“Great Service Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
4th Night Free
Ranked #12 of 133 hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Huntington, New York
“Great Service Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Pelican for a little early spring sun to break up a bleak winter in the New York. I was highly impressed with the staff who were very attentive, polite, and made every effort to make my stay enjoyable. Nathan at the Pool/ Beach was exceptional and went out of his way to make my stay great. My only regret in recommending this resort would be if I could not get a room myself because every one should be staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
bkeesler, General Manager at Pelican Grand Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
We’re glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! Thank you so much for your kind words and positive feedback. Fortunately, we have plenty of rooms and you’re always welcome to return!

1,783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (472)
Boca Raton, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the beginning of our stay, everything was calm and not stressful.
The most difficulty we faced was choosing between relaxing poolside on the comfortable chairs, laying down under an umbrella on the beach, or floating around the lazy river.

Room Tip: We didn't have an ocean front view, but still could see the Atlantic Ocean from our room that wa...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the positive review! We strive to create the perfect, stress-free, atmosphere for our guests to unwind, so we’re very glad you were able to relax during your stay. Hopefully you can return soon!
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I have been a re-run customer for almost 20 years. Want to applaud all the staff for superior service, but a few stood out Nathan at pool side was very attentive always with a smile and making sure every detail was addressed. Claudio took my reservation and also addressed each request with optimum results. The hotel itself if beautiful, perfect size, rooms are over sized beautifully decorated and clean. Linens are WHITE and crisp. Again great weekend and at a great resort.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
We’re glad that after 20 years you keep on coming back! Thank you so much for sharing this review with us and complimenting our amazing staff. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next stay.
Grayton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

From the moment we arrived, staff was there to greet us! Valet Alejandra and Bellman Victor immediately assisted us in unpacking. Wes checked us in and explained the amenities, which are over the top! Our room was expansive with an ocean view & spotlessly clean by Georgia! We went down to the pool deck where Nathan located chairs and placed fresh towels on them. Shannon served us bottomless cold drinks poolside overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. We walked a few steps down to the beach where Nicind set us up a beach umbrella. For dinner we ate at the bar & grill, Mayra served us cheerfully exactly what we asked for. In the morning we watched the sunrise from a rocking chair on the back porch while Earls swept & sang "Good Morning!" More lazy river time as Michele asked if there was anything she could do for us! Dinner was in the fancy Ocean restaurant we had snapper, shrimp, and salmon cooked perfectly by Chef. I loved the view from the deck of green grass, palm trees swaying in the breeze, cocoa colored beach sand, deep blue ocean gentle waves, and white painted bannisters. What a wonderful stay and vacation, we felt truly relaxed and pampered!

Room Tip: a good room would also include city view because you still can see the beach and the street below. T...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for providing us with such a descriptive review! It sounds like you had an amazing experience. We appreciate that you gave recognition to many of our staff members and will make sure they know they helped make your stay enjoyable!
pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Pelican Grand was pretty, but while i was floating around the lazy river with my baby, my iphone was stolen out of my diaper bag, along with my wallet (with less than $100). My husband's phone was also stolen from under his towel.
The only people there mulling around were the pool attendents. Who were fiddling with 'fresh towels' ... Of course, you can't accuse if you didn't actually see it happen. The pool was very uncrowded and it happened very quickly. I should have made a fuss....it happened so quick, my husband checked his phone to see what time it was because he and our sons were going to a football game in Miami. Then he came to float around the lazy river with me. 10 minutes later he got back out and our phones and my wallet was gone.
My wallet just happened to be found in the lobby on the piano within the next hour.... cash was taken, but at least my drivers license was there. Had to cancel all the credit cards. I felt set-up and unsafe at the Pelican Grand after that.
If you go, please guard your items. The hotel manager DID respond to an email i sent him, but what could he really do??? He said he was sorry. He would tell the insurance company. The hotel insurance company denied any claim or responsibility. I wrote to the hotel manager again asking him if it was the end of the road for me...never heard back.
My husband thought the hotel looked nice online and it did have a lazy river, which he thought would be fun for the kids even though we were there to do things in Miami. I would say skip this hotel and stay in Miami. My advice is Be on guard, hiding your stuff doesn't work. My husband was in the army and we have traveled to many hotels all over Europe and in the US. We have never had anything stolen anywhere, except here at the Grand Pelican =(

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We apologize for any negative experience you may have had. We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your stay as we always take customer feedback into consideration to help us improve in the future.
FT MYERS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I stayed hrere and realy enjoyed the layout decr and the size of the room . If you want to relax and feel away from it all this is your place . Breakfast is very substantial and excellent , other food just okay . I enjoyed the setting the ambient athmosphere of this resort . Great archecture and styling

Room Tip: beach view with full walhthru suite and sitting room
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We’re glad you enjoyed the layout of the room and that you were able to relax and feel serene at our property. Since you loved our breakfast, make a dinner reservation during your next stay at Ocean2000 for an unbelievable meal!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have spent Mother's Day weekend here for the last two years and I think we are going to make it an official yearly tradition. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, Although the hotel was extremely busy, you would never know it by the level of customer service provided by their cheerful staff. We spent most of our day by the lazy river and the beach. I have to commend Nathan, who was working that area and was constantly checking on all of the guests and made us feel like royalty. We enjoyed everything about the hotel. We ate poolside, we had cocktails, and the kids even loved the ice cream parlor. Honestly, we never, left the premises. We had everything there that we wanted. The only thing I could hope for is that the lazy river wouldn't close at six, especially in the summer when the sun's out till after 8 pm. Well, we had a great time and I can't wait till next year.

• Stayed May 2013
We’re so happy to be a part of your Mother’s Day family tradition! It sounds like you and your family truly had the perfect weekend. We appreciate your review and have passed on your Lazy River feedback to management. See you next year!

Been to Pelican Grand Beach Resort? Share your experiences!