“great escape from a nasty hotel in Pompano Beach” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1180 Seabreeze Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 136 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Valley City, North Dakota
“great escape from a nasty hotel in Pompano Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Was so relieved to book this hotel last minute so we could enjoy our last night in Florida! The newly remodeled rooms were awesome, and the beach access is very handy. The pool and deck area was next to our room, which was nice for a quick sun soak before leaving to below temps back home :)
I strongly recommend this hotel. Compared to what I saw of other hotels, restaurants in this area...the service was exceptionally good. The parking was a daily fee but was easy to use the parking ramp. And the breakfast...AMAZING. It was a huge arrangement, much to pick from. Probably one of the best continental breakfasts I've had.

Room Tip: any room, as there are limited beach views, if any. poolside was nice.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Martinsville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Quaint hotel nice pool and good breakfast Parking is tight Heated pool was a treat nice bar as well Request room overlooking pool we had rear view and not much to look at short walk to beach we enjoyed the sunset and beach activities

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marlow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Always good to stay here. Just a couple of minutes walk to the beach and to a restaurant across the road. You get a good breakfast at this hotel, even though the food is on paper plates. Make your own waffles. Have a cooked breakfast or a cold plate. The pool was fun and a good size.

Room Tip: The rooms by the pool have recently been refitted. The bathroom could do with a little more thought...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

perth western australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We required somewhere close to the port prior to boarding a cruise ship and opted for 2 nights at Oceanside Plus. We were given a poolside room. After 27 hours of flying from Australia, we were delighted to find that the beds were extremely comfortable and we woke up well rested and with hardly any jetlag. The bathroom was a little dated and the floor tiles could have done with a scrub as the grout was very dirty but other than that the room was fine. The other couple that we were travelling with were on the 4th floor and their room seemed to have been renovated and their bathroom was cleaner. Breakfast was included and there was a variety of cereals, breads, muffins, fruit, as well as scrambled eggs/ham etc The only downside was everything was served on paper plates, paper cups and plastic cutlery.
Fort Lauderdale Beach is 2 minutes from the hotel and the taxi ride to the port was a 5-8 minute ride.

Room Tip: If you want privacy I would opt for a room on the higher floors due to the amount of people walking...
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Concessions
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed for 1 night prior to Cruise. Found it a bit crowded. Rooms were not very clean. Over priced. Nice breakfast and pool. Very well situated for restaurants and close to ships. The staff is very friendly but always seemed very busy.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I have stayed here before, but the place has been remodeled so I'm writing again. The lobby looked the same but I was very pleased with my room. It was remodeled and decorated in very good taste. I don't know if all the rooms are remodeled yet, but I'm glad ours was. The beds were comfortable also.
Breakfast is included, and it's very pleasant with a good variety including fruit, cereal, muffins and different breads, waffles, eggs etc.
We had no luck with the wifi in our room.
They are going to remodel the lobby but have not done much yet. I asked what happened to the fish during this time as there were only small ones in the aquarium. They said they had been moved to a safe place. I asked about the little ones that were not moved and they said they were on their own, nobody takes care of them but they were doing well considering. This made me VERY sad that these poor things were going to die. I know most people don't care what happens to some little fish, but I do. I asked them to feed them, but they didn't answer, and I don't think they have any food for them anyway.
So, other than the fish story, the rest was good.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
capi42111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I received a 2 night 3 day stay at the Oceanside Inn as a gift. We never stayed in Fort Lauderdale, so decided to go over Memorial Day weekend. We weren't sure what to expect since I remember Best Western hotels as just your run of the mill hotel.. We were pleasantly surprised! All the staff were very friendly, and the rooms better than we anticipated. As I have had 2 back surgeries in the past, I was a little concerned about how comfortably I would sleep. The mattress was SOOOO comfortable, so I woke up well rested . The shower was great - lots of water pressure which I really like! There is plenty to see, and plenty of eating places to choose from, all within walking distance. On our last night we decided to get a quick bite at the bar and the bartender made wonderful salads for us. Check out was a breeze, and we ended up taking the long way home to Fort Myers because we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the pool area, the others face the hotel next door.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!