“The best hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal

You added Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal to your Saves list
Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3333 NE 32nd Ave, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308 (Formerly Il Lugano Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed a lot at this wonderful hotel and it's amazing! The beauty of the facility is gorgeous and the rooms have the most gorgeous views ever! The staff is truly incredible and the restaurant is absolutely fantastic. I can assure you, you'll enjoy your stay there!

Penny England

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Penny E,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your lovely review of the il Lugano. We are incredibly happy that you had such a nice time with us during your stay. We are excited to have you back again the next time you visit Ft Lauderdale!

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel is beautiful inside! We stayed here when we got married before departing for our honeymoon. The rooms are gorgeous and have very tall ceilings. I felt like I was in a movie! The balcony overlooking the inter coastal waterway was quite a magnificent view. I just loved eating breakfast out on our balcony each morning (even though they do not provide breakfast). Our suite was one of the cheaper suites but it still had a washer and dryer, dishwasher, and toaster, oven, and microwave. The pool was rather small and mostly shaded but the area surrounding it had many padded sun chairs/beds where you could lay out. The hotel bar had very friendly bartenders and had a nice atmosphere. There were a lot of shops and salons, bars, and restaurants in walking distance of Il Lugano which made it nice because many of my guests who stayed there for my wedding did not rent vehicles.

The staff initially were not friendly and an issue arouse where I was told the shuttle service to transport my guests to my wedding would not be available. Initially I was told the hotel had a shuttle within a 3-mile-radius. I reported this to the general manager who promptly took action to ensure everyone would make it to my wedding via the shuttle service. She was wonderful and made sure all my guests had transportation both TO and FROM my wedding!

This hotel is priced right also!

Room Tip: Get a "water view" room, otherwise you will have to look at the parking lot from your beau...
Dear Stacie K,

First and foremost congratulations on your wedding! We greatly appreciate you having your wedding guests stay with us and I'm delighted that overall you enjoyed your stay here. I apologize about the initial issues with the shuttle situation and I am glad that all got situated out for you. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope you can join us again in the near future!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Had a three night stay at the Il Lugano Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale, FL over the Columbus Day weekend. The facility was beautiful. Between the ocean and the intercostal waterway, just north of Oakland Park Blvd, close to A1A. Our two room suite was on the top floor, the tenth floor. It was tastefully decorated, quite and very relaxing. We enjoyed the suite's balcony overlooking the Atlantic ocean, and spent late evenings enjoying the cool ocean breeze and early mornings watching the sun rise over the Atlantic. We had a king bed that was very comfortable. The hotel staff were pleasant and professional, ready with directions or recommendations regarding attractions or restaurants Over all the Il Lugano is very upscale. We definitely would return to this facility when we return to the Ft. Lauderdale area. However they only offer valet parking at a cost of $25 per night . If one desired to self park one has to use the municipal lot across the street (free 6 PM to 8 AM) and metered at all other times. This was the only negative of our entire stay, and a minor one at that. Overall the facility is outstanding and my spouse loved it and said it was the best accommodation we've had since returning from Egypt a bit over six years ago.

Room Tip: Our room 1004 overlooked A1A and the Atlantic Ocean to the East of the hotel. We had a fantastic v...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear daDD144, Thanks so much for your great comments on our fabulous Hotel and team – we are very proud of our hotel and love to hear from our guests about their great stays with us!. We look forward to welcoming you back in to the IL Lugano Hotel when you are next in Florida. Best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager.
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

The place was very upscale. Staff was very friendly and held open all doors. We were able to get a room upgrade without even asking. The hotel is located next to a strip of restaurants so dining options was not a problem. Hotel has views of the inner costal and the ocean. Beach is only a couple minute walk.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chris, So glad you had a great time. We have the best of both worlds here – great Intercoastal location and the beach just a few blocks away – it doesn’t get better than this!. See you next trip – best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager.
Matawan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Overall a wonderful stay. Some things made it a little different such as a very small driveway to come in but I guess that is what you get with a boutique hotel. Very good view when you get the intracoastal side, recommended. The rooms were large and comfortable. The kitchen was a nice addition. My only complaint would be the bathrooms. With large rooms and beautiful area they could have done more with the bathrooms, at the very least shower door rather then a curtain. But overall a great experience and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Go high on the water side.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Breakout58, Thanks for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel. With our large rooms and amenities, Il Lugano is perfect for that overnight getaway or a extended stay here in sunny Florida!. We look forward to welcoming you back soon to Fort Lauderdale. Best regards Amanda Hawkins-Vogel/General Manager
Barbados
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and i stayed here in September and had a really nice stay the staff are amazing always helpful and the room was great and the restaurant serves the best soup i have ever had the view from are room was great room 714

Room Tip: go for the inter coastal room the view is great and go to the blue jeans blue bar across the road
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
ilLuganoHotel, General Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear paulk1234,

Thank you for your recent feedback and for being a guest of ours this past month. I'm delighted to hear how you enjoyed Da Campo Osteria and the il Lugano. We're happy to have you join us again any time you would like!

Kind Regards,

Amanda Hawkins-Vogel
Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Yesterday morning I wanted to buy a gift certificate to surprise my sister for her bday. Since my RE office is just steps away and I had about 1 hour before she arrived(we own the office) at the office, I decided to stop by Il Lugano, a place that I frequent and love... the ambiance and restaurant...Since she never tried it, I wanted to give her a certificate from there. I am not only a frequent, but also send my clients (I work with a lot of foreign buyers) to stay there while we go out and help them purchase their beach property...and I have recommended many times the nice bar and restaurant as well.
Everything that I thought about this place changed yesterday when I arrived at the front desk and mr. NO personality, Mr. Koenig asked me how he could help me. The story ends like this, I waited over 15 minutes to see a person named Carly, who never showed up, no manager came to apologize, and all I saw were staff members coming in and out of an office. The staff member didn't even apologize. I had to leave and left my business card with the front desk staff member, Mr. Koenig; hoping to hear from a manager and expecting to have someone deliver the certificate to my office...(remember...walking distance) to my surprise, not even a call. My view of this hotel-condo will never be the same, I will definitely not recommend a place that lacks customer service and professionalism.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
ilLuganoHotel, Manager at Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear Travelgirly,

I'm incredibly sorry about your interaction and negative experience this past week. One of our Executive Committee members has reached out to your email already and I trust you've since recieved that communication from us. It is very unlike our staff to not recognize a guest who is in need of assistance so with that I truly do apologize. Please be sure to stay in communication with us so that we may win back your loyalty.

Best Regards,

Director of Rooms

Been to Residence Inn By Marriott Fort Lauderdale Intracostal? Share your experiences!