My wife and I stayed here prior to going on our cruise in mid November. There is no complimentary shuttle service from the airport but that wasn't a big deal for us. A cab ride including tip from the airport only cost us a little over $20. We chose the hotel because of the location and because of the Best Western name. The past reviews were also favorable for this hotel as well.
By the time we got to the hotel, it was just before midnight. I was miserable and not in a very good mood as our airline lost my luggage. So no change of clothes or toiletries. Well, the 2 ladies at the front desk were the perfect medicine to change my mood. Not only did they listen and offer their sympathy, they provided us with toothbrushes, toothpaste, a razor to get me through the next day. They joked with us to lighten our moods and made us feel welcome. They also pointed out nearby clothing stores to me in case my luggage didn't arrive by the time we left and the best part, gave us 2 complimentary drinks at their onsite bar.
While going to our room, I noticed that the 1st thing the hallways needed was a new paint job and the carpets replaced. Once you leave the lobby, it is when this hotel begins to show it's age. Same applies to the room. The bathroom sink vanity was in need of repair with a makeshift repair job to one of the vanity legs with an exposed screw that had separated from the leg. The room had a LCD tv, mini fridge and a microwave. There is a computer for guests use just off the lobby and complimentary buffet breakfast which was great.
The best part of this hotel is it's location and definitely, the staff. The worst part is that this hotel is definitely dated. Not what we expected from a Best Western Plus. It's nice to see that management is paying attention and listening to guests based on an email they sent to me. Let's hope ownership springs for renovations as their top notch staff deserve a top notch hotel to work in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach side Hotel, located just 100 yards to Fort Lauderdale Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com and Hotels.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Oceanside Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western
- Best Western Oceanside Ft Lauderdale