“The extra mile of service” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #56 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

From reading reviews, I knew that this hotel wasn't modern by any stretch of the imagination. That was fine by my husband and I, as this was only a 2 night stay, and not exactly a vacation for us, but rather tending to some business. I also learned, from reading reviews that the rooms were comfortable, the staff was friendly, parking was inexpensive, and breakfast was complimentary. Sounded fine by us. Everything we read about the hotel was right on point, and overall we were satisfied with our short stay. However, we had two complaints. One was on the day we checked in, after a long morning of traveling, all we wanted to do was unwind before we had to head out again to take care of some errands, this was made impossible by the super loud housekeeping staff on our floor. There were two of them, each cleaning a separate room, about 4 rooms apart... screaming a conversation. It was annoying, and unprofessional, if you ask me. The other complaint was the lighting in the room. There were several table lamps, and one floor lamp, which is fine. But, the bulbs used were those horrible fluorescent types, giving off that high school bathroom lighting feel throughout the room. Not exactly pretty, if you ask me. I received an email, after my stay, from management asking how my stay was, and I mentioned these points. I received a reply that housekeeping was corrected on the loudness issue, and the hotel is going to be undergoing an update. Both points addressed.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Lisbon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This hotel is nice but old.The room was nice, nothing special... Old furniture... but in general nice stay.The pool was ok, no problems, clean. The breakfast is great and complete. The car parking was good with lots of place to park. They have washing machines in underground floor on parking lot...
I recomend this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Huntsville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My wife and I spent 1 night at the Oceanside Inn. The people at the front desk were great. The check-in was quick and they provided helpful information. The breakfast in the morning was above average. The room and the hotel are a little tired and could use an upgrade. We were going to use the pool but the rain came in and cancelled that activity. If you are looking for a place before or after a cruise it would be great.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed here for three nights. I noticed the room started to smell a little funny. Long behold... I looked up at the room and the mold is leaking through the wall paint. It was everywhere. I felt like I was starting to get sick. The could not stand it any longer and on my second day, I left! I ran as fast as I could. I did not want to stay here not one more night. BTW... they only have about 15 parking spaces for a hotel with over 150 rooms. Horrible!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton next door for 21 yrs and thought we would have a change and we got a nice surprise. As soon as we walked in to check in smiling faces greeted us, check in was nice and fast although we had a car and they charged us $10 a night to park it, mmmm we don't do that in england but heyy.Room was pretty good, very clean and had everything we needed, T.V Fridge, micowave etc......Had a couple of problems with our room not being cleaned for a couple of days but I guess that can happen anywhere and it was soon rectified once we reported it. Breakfast was heaven, plenty of food for all tastes! Now the pool, nice setting with the palms all around , water was so refreshing but it got a little crowded when the hotel was full but the beach is right next door so no probs there. Now the best part of the hotel... The Bar....we knew one bartender from the old hotel we used to go to his name is Bobby T very nice chap indeed he always tells me and the wife where to go and eat and he is spot on everytime. Theres also a girl who works in the bar and I can honestly say she has to be the friendliest and nicest person we have meet in all our 22yrs of going to the U.S.A, didn't get a free bud off her but there's always next year. Kathy on the front desk is also a credit to the hotel, never in 2 weeks did I not see her smile. So overall if you want to stay in a hotel thats not over priced although a little old but very clean and in a great location with lovely breakfast and super staff well this place is the one for you

Room Tip: go for the 5th floor very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bradley, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The rooms are clean and comfortable with a decent size fridge, microwave, great size tv, comfortable clean beds and bathroom. Its also a very short walk to the beach.
The hotel itself needs a little TLC, the rooms are adequate.The continental breakfast is GREAT, the staff is excellent, and the location to the beach is fantastic, especially for the price you pay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn? Share your experiences!