“Bed Bugs and HUGE Cockroaches oh my” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal

You added Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal to your Saves list
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 NE 32nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Formerly Il Lugano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Westchester, NY
“Bed Bugs and HUGE Cockroaches oh my”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2010

I am writing this review before I even checkout as I am so disgusted by this hotel. I booked it because of the great reviews. Well, I did not enjoy the hotel from the beginning. Arrived at 11pm after a 4 hour flight delay and no dinner only to find that their room service ends at 10pm and there are no minibars. The "state of the art" fitness center consists of 2 treadmills, an elliptical, a bike and a cybex machine with some free weights. Its teeny tiny.
The "beach" is some sand thrown on a 10 foot wide walkway by the docks.
From the morning after I arrived I felt like bugs were crawling on me every time I was in the room. Last night, I was laying in bed and suddenly saw a huge palmetto bug, ie cockroach - about 2 inches long, scrambling across my headboard. Security came in to kill it and confirmed it was a cockroach, they changed my linens but I then asked to be moved to a room that had been recently treated as security informed me they do treat regularly. Then I woke up this morning to a bed bug crawling on my arm. I am so disgusted right now. I still feel like things are crawling all over me. Think twice before you stay here.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

Gorgeous hotel, fabulous rooms and wonderful staff! My room was absolutely gorgeous. I loved the relaxed, elegant but comfortable feel of it. Aside from that, it had everything I could possibly need-a microwave, a refrigerator even a washer and dryer! The view of the ocean was very nice and the staff was friendly and helpful. I would highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be returning in the future.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

My stay was a very pleasant one at the IL Lugano. The suites are large and clean with everything you would want in a suite. Very nice kitchen with dishwasher, frig., micro, garbage disp., two closets (one walk-in), washer/dryer, two flat screens, nice spacious livingroom, and large balcony. The suite was very clean. The only complaint is the daily $15.00 valet charge to park your car.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

Stayed for 8 nights. Excellent value. We had a terrace overlooking the inland waterway which was a great place to sit with a drink and watch the yachts go by. Service could not have been better. No request/question was too small. The valet even remembered my name when he brought the car around, which I thought was a nice touch. The room was very clean and comfortable. We loved the great bed and luxurious linen. If you don’t have a car the water taxi comes right up to the dock or the hotel will drive you a short distance in one of their Cadillac Escalades. All in all, we would highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

Pittsburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Although this hotel is very clean and pretty, I would NOT recommend it. I traveled with a few friends and we arrived around 3:30 p.m., a little early for the 4 p.m. check-in. Needless to say, we kept getting the runaround and could not get in our room until 6. There was one other group I saw that was also waiting around for their room and another group who stored their luggage and it was no where to be found! I was frustrated and the staff just seemed annoyed with me and would not accommodate. They said they'd give us a round of drinks for free which did not rectify the situation.

The hotel provides a car service within 3 miles of the hotel, but they only drive you there, they will NOT pick you up, which is stupid. Plus there's not anything too close except a drug store so you need a taxi or rental car. They also don't have couches in the queen size bedrooms or cots - just two beds which was an inconvenience. At one point I called down to the front desk and the guy on the phone wasn't even listening to me and actually called me SIR (I am a woman)!!

At checkout, we asked for a one-hour extension to 1 pm instead of noon since the hotel couldn't let us checkin on time. The woman at the front desk said OK. So 12:15 our room phone rings and it's the concierge asking us to checkout and I explain we were given an extension. She gave me the biggest attitude.

All in all, the staff was rude and the hotel was in a bad location. The pool was also not that great and barely any room to sit. Stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

Just pure awesome!

We were given an upgrade up-grade, by Becky, on a whim to a fantastic suite with full kitchen, washer/dryer, living room, veranda, beautiful bathroom with sexy robes and a super comfy bed. We just loved the suite. The staff where wonderful, Travis at the front desk, an excellent hotel ambassador, offered us free drinks due to our early arrival –Becky equal professional offered us 4 more! Ryan transported our luggage to our room in a swift and discreet manner – placed neatly in the living and bedroom.

The Hotel Bar had an all day happy hour – despite free drinks from the front desk we kept going on because there was really not any reason to leave the premises- due to the fact that this hotel had it all- and our check ran to $ 16 for an all day -in the bar and by the pool service – beer & cocktails –that’s a beer and a coke at Universal Orlando!
Lingering, sunbathing and boat watching- from your own sun bed by the river were a cool experience.

The Italian restaurant was spot on and the food indeed top notch. People come from all over Ft Lauderdale to eat at this place. Remember to make a reservation.
Respectable Italian wine menu.

I know people use this Hotel as a one night place before embarking or disembarking a vessel, we did the same mistake, only staying one night, because this hotel deserves so much more!! This hotel has a resort feel to it and on my next visit to Ft Lauderdale I will easily stay 3 or more days at this place!

This hotel come HIGHLY recommended, it’s clean, sexy and modern. It’s perfect for everyone. Enjoy

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2010

The pictures on their web site make it look like the hotel is on the ocean. The only ocean we saw was a sliver between the high rises that were on the ocean.

Check you bill very carefully. It was a package deal with parking and breakfast. $32 per person for a croissant and cup of coffee. After reminding the waiter it was included they finally got it right. Same with parking.

They try to come off as a high class hotel. . We had better service at the Comfort Inn for 1/2 the price.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal? Share your experiences!