“Great hotel at a great price” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Humble, TX
“Great hotel at a great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

We got this room for $75. It is a nice sized room with a fridge, microwave, and flat screen TV. The bathroom is nice and is good condition. The carpet was clean and the room AC worked well. The bed has a lot of pillows and was very comfortable. Our room had a king sized bed and was plenty large for the two of us. The hotel is very quiet. The hotel is only 2 floors high. It has a breakfast which is pretty good with eggs, sausage, and toasts. There is also an airport shuttle which runs every hour. You do need to call in to reserve it. The driver was very nice. They also have a shuttle to the Hyatt restaurant called Kiki's. That was nice to have that option has there are only fast food places near to the hotel. The front desk was very nice and I didn't have any problems with check in or check out. Overall, this is a good hotel for a low price.

Room Tip: I thought second floor rooms were quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

I chose to stay here because it was in a convenient location, and the price was a bargain. When I rated this hotel as average, I mean it in every sense of the word. The room was average size, with average amenities, and average breakfast. Actually the breakfast, though free, didn't even have yogurt, granola, nor fresh fruit; so maybe that was below average.
I would say that before settling on this hotel, look elsewhere... Anywhere. Unless you are looking for a hotel that is convenient to the airport, cheap, and has a bed to sleep in.
I am also adding a new rule of thumb to my list: "If the hotel is practically attached to a McDonald's, look elsewhere."

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
HIManagement84, Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 18, 2012
We are very sorry that we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one, you took the time to write and we appreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

Overall, it was good, people were friendly, but breakfast sucked. It seemed more for older people as my friends n I were the only young adults there which was fine cuz we were there to sleep only.

• Stayed April 2012
PJackkand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

After being pampered aboard the Allure of the Seas for a week it was hard to adjust to real life. Checked into the BW right from the cruise and it was a huge help into settling back into real life. Arrived at the hotel several hours before checkin and the hotel was buzzing. It seems like a local hot spot for people going and coming from the cruise port. The girl (who was alone) at the front desk was able to handle the chaos with ease and without being frazzled.

She took our bags and held them and suggested we take the free shuttle to their other hotel and have lunch at Kiki's. (See my other review, Kiki's was AWESOME!)

The hotel is next to a shopping plaza, the plaza has a laundromat incase you wanted to do laundry after your cruise. There was a grocery store, dollar store and shoe store. Very helpful to kill time while waiting to check in.

They allowed us to check in early and the room was huge. Bed was comfy and very clean.

Great place to stay before or after a cruise.

Room Tip: Call early before needing a room - a lot of cruisers use the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

We were greated by an awful smell in the lobby, we should have quit there. After check in we went to our room, YUCK! They smell was so bad. We asked to see another room. This was better. Our view of the hotel was already tainted at this point. I will not stay here again.

Room Tip: Just do not go here, if you HAVE to go to the 2nd floor
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
HIManagement84, Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
We are very sorry about your recent stay, we are presently renovating our hotel. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one, you took the time to write and we apreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel, after our renovations.
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

I had pre-paid for my stay at this hotel.
As usual practice I had to give my credit card number for Incidentals at check in. The reception area was very small.
We booked the transfer to the boat the next morning at the advice of the extremely nice desk clerk.
Our room was adequate, it smelt very heavily of room freshner which was a little over powering.
when we came out of our room the next day, it was chaos. 95% of the hotel were trying to check out. The tiny reception area had now become a breakfast area too!! People were standing in the corridor and just blocking the whole exit. The guy told us we would not get on the bus so we asked for a refund on checking out. The printer wa snot working so I signed for the refund but was given no paperwork.
to my dimay I was charged on my credit card for the bus fare plus the room again. That was on 24th February and to date I have not received a refund, even though Best Western have said they will now on 3 occasions.
the staff here are really good but the pressure on them at check out is huge. People are not prepared to wait in line, there is pushing and shoving and chaos reigns. The hair dryer in my room did not work. I told the desk clerk who thanked me for reporting it but did not write it down so I guess did nothing!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
HIManagement84, Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
We are very sorry that you did not feel you received the value for your stay with us. Please contact me at walter.lowenberg@luckeysmanage.com about the charges on your bill. We care very much of what impression our guests take away from their visit with us. We take the time to read every posting and take them very seriously and can assure you, that we will be reviewing them with our team so we can continually improve our hotel. Thank you for your review, even though it was not a positive one , you took the time to write and we apreciate it. We hope we are able to welcome you back in the near future and turn around your impression of our hotel. I hope to hear from you very soon.
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

My wife and I, stayed for one night. We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone.

The service was excellent. Mario very friendly and helpful. He gave us a info on driving down to the keys. I least like the smell of the hall leading up to our rooms. The location was again important and Mario made sure he gave us as much details on getting around.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port? Share your experiences!