“Excellent from Beginning to End” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
4th Night Free
Ranked #14 of 134 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Excellent from Beginning to End”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The best review I can give is to say that I plan to stay here whenever I go to Ft. Lauderdale. As always, I researched the hotel on Trip Advisor. As always, there were some negative comments. I am so glad I ignored them and picked this hotel. We got a great rate and knew it was the right choice from the moment we walked in. The lobby makes you feel like you are in the Caribbean. The staff was great in being attentive and friendly and anticipating our needs. We spent three nights there. We tried to get an ocean front room but they were booked. I think we got one of the few rooms without a balcony which I was disappointed about until we saw the room. We had a panoramic view of the city, the beach and the ocean. It was awesome and we didn't miss the balcony at all. Let me comment on a few of the possible draw backs I saw mentioned in other reviews. The hotel is far from the action if you don't have a car. It's about 1 mile in either direction to get to anything-- and I mean anything. No Starbucks, no convenience store, no restaurants. This was not a problem for us since we only left the resort for dinner and easily grabbed a cab on the street. It made a much quieter and peaceful trip. Also, it's a very nice hotel but don't expect the Four Seasons resort. This is more on caliber with a top-notch Caribbean resort. It's not the opulence of a Four Seasons or a Ritz in Miami. I have also stayed there and loved it but this felt more comfortable if you are going to be spending time at the beach and pool all day. It is still upscale and I would say a 4 star hotel (I would consider the Four Seasons 5) and they require shoes, shirts and cover-ups in the lobby which I consider a very nice touch. The food is a little pricey since you are captive but not terrible. We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant for $10. The hotel is right on the beach unlike most others. Whether you go to the pool or the beach, there are guys to help set up chairs and umbrellas. Have to give special thanks to Kyle. He was amazing. Always found a spot to put down some chairs and kept an eye on the crowd to make sure everyone was taken care of. On more than one occasion I saw him intervene when kids were getting out of control in the lazy river (where were these kids parents to begin with) and handled it in a very professional manner for both the safety of the kids and the enjoyment of the adults. Very pleased with the trip and recommend this place to everyone. If I had one comment for management- and it may have been a one time thing because of a particular group of guests-- on Saturday it seemed like the pool became very crowded with people who were not all guests of the hotel. I am not sure if they were visiting with guests of the hotel or not but overhearing many conversations, there were far more "locals" than one would expect at a resort. Made the pool a little less peaceful. Again, may have been a random thing and even one of the guys working the pool commented on it and began checking room numbers. It didn't really help this time but it was good to know there was a policy in place. Would not stop me from coming back.

Room Tip: Ocean view is great and rooms are suites with balconies. The corner rooms are smaller and have no b...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1,808 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (483)
Islamorada, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We booked one of the hospitality suite for department corporate offsite. The spacious suite was well suited for us to collaborate in a non-office environment. The Banquet Captain, Etienne Polycarpe, was great and very attentive. The wifi was strong and the ocean view was beautiful for our breakfast and lunch. We will definitely be back

Room Tip: The hallways are open catwalks and can be very noisy as people use their outside voices in the halls...
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our recent stay was fantastic. We were 1st greeted by a very friendly bellman. He was very personable and knowledgeable. He even arranged for a free glass of wine at the restaurant. Our room was a spacious oceanfront room. We dined at the hotel restaurant. We sat on the porch and had a wonderful meal over looking the ocean. It was a great way to spend our anniversary. With that said, the hotel is also very family friendly. I would love to go back and bring our children.

Room Tip: This hotel is located in Northern Ft Lauderdale, away from the more lively section of town.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I Highly recommend this place the second floor was a gem if you enjoy other people, there is a patio the enitire length of the hotel facing the Ocean unbelievable view.!!!!!!!!!!!!I will be back many times, I especially liked the secondary room with door so you could enjoy the television and relax on the couch without keeping any one else up if you so desired. Beds are very soft.!!!

Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Spacious and well-appointed rooms. Friendly staff. A wonderful place to stay! If you are looking for a romantic, quiet place directly on the beach, you can't go wrong. Restaurants are very good and bar is well stocked. Lazy river was a plus!

Boone, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

The view was beautiful and the beds were very comfortable. Wanted to get up early, but didn't want to get out of the comfy bed. The food at the restaurant on site was delicious. The lazy river was very relaxing. The ice cream shop is open late (11PM) and the late shift girl that worked there (don't remember her name) was cheerful and friendly. I would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: I think the room we had had a great view. I would suggest the rooms in the upper floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We made last minute plans to go to Fort Lauderdale and found the Pelican Grand Beach Resort online. The price was good and they had a room available with a king size bed, plus they were located on the ocean. We were captivated by the charm of the hotel. It reminded us of the Grand Hotel in Michigan with the long porch and rocking chairs and The Grand Floridian at Disney with the attention to detail throughout the property. The staff was very helpful.
The room was huge with a very comfortable bed and our view of the ocean was amazing. We enjoyed going between the ocean and the pools with the lazy river. We had breakfast each day in the dining room and found the food & coffee to be very good. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Pelican Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!