“Good hotel with all you need steps to the beach” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get up to 20% off
Ranked #55 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Florida
“Good hotel with all you need steps to the beach”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed 3 nights Father's Day weekend.
The hotel is great. The staff is very friendly
The room was spacious with great storage, refrigerator and microwave
The beds were Sooo comfortable
Breakfast in the morning was a full breakfast. Everything was fresh
They had a bar right by pool where you can order food, which we did and not only was it good but reasonable
Parking was $10 as opposed to 20+ other hotels charge you
The hotel is not beachfront but steps away.
We also walked at night to the shops and restaurants on the strip
Overall a good weekend

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor standard room and it was fine
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Upon reading all the reviews before we arrived I knew what to expect. We were there for a 3 day trip with the family, and the hotel was just right. It is an older hotel but it had all your basic needs. The staff was friendly and nice and the lady named Jerri who cleaned our room was especially nice. The breakfast is the highlight. They had everything you could imagine. This was not your basic continental breakfast. So make sure you get the free breakfast every morning. Overall, I would stay here again and recommend it to friends especially if you have children.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool. That is the better view.
Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

From reading reviews, I knew that this hotel wasn't modern by any stretch of the imagination. That was fine by my husband and I, as this was only a 2 night stay, and not exactly a vacation for us, but rather tending to some business. I also learned, from reading reviews that the rooms were comfortable, the staff was friendly, parking was inexpensive, and breakfast was complimentary. Sounded fine by us. Everything we read about the hotel was right on point, and overall we were satisfied with our short stay. However, we had two complaints. One was on the day we checked in, after a long morning of traveling, all we wanted to do was unwind before we had to head out again to take care of some errands, this was made impossible by the super loud housekeeping staff on our floor. There were two of them, each cleaning a separate room, about 4 rooms apart... screaming a conversation. It was annoying, and unprofessional, if you ask me. The other complaint was the lighting in the room. There were several table lamps, and one floor lamp, which is fine. But, the bulbs used were those horrible fluorescent types, giving off that high school bathroom lighting feel throughout the room. Not exactly pretty, if you ask me. I received an email, after my stay, from management asking how my stay was, and I mentioned these points. I received a reply that housekeeping was corrected on the loudness issue, and the hotel is going to be undergoing an update. Both points addressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lisbon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is nice but old.The room was nice, nothing special... Old furniture... but in general nice stay.The pool was ok, no problems, clean. The breakfast is great and complete. The car parking was good with lots of place to park. They have washing machines in underground floor on parking lot...
I recomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent 1 night at the Oceanside Inn. The people at the front desk were great. The check-in was quick and they provided helpful information. The breakfast in the morning was above average. The room and the hotel are a little tired and could use an upgrade. We were going to use the pool but the rain came in and cancelled that activity. If you are looking for a place before or after a cruise it would be great.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. I noticed the room started to smell a little funny. Long behold... I looked up at the room and the mold is leaking through the wall paint. It was everywhere. I felt like I was starting to get sick. The could not stand it any longer and on my second day, I left! I ran as fast as I could. I did not want to stay here not one more night. BTW... they only have about 15 parking spaces for a hotel with over 150 rooms. Horrible!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!