“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal

You added Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal to your Saves list
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 NE 32nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Formerly Il Lugano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Bern Mittelland District, Switzerland
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stayed 13 days at this wonderful hotel. The people who work in it are excellent, starting at the frontdesk. They always were competent and professional. In the restaurant Judith, Wendy, Byron and Francis were particularly friendly and we appreciate very much their great service response. We would very happy to come back next year!

Toufik & Catherine from Switzerland

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear Toufik S,

Always great to heat such wonderful feedback from our guests, but even more outstanding when a guest has stayed 13 days and had a fantastic experience. I will pass along those fine compliments to those awesome team players that we have here. Please come back and have another great stay soon!

Seth M. Berkeley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The hotel is a good choice for European travellers. It is being in the process of being bought by another company. I hope prices don't go up and multilingual staff stays. I hope also that current hotel policies don't change. Watch out for mating iguanas and I'm told by one staff member there are garden snakes. Giorgia, Deyanna were excellent. I also hope that new management Honours coupons. Should cater more to Europeans and south Americans and less to local clientele.

Room Tip: Quiet hotel except on Saturday nights when drunk baby boomers come to hotel some on boats to drink s...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, July 30, 2014
Dear Giavanna P,

Thank you so much for your kind words about our fantastic property and our awesome staff. I am positive that if and when this property is sold, the greatness that all of our fabulous guests have come to know will absolutely remain.

We hope to see you soon,

Buenos Aires, Argentina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed at the hotel for 15 days. Everything about this hotel is excellent, starting by the people who work in it. Amanda and Jazid, Mariana and Wendy in the restaurant, Marco in Valet parking, I cant remember all the people in the front desk, but everybody made our stay there perfect. We stayed in room 617 on the intracoastal, beautiful and spacious! We would love to come back, and definitively will be our hotel in Fort Lauderdale from now on. I cant say enough about this hotel except do not stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: rooms with intercoastal view are very nice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Ines S,

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us. I will pass along those kind comments to those awesome employees. We strive for perfection and for sure you have noticed our efforts. Please come back and visit us very soon.

British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Thank you soooo much to the manager at this wonderful hotel!! He saved my trip from potentially beginning as a terrible mess. I feel bad that I didn't write down his name... but he knows who he is.

Firstly, to speak about the hotel... great space, great value, clean, great food at the restaurant and great service response to whatever you needed.

However, the main reason I'm writing this review (which is very rare for me) is to thank this manager in particular!!

Sorry this has taken me a while... this trip was 3 weeks ago...

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before our cruise. The day we checked out we proceeded to our cruise and finished the check-in process only to find out in my cabin that I had left my full garment bag in the closet of this hotel!! Needless to say I was so upset because all my nice and expensive (6) dresses were in this bag. (Women can relate to this potential disaster more than the men... but the men can relate to the problem of their unhappy wife;)
It was 4pm and our cruise was to leave at 6pm. My darling husband was ready to take a taxi and go back and pick up this bag but of course was not allowed to leave the ship. I called the hotel and begged them to send this bag by taxi and we would pay for it. Luckily they said they would deal with it. I receive a call on my cell at 4:25pm from the manager saying that he drove down personally and handed the garment bag to the employees at the cruise check in!!! Now that is service above and beyond!!!!!

Thanks again for saving my trip and showing my kids what wonderful service can be. This ended up becoming a fun game to them to see if mama gets her clothes on time for the cruise... Which luckily I did:)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Dear 1l0vet0travel1,

This makes us so proud of our entire staff. We strive to make your stay perfect and it seems we did! I am so elated that you took the time to share your fantastic experience with the public, because this is us everyday. Please come back and share more memories with us in the near future, we only have great things to come.

The best to you and your family,

Littleton, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was our 2nd time staying here and it was perfect in every way! The staff is so friendly, happy and accomodating. I love the luxurious and lovely interior atmoshere! So chic! We stayed here over the 4th of July and loved every minute! We really appreciated the beach chairs and umbrella the front desk loaned us. They may not always have them but sometimes guests leave them behind. We lucked out and they made our beach experience more comfortable.

