“Quick get away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #52 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Boston
“Quick get away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I have stayed here before, but the place has been remodeled so I'm writing again. The lobby looked the same but I was very pleased with my room. It was remodeled and decorated in very good taste. I don't know if all the rooms are remodeled yet, but I'm glad ours was. The beds were comfortable also.
Breakfast is included, and it's very pleasant with a good variety including fruit, cereal, muffins and different breads, waffles, eggs etc.
We had no luck with the wifi in our room.
They are going to remodel the lobby but have not done much yet. I asked what happened to the fish during this time as there were only small ones in the aquarium. They said they had been moved to a safe place. I asked about the little ones that were not moved and they said they were on their own, nobody takes care of them but they were doing well considering. This made me VERY sad that these poor things were going to die. I know most people don't care what happens to some little fish, but I do. I asked them to feed them, but they didn't answer, and I don't think they have any food for them anyway.
So, other than the fish story, the rest was good.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
capi42111
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I received a 2 night 3 day stay at the Oceanside Inn as a gift. We never stayed in Fort Lauderdale, so decided to go over Memorial Day weekend. We weren't sure what to expect since I remember Best Western hotels as just your run of the mill hotel.. We were pleasantly surprised! All the staff were very friendly, and the rooms better than we anticipated. As I have had 2 back surgeries in the past, I was a little concerned about how comfortably I would sleep. The mattress was SOOOO comfortable, so I woke up well rested . The shower was great - lots of water pressure which I really like! There is plenty to see, and plenty of eating places to choose from, all within walking distance. On our last night we decided to get a quick bite at the bar and the bartender made wonderful salads for us. Check out was a breeze, and we ended up taking the long way home to Fort Myers because we didn't want to leave!

Room Tip: Odd numbered rooms face the pool area, the others face the hotel next door.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Corner Brook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed at this hotel April 15-18/15 before our Royal Princess Cruise and have to say that everything... from our room overlooking the pool... to our complimentary breakfast... very friendly front desk staff, housekeeping staff and maintenance staff.. made this vacation more than we hoped for! There was a short 1 minute walk to the beach due to construction ...which I am sure will make the beach even more beautiful than ever.Will we visit again??? Definitely!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Chalmette, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This hotel was clean, the staff was friendly, fun & professional, the breakfast was fabulous! Our group enjoyed it! We will be bringing our stay next year for our fund raiser to this hotel! We are an airline group and know good hotels. This hotel is on the good list! The rooms were clean and comfortable - I highly recommend this hotel - and the price is right!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed two nights prior to a cruise. The value was good. Close to the beach, promenade, restaurants, and shopping. Also close to port. Shuttle to port available for a reasonable price. Pool was okay. Property clean. Room appeared to have been updated and painted. Nothing fantasy, but good option for pre-cruise stay due to its location.

Room Tip: Use the shuttle to port/ship. Bus can enter port and drop you off at your ship. Otherwise it can be...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My son and I stayed here on May 8 & 9, before getting on a cruise. I booked a pool view room and was happy with what we got. The room was nice and clean, the beds were very comfy! The breakfast in the morning was really good, enough selections to keep my son happy with a full belly. The pool was great, nice and warm.
The hotel was within walking distance to a lot of different things. We had a great trip and wouldn't think twice about staying at this hotel on our next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!