“best western” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cluj County, Romania
“best western”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Good price good food , the room was clean, we stay 6 night ,the beach is close to hotel. Is a short cab ride away from Fort Lauderdale airport to hotel , the pool it's ok.
So finally "have to see " ! Happy Holliday !!

Room Tip: Not the front side !
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
  • Polish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This location is better than a typical Best Western. It is also more expensive. That said, it provided reasonable value with a good location. The property was undergoing renovations (which they were upfront about when I booked) so some noise and disruption was to be expected. There was lots of shouting and loud conversations to go with the expected construction noise. I would not have expected this if the management was trying to minimize guests' inconvenience. They also took away more than half the available parking for the construction workers (even at night when no workers were present) and storage of new furniture. The place was not fully booked so that was not a big problem, but since they charged extra for parking they could have tried to make it easier. Staff was friendly and helpful. The rooms (I had one of their 'suites" next to the pool) were a good size and comfortable. If I could get a good rate and was looking for mid-quality room I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The Good...
The hotel is a short cab ride away from Port Everglades ($17) and the Airport ($22). The pool is heated and nicely situated. Some of the staff were very helpful.
The Bad..
Our "newly" renovated room was unimpressive. The AC unit and fridge were not updated. Their motors were so loud. We unplugged the AC unit so we could sleep. The outlet and switch in the bath was not updated.. filthy. The "updated" shower didn't have a soap holder. The cabinet door in front of the refrig would not close. The 90 degree corner of the bed frame cut my leg twice. Room 100 is a cave and looks out on a concrete wall. Who redesigned this?

The hotel is ok for a 1 night stay but don't expect a lot. Breakfast items were ice cold.
They begrudgingly extended our "late" checkout a whole 1/2 hour.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Santa Rosa, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Our check in was fine, fast and the cookies were waiting for us...
The rooms are also fine, one bath towel each, coffee maker, micro.
The unpleasant part is the crowded, mob and small breakfast area. People were lining up at tables, watching every bite. I know this is a busy place, but please, increase the space. I would hesitate to return here for that reason...

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband & I spent 5 nights here recently & I was very happy with the place. Rooms were very clean & included a fridge, microwave & safe & free wi-fi & TV of course. The breakfast was inlcluded and had a great variety. The pool area was fantastic. We had a rented car and the parking fee was only $10 per night. Location was excellent, close walk to the beach, bars and restaurants. Last but not least, the staff were very friendly and very helpful. I have stayed in many different hotels that were much more expensive but didn't offer half the amenities or services that this place offered. I highly recommend the place. I hope to return soon.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, NH, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Located close to the beautiful beach and restaurants . Hotel had nice rooms, good breakfast and a very nice patio and pool area. But, not a five star hotel if that is what you require. I would definitely stay there for a couple of days before our next cruise from Ft. Lauderdale or for a week long or longer vacation in Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My family and I were there last week and really enjoyed our stay. I have 2 young kids so traveling is hard enough but the staff made our stay very comfortable. There is construction but they didnt bother us...one actually gave us a great place to eat. The pool area is fantastic. .they even put out pool toys for the kids. They have a small menu and when I was looking at the menu...the great waitress from breakfast was telling me what kind of ham they cooked and all about their tuna. It was like I ordering from my mom and the food was very fresh and delicious. We feel like we found a hidden gem that is only 1 block from the beach. We will definitely stay here again on our next cruise..looking forward to seeing the hotel completed.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!