Our king suite was so nice and comfortable. It was like a roomy condo with a separate bedroom, well apointed bathroom & kitchen and a very pleasant living room. The soft, cozy robes are a nice touch! The bed is super comfortable and they give you an assortment of pillows (some soft, some hard).The veranda has beautiful views and was perfect for viewing surrounding fireworks on the night of the 4th.

The housekeeping staff is so quick, friendly and accomodating when we needed a few kitchen items to cook our morning eggs and they replaced a burned out light bulb at the microwave AND help us tweek our tv when we pushed an incorrect button.

We LOVED da Campo Osteria in house restaurant! Excellent food and staff! Jen was a great bartender and helped us with pizza night. We were misinformed as to the times. The 1/2 off pizzas ended at 7pm and we arrived at 7:30pm. So, after checking around, she allowed us to get the deal. We loved the Prosciutto with Caramelized onions, gorgonzola cheese,
fig jam pizza! So good! The Simi Cabernet Sauvignon was superb! Then on the night of the 4th we had a fantastic meal. I had the risotto pescatore, which is a seafood dish. Delicious! My husband had the chef special-beef medallions, that he said was to die for! They are known for the Fresh Pulled Mozzarella Prepared Tableside, which we will try next time. It looked terrific!

The guys that take you places in the Escalade are great! They took us and picked us up at the Blue Martini/Galleria Mall. On our ride, they were very informative about other places nearby. Next time we'll try Lauderdale by the Sea. It's a quaint area fairly close to the hotel with lots of different restaurants.

We thoroughly enjoyed the lobby bar our last night (Sat) with great music! The guitarist had a beautiful voice and played excellent song after excellent song! We had the best time ever and would love to come back in the future! I highly recommend this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be upgraded to the inland waterway side of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear Deezigner,

Wow is all I can say! You have noticed all of the details that make our property awesome and unique. I am so elated that you had the time to take advantage of most of our incredible little extra touches. I certainly hope that you see us again very soon in the future and enjoy all of us all over again. You make it all worth it for all of us and what we try to do every single day!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have just stayed here for a week (myself, husband and daughter). Great sized suite with great facilities. Excellent service throughout the hotel. Beautiful setting with the waterways or a sea view. Valet parking was easy to use and efficient. One of the nicest hotel's we have stayed in and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: We had a room facing towards the sea which was nice, the views at the back over the waterways would...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear Orlando2010,

We are so pleased that you and your family had a great time here! Our entire staff strives to succeed at the peak of hospitality and for sure you have noticed. Please come back and have another fabulous time soon!

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon before getting on a Caribbean cruise. When we booked it we didn't come across it on most sites but we are very pleased we found it!
The room we stayed in was lovely. It wasn't over looking the waterways which would have been nice but the suite more than made up for it. A large comfy bed, living room area, kitchen, bathroom, washing machine/dryer and 2 massive walk in wardrobes. So much more space than we were expecting and all for a very reasonable price. The rooms were very quiet too.
There is a water taxi stop right behind the hotel and we would strongly recommend getting on and taking a ride as it is a lovely way to get around the city.
The beach is just a short walk away and if you like sunbathing I would recommend that over the pool as this was in the shade until the afternoon.
We were very surprised how big FL was and had to get taxi's to most places so this did add up a bit but worth it to see everything it had to offer.
We ate in the restaurant one night and the food was beautiful. Martorano's just around the corner also serves beautiful food.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear TBTA,

Congratulations on your wedding!!!! Thank you for making us a part of such an exciting celebration. We here at Il Lugano wish you many years of bliss. We also love our amenities and think that the Water Taxi is so much fun. Please come back and celebrate with us again very soon.

The very best to you,

Seth M. Berkeley

Been to Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal? Share your experiences!