“Recent renovation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
North Wales
“Recent renovation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

In process of renovating this hotel. The rooms are done and very nice and colorful, in process of completing public areas. Good breakfast, many choices. Good location, would recommend to friends. Workers are very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Great location with a nice beach nearby. Great breakfast.
The pool was nice but actually too warm. It was like a giant hottub. Gave up trying to swim laps as it felt like as I was being boiled.
Parking 15$ pr day.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
north sciituate, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Great location. Walking distance to everything. Nice variety in the breakfast buffet. Other hotels may be less expensive but you end up paying $20 for cabs each way. We arrived early and the staff gladly held/checked our bags so we could begin exploring Ft. Lauderdale. Same at check out. We hung at the pool with refreshments till we got a cab to the Port.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Pros:
- Close to airport ($18 taxi)
- Close to beach. Beach section unlike the main tourist area is quiet, large, close to public bathrooms and has free muskoka chairs and picnic tables. Children playground is close by so we found it very family friendly.
- Breakfast is included and varies daily. Items include: scrambled/hard boiled eggs, bacon, sausage, lunch meats, cheese, yoghurt, fresh fruits (apples, oranges, bananas, strawberries, grapes, fruit salad), bread, bagels with cream cheese, muffins, danishes, jalapeños, salsa, peanut butter, jams, make your own waffles, whip cream, chocolate sauce, milk (whole and 2%), brewed coffee, teas, juices including oj, cereals (Special K, frosted flakes, Cheerios etc).
- Free pool towels available at front desk
- Free wifi
- Bath and body works shampoo, conditioner, lotion and bar soap provided
- Balcony with two chairs and a table
- Small pool and loungers and table and chairs
- Small bar that serves a limited menu (bartender is the cook)
- Clean renovated rooms. HD TV with good channel selection, fridge, microwave and coffee maker
- Close to Trolley/bus stop. Routes to Galleria Mall, Harbour Shops, Las Olas ave.
- Walking distance to main strip but too far to walk for my 4 yr old
- Safe available in room
- Computers available in lobby area

Cons
- Other than the restaurants in the nearby hotels (B Ocean and Mariott Harbour Beach Resort), there is nothing within walking distance
- Trolley service ends at 6:30pm, so you will need to walk, taxi, car or bus to shops
- No stores nearby

Overall, we had a great time in FLL. The hotel was full of tourists (singles to families) from all over the world, never worried for our safety. It had a homey vibe for us. Very quiet neighbourhood.

Room Tip: We were in room 310 "city view" which looked into the B Ocean Hotel balcony area. Pool sid...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Dublin, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

For the price and location, this hotel can't be beat. It is within a 5 minute walk to the beach, and a nice beach at that. You can also walk over to the Marriott resort for Starbucks and a couple good restaurants -- I highly recommend dinner at 3030 Ocean Restaurant and happy hour over at the outdoor bar.

Due to proximity to those aspects, plus close to airport, I'd stay again. The hotel itself has a really lifeless, sad feel. There is breakfast, a bar, and a pool -- but the breakfast is served on paper plates with instant coffee, the pool area and bar are just ok -- the patio is heavily used for smoking workers. I didn't enjoy spending time there. This hotel is a place to sleep.

Beds were comfortable, rooms were clean. Hot water ran out during the middle of the day but was fine in the morning. The tub was a bit old and worn. No trouble using the wifi for streaming. You need to buy your water or drinks from a machine -- there was not a sundry area near the front desk that I saw.

I found the staff to be helpful. I arrived very early. My room was not ready but they let me park and gave me a voucher for (the terrible) breakfast. I went to the beach, and they called when my room was ready, which was helpful.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My room (202) had no bathroom counter! Therefore no place to put my toiletries. There was no trim work on the entrance door. There was no door on the "closet". I used the patio door and the door handle fell off! Upon arrival the man at the front desk was rude and sarcastic. I was not offered assistance with my luggage. This hotel needs to make some changes.

• Stayed February 2015
Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This Best Western, while not located directly on the beach, is so close, it might as well be considered on the beach. It would be nice to have direct access, but you don't even have to cross the street to get there. Everyone we spoke to on the premises was very nice and professional.
Breakfast was really good. There was a great selection even though we were there during the renovation. They had waffles, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, cereal, fruit, milk, juice, etc. My husband and I even made ourselves bacon, egg, and cheese bagel sandwiches. Sometimes, you just have to get creative.
The pool was nice enough. It wasn't huge, but we were the only people using it so there was more than enough space for us. There were also plenty of deck chairs, on two different levels I might add. The only downside I could see here is that they advertise a heated pool and we had to ask them to turn it on. Then, it took about a day for the pool to warm up enough for us to use it. Then, after a couple days, it was almost too warm. But I think we were there during a freakish cold front. For pool towels, you just have to ask the front desk.
The room was nice enough, but I'm pretty sure we had one of the old rooms and they were renovating everything so a review of the room wouldn't be entirely helpful. I can say that it was quite clean though.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!