironing board, although it does make ironing your clothes technically impossible. I could continue on about the overall cheapness, tackiness, and grumpiness, but I think it comes down to this: if you desperately need a place to stay for a night and don't mind being an unwelcome guest then this place might be okay, but if you want a hotel that will be comfortable for a few nights you should definitely look elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Best Western, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western