“Enjoyable Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
British Columbia
“Enjoyable Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Stayed here for three nights precruise and very much enjoyed the experience.
The entire staff we came in contact with were friendly and helpful .
We stayed here last February and the positive experience then encouraged us to book again this year.
The location is ideal , a short walk to beach and Water Taxi and Suntrolly at door.
The provide a great breakfast in a large well appointed room.
We had no issues with construction as the was no activity during our stay.

Room Tip: Use beach access behind hotel
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel is not on the beach but one block off. The remodeling is not totally finished but the rooms are beautifully done with convenient touches of furniture. I loved the little Z base table you can move around and use as a night stand or lap table. Ask for poolside and you get great sunshine to sit out on your balcony. The beds are wonderful, soft but not mushy. The 2 queens are smaller in floor space than I expected an older Best Western to be. Four people would be a tight fit. The bathroom in our unit was tiny, tiny and there was no sink outside. All is lovely and perfectly clean. Currently the pricing compared to the area is great!! They have parking in the hotel but it is an extra fee. Ask. We loved our stay and were happy all around. All our requests were taken care of by pleasant people.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Edmonton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I are avid travelers we have been in Fort Lauderdale three times in the past year and have never had issues till I made a reservation at this hotel. On January 3rd 2015 I phoned the Best Western reservation line to book a 1 night stay here after our cruise which is happening in March 2015. At the beginning of the conversation with the reservation people I had mentioned that I needed a room for March 16th to 17th 2015 by the end of the conversation the lady mentioned a cancellation date if we were to cancel which she said January 13th which i didn't care because we had no intention of cancelling so all was good at that point. I got the confirmation email but bad me failed to notice the arrival date so with that being said January 16th to 17th came and I received a email from Best Western asking me to fill in a survey on our stay. I'm like whats going on we didn't book for January. I called the Best Western reservation line and expressed my concerns so I was told I would get a call back after they reviewed the recording. So I got the call and was told after review the charges to my credit card would stand and I was considered a no show so now I'm stuck paying 276.00 dollars for no services rendered because a woman on there end did not confirm the date over the phone and assumed since I called in January that I wanted a room then as I mentioned in the beginning I wanted a room in March. I tried resolving the issue with the manager of this hotel.

Clearly there reservation staff need to have a better way to communicate to clients when taking reservations over the phone. My wife had called a business call HSI which is our time share company which does the same thing over the phone after listening how they converse with clients over the phone they say when they are recording the conversation and when they have stopped recording actually confirming the reservation dates with the client not just mentioning a cancellation date by ... which is erelivant ... Not to mentioned we were refused by Best Western to listen the recorded conversation when I made this reservation seems like there hiding something. Lesson learnt here but I would be very careful when booking here. We have used Best Western before but after this episode we will never stay at one.

This review is not based on the Staff of this Hotel but it is based on how Best Western and there Management of this Hotel handled this issue.

Room Tip: Never stayed here before ..........
United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is an upgraded property with a few details still being worked on. It is located in the thick of things, has wonderful beds, and nice outside seating over looking the pool in most rooms. Ask to be poolside. You have a one block walk to the beach. It has on-site parking that is an extra fee. Currently it is an excellent value at this location. They have lots of useful furniture in each room but that makes it tight for 4 and luggage in these rooms. Bathrooms are VERY small.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A co-worker and I stayed here from January 18-21. The hotel was very clean, the rooms were renovated. The staff at the front desk were super friendly and helpful. We luv Kersandra she was the best. Very help to the two 56 year old ladies that needed a break from the cold weather in the mid atlantic. The free breakfast was ok and one day we had breakfast by the pool. Location was also good. The beach was less then 5 minutes and the hotel provided towels so don't pack yours. Also the self laundry was also good, you can pack less $1.50 to wash and a $1.50 to dry perfect. Free wifi had good speed we were able to work remotely without any issues. The other staff was very helpful also. The hotel is near everything and we felt safe.

Room Tip: Don't choice a poolside room if you want quiet. The pool rooms are right on the pool deck. Howev...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends
Gainesville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The bed was very hard and uncomfortable. Location is excellent. Although I never took advantage of the breakfast, I was pleased to see that it has long hours, for those of us who enjoy sleeping a bit later.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

A group of us stayed here pre-cruise and the condition of the hotel was despicable. It was a construction zone. Picture hard hats and work boots type of construction zone. I even called ahead to ask if the renos are done and the staff said most are done. Clearly not! Although the staff was helpful in finding a resto to have dinner it didn't take away from the negative experience. I would rather have stayed at the motel across the street. Stay away until the whole renovation is done.

• Stayed December 2014

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!