We stayed at the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port twice in the last week while awaiting layovers at Fort Lauderdale International. Our first stay was March 20th and our next stay was March 27th. Although our stay was not long, the hotel served its purpose in giving us a clean and comfortable stay while waiting for our flights. Some of the hotels strengths include:
Warm complimentary breakfast, which was very helpful since we had early morning flights;
Hotel was very clean and well maintained;
Staff was friendly and helpful;
We did not use the pool but it looked like a nice area with lawn chairs around it and a good size;
Free Wi/Fi that was fast and easy to use - no passwords required;
Despite being next to a busy street, the hotel was quiet and they lock the main door at night and buzz people into the lobby.
Hotel offers a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport. You just need to call them upon arrival and they will pick you up and schedule you a time in the morning; and
Good selection of TV channels and a new clean remote that the hotel says is easy to sanitize.
The hotel is about an 8 minute drive from the airport but it is not really close to any other Fort Lauderdale attractions that we could see. The clerk told us that the ocean is about 15 minutes away by car. We also did not see very many dining options in the area other than fast food but the hotel does arrange a shuttle to a restaurant that they advertise in the lobby. We did walk around the adjacent strip mall, which has a grocery store and some clothing shops as well as a subway, a bar & grill, and a Wendy's. There was a store called Beall's, which we found useful because it has several items that we could use for our trip (it's comparable to a Ross). The strip mall is within easy walking distance. The hotel supplies basic items like shampoo/conditioner in the room as well as toothbrushes and toothpaste, which you can pick up at the front desk in case you forgot them.
The hotel provides and excellent shuttle service. You call them when you arrive and they will pick you up even if it is late. We got in at 11:30 PM, called the hotel from baggage claim, and the driver was waiting for us when we got done. When you leave to the airport, the shuttle service runs every hour on the hour so you will have to plan accordingly depending on your flight. We left to the Caribbean on AirTran and security at the airport took 45 minutes to get through. On our way back we went through southwest and check-in and security took 15 minutes.
The complimentary breakfast provided bagels, pastries, cereal, toast, sausage, and eggs as well as juice and coffee. They start to serve at 6:00 AM. Many of the other guests we met at the breakfast were waiting for cruise ships so the hotel serves cruisers as well as people waiting for flights.
All in all, if you are cruising or flying and want a clean, comfortable, and friendly stay without many bells and whistles of larger hotels, I strongly recommend the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/ Cruise Port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two-Story Hotel, conveniently located in the heart Fort Lauderdale, minutes from Interstate 95, Convention Center and Airport. Ideally located in the heart of the Ft. Lauderdale Air and Cruise Port, the Best Western Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port provides comfortable accommodations for business and leisure travelers to the area. Each spacious, well-appointed room is fully equipped with complimentary high-speed Internet access, cable satellite television with HBO, microwave, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker and iron/ironing board. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Best Western, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western