“Decent stay before boarding cruise” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #46 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Edmonton, Canada
“Decent stay before boarding cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

We stayed at this hotel before boarding the cruise ship the next day. There was a free shuttle from the airport but the driver was terrible not telling passengers where he was going nor helping them with luggage. This is not likely the fault of the hotel but does leave a bad first impression. The woman at the front desk saw my boyfriend's military bag and gave us the military rate which was appreciated. For dinner, we went to the McDonald's next door. The next morning, we grabbed some breakfast and arranged for the shuttle to take us to the port. Everything was pretty easy and convenient. I would stay again if I were going on a cruise and was looking for a hotel for one night.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
HIManagement84, Manager at BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 15, 2011
LovingSunandSand, thank you for staying with us and for your detailed experience at our hotel. I am embarrassed by the experience and the service level that you received; let me apologize for my entire staff.

I would be very interested in hearing about your experience in more detail if you have a moment to discuss it, my email address is walter.lowenberg@luckeysmanage.com

Again my sincerest apologies and please contact me to make this experience right for you.
Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to communicating w/ you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

Our hotel stay was great - close to airport, cruiseport and shopping center for last-minute needs. Courtesy shuttle to dinner was great. Room very nice. Breakfast terrific.
Staff was very helpful. Would stay again

Van service from All Stars was wonderful - from hotel to the watertaxi, back to the hotel and then to the cruise terminal. Drivers were helpful and easy to talk with and cost very reasonable. Wish the hotel used All Stars as their airport pickup.

Room Tip: 1st floor near pool
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2011

I haven't made my reservation for September yet. Based on my conversation with the young man, Blake, that answered thed the phone ... my girlfriends and I will definitely stay at this hotel. I could hear him smiling the whole time!!! He was very courteous and helpful with ALL the questions I had concerning the airport/cruise shuttle fees and places to eat and party as well. I could only hope that everyone I spoke to at a hotel was as friendly and knowledgable as Blake. He made me feel very welcomed and made my decision to stay there so much easier! Can't wait to meet him!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Charlottetown, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

We spent our first night at a real dive near the beach. We canceled our second night at the beach hotel and stayed at this Best Western. We were so glad we did. We had to leave the next morning at 5:30 AM to catch our flight. Breakfast wasn't supposed to be served until 6:00 AM but Carl, front desk personnel, prepared breakfast early for the three couples that were leaving. And what an excellent breakfast it was, scrambled eggs, sausages, cereal, waffles, breads/muffins, hot & cold drinks & more. We will definately stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

This hotel was very nice to stay in as a stop over before a cruise. We were taking a cruise from Miami, which is only 35min away. The place was very comfortable & clean. The only slight draw back was that there was no place close to get something to eat other than fast food.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My Husband andIwere returning from a trip to Atlantis in the Bahamas. We were delayed 2 hrs leaving Nassau and missed our flight from ft lauderdale to Providence, RI.
We were unable to get a flight out until the next morning , seeing it was already almost 8pm. We used the courtesy computer in the airport lobby to find a room for the night. We called the Best western and spoke the the manager on duty named Carl. He was especially polite and helpful in gettingus a room, and immediately sent out a shuttle to pick us up which arrived within minutes. Upon arriving at the hotel, he met us at the door, offered us free tioletry samples, aranged our wake up call and shuttle pick up for4Am the next morning all within minutes. We were also offered complimentary beverage befor we headed up to our room and were offered a free shuttle ride to a local restaurant since we had missed dinner. He even furnished us with a copy of the menu to review first. What stared to be a bad end to a great trip was quickly turned around upon meeting Carl at the Best western. I would highly recommend this hotel based on his wonderful service alone.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Southern States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

I was a little aprehensive after other reviews, but found the place clean, service good, and sleepgreat. There was a slow down at the desk, where waiting for a new key will find you waiting behind a bus load bound for Bahamas. Other than that, great place. The breakfast included hot meats, eaggs, waffles, and the standards(cold cereal,fruit,pastry,etc). The rooms have been updated to a modern, clean lined, easy to clean area. Business center(2 computers,1 printer,no privacy) was less than perfect, but this place appears to be a stop-over for those cruising, so business is 2nd here. Some nights this place is a tad pricey, but overall, a good stay.

Room Tip: Haggle your own rate, not that of agent.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port? Share your experiences!