“simple and efficent” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, United States
“simple and efficent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

A cozy spot within steps of the beach. Not overpriced and just right to lounge around the pool have drink and make day trips if you like. Great Breakfast and Great helpful staff. A great location that is not too touristy and quiet .Parking is reasonable and easily acessed. From my experiences this is a great place for a family on a budget but not without all the amenities of some overpriced stuffy resort or hotel. It is only about 6 miles away from FLL airport with easy acess to I- 595 ,US 1 and right on A1A. This was not my first visit and plan to return very soon !

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Carolina B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience. It is always nice to hear from a returning guest. We look forward to the opportunity of continuing to serve you.
Carolina B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I just recently stayed at this Best Western and I must say that yes even though they're undergoing renovation, My stay here was pleasantly good. I checked in with a gal that always had a smile on her face. I had a less than perfect experience with my travels prior to arrival so it was good to have a person who didnt get annoy with my questions and always had great tips. She told us about the noise due to construction from the get go and also recommended things to do so this wont ruin our vacation. And with that we did was she said and it was great. We had breakfast at around 8am which was great considering their renovations. She even gave us comp beach towels and a few toys so my daughter can have fun while on the sand. I guess she could relate. She recommended a great place for my family and I to dine on a budget. Even mindful of my sons seafood allergies. Then she us of great sites to see as it was our first time in FL. By the time we came back we didn't even hear one bit of noise even though we saw construction workers everywhere. Anytime we were in the lobby she would address us by our names. It felt like family. Instead of other overpriced hotels where they don't even make eye contact. For the other complaints I read about problems with the room, you should really considering overlooking because they made no secret of hiding this information. It is everywhere when I was booking and is expected. I cant wait to come back after its new. I wasn't expecting to come back then I originally it was just a place to lay our heads. But with great service and now a great new look. I couldn't resist. So I booked!! I hope to top this review the next time my family and come back next May. Oh I'm sorry I couldn't remember name of the gal at the front desk with glasses. But if you go ask for her first she will save you time and money. Also great housekeeping staff.

Room Tip: Ask for Overlooking Pool with Balcony 5th floor
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Rita,
It is always such a pleasure to hear the feedback from our valued guest. I have made sure to share this review and your comments with the staff and our front desk agent. I believe it was Kahsandra that helped you. We sure look forward to seeing you again in the future and being able to provide the great service you deserve.
Ft Luaderdale Beach, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Even though the Hotel was being renovated at the time, the staff and service they provided was great. I stayed in one of the recently renovated rooms and it was quite nice and obviously modernized. The breakfast was easy and filling.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo

Dear Rob,
We thank you for giving us the opportunity and your patience during our renovation. We hope you are able to visit in the future once we have completed all the work.
Thank you again for staying with us and taking the time to write about your experience.
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked this hotel 6 months ago and there was no mention of any construction being planned at the time. We arrived late and jet lagged by 3 hours, hoped to sleep in, but they started hammering and sawing at 8am, which was 5am by my body clock, couldn't get back to sleep after that. And you can forget about a nap, at least until 5 when construction stops.

The first night, we enjoyed some HBO a in our room. Second night, it wasn't working. We placed 2 calls to the front desk with no results. 2nd call, I was told "I don't know" why it isn't working, even though it worked the first night, I was told "it's not supposed to be working". Huh? Then I was told he would check into it and call me back. That hasn't happened yet and I suspect it never will, so not only do we have to put up with the construction noise, our TV isn't working right either.
The only saving grace is that it is cheap and close to the beach, but I suspect after the renovations are done prices will be going up,

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
First of all thank you for staying with us. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with your stay. We appreciate your patience as we make changes to improve our property and your future enjoyment. HBO has been restored.
Again thank you for the opportunity. Please visit us again when you travel to South Florida
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel from 12-14 September 2014. I was very pleasantly surprised by the room that I was allocated - 2 big double beds just for me, an empty fridge that I could fill as I wanted, a lovely big bathroom - well equipped with nice fluffy towels. All very clean and tidy. I was particularly impressed with the staff who went out of there way to help me. I asked at reception if they were able to contact my coach provider to confirm my booking to Orlando on the 14th September. They went out of their way to attempt to contact the coach company for me and eventually found an answer - informing me that my coach was no longer going to pick me up at the hotel as planned but that I had to make my way to another pick up point! The staff then arranged for me to be picked up and dropped off at the rearranged pick up point. Unfortunately I have forgotten the names of these 2 lovely ladies but they were on duty on the morning of the 13th September - please offer my thanks. In the late afternoon of the same day I enquired whether there were any restaurants close by suitable for a single lady. Aznie on reception recommended the Bahia Cabana which was no more than 5-10 minutes walk away and also informed me that it was a safe area for me to walk alone in the evening. I took her up on her recommendation and was very impressed with the meal and the atmosphere. I had a table overlooking the harbour which was lovely. Thank you Aznie for your recommendation.
The work at the hotel did not spoil my stay at all - the only disruption was at breakfast which was served in the bar rather than the breakfast room which was in the process of renovation. This was a bit tight and crowded but at the end of the day the work has to be done and it did not spoil my breakfast in any way.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for the wonderful review and comments. It is our goal to meet and exceed all of our guest expectations and I am very happy to hear that your experience was such a great one. I will make sure to share this with the staff, specially the front desk agents. We hope you visit us again in the future.
Wishing you the best,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2014

We stayed here at this hotel prior to our cruise. It was close to the cruise port, but also the beaches.

We stayed on the third floor facing the pool. I did not find the floor to be noisy whatsoever. I found the room to be clean and comfortable. This hotel is under renovations, so any work that was being done was not a bother.

They had a buffet breakfast in the morning. This was the standard breakfast with some hot things, waffle maker, cereal, and fruits. It was just what we needed to get our morning started.

The only thing I would suggest is that on the TA website it states that this hotel has a shuttle. I would that would be removed or updated as the hotel does not have a shuttle.

Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Carolina B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Alyssa,

Thank you for the opportunity to serve you. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that you will return in the future and this way you will see our completed renovations.
NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2014

This was my second stay at this location and I can't wait to go back. Easy walking distance to the beach (about two blocks) and easy walking to loads of restaurants - moderate to high end - for young, older and families. 24 hr full service chain pharmacy located nearby. Staff are AWESOME!!! Amenities are great - free breakfast, moderate prices for drinks and snacks at bar. Family and singles friendly. Major renovation was going on and you wouldn't have known it.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo

Dear Melanie,

We can't wait for you to return. Thank you for staying with us. We hope you will like our new look. Thank you for your patience during these renovations. The lobby is currently being renovated as of this week.
Carolina Bl

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!