I stayed here with my significant other overnight before our cruise back in February of this year and we both continue to rave about it! The service was above and beyond what we expected. We got lunch when we arrived at the hotel restaurant and sat poolside; the food was great! We didn't expect anything special, as the bar/restaurant didn't look like much, but my burger was fantastic! Breakfast was free in the morning and was good as well; great selection of cereals, fruit, etc. as well as a station where you could make your own waffles. Our room was ready by 1:45pm that afternoon and was very spacious and clean. We also had access to the shared balcony which overlooked the pool. Location of the hotel was excellent; just a few steps away from the beach! We were not concerned with a "view" from our room; we wanted to GO to the beach, not stare at it! We had a very enjoyable time walking down the beach by the other hotels, restaurants, shops and bars. Had a great drink at Fat Tuesdays! The staff did an exceptional job that Saturday morning dealing with the large number of guests that needed transportation to Port Everglades. They coordinated shuttles for the guests that wanted, which turned out to be much cheaper than taking a cab. Took about 10 minutes to get to the port. We also were able to peek at the ships coming into the port early in the AM from the balcony outside our room. We originally were going to stay closer to the airport where the hotels are a bit cheaper, but were so glad that we decided to stay here instead. This place is an AMAZING value compared to the other beachfront hotels nearby, and we will definitely come back if we are in the area!
The ONLY thing I will comment on is the locks in the balcony rooms (which have 2 doors). We chain-locked our inside door (to the hotel hallway) and then went outside through our balcony door (which does not let you re-enter your room from the outside), without of course, remembering to unlock the chain. So essentially, we had locked ourselves out of the room. The staff laughed along with us, and were able to cut the chain off. We had to pay a $10 fee. Maybe remove the chains altogether from the inside doors or make it so that you can enter your rooms from the balcony as well? It was a very minor setback, and did not negatively effect our stay here. Just a warning to everyone; don't forget to unchain the lock if you go out through the balcony door! : )
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beach side Hotel, located just 100 yards to Fort Lauderdale Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Oceanside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Oceanside Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oceanside Inn
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Best Western
- Best Western Oceanside Ft Lauderdale