“The Best!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 133 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
New York City, New York
“The Best!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2011

This upscale boutique hotel has the best service and staff have experienced. They were efficient, friendly, and very helpful We stayed in a suite with an attached room for myself, my husband, and three teens. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable with beautifully designed. The rooms had a roomy terrace overlooking the intercoastal. Although the location is not in the immediate downtown Fort Lauderdale area, it is still a good lacation. The hotel has a shuttle service to the local areas. It also provides transportation to and from the airport at a reasonable rate and has concierge service for other types of transportation and signtseeing information. it is conveniently situated at a water taxi stop on the intercoastal which is a slower but enjoyable way to get around. There is a restaurant in the hotel and also places to eat and shop in walking distance. There is a pool but it is a bit shaded for most of the day. Staying at this hotel was a great experience and I am looking forward to staying again on my next trip to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
ilLuganoHotel, Director of Rooms at Il Lugano Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience with our TripAdvisor readers. While the pool may be shaded for part of the day, we are just a short walk across the street from the beach to enjoy the direct sunlight. I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience and that you will stay with us again the next time you are in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

il Lugano Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011 via mobile

Very modern and very clean! Great customer service. It is a bit out of the way and ocean view is from a bit of a distance, but still very nice on the large outdoor patio. Bring a hair dryer, none provided in the room. Over all a very nice stay.

• Stayed July 2011
ilLuganoHotel, Director of Rooms at Il Lugano Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your previous stay. While we are not directly located on the beach, we are just a short walk across the street. I sincerely apologize that we did not have a hairdryer in your room. This is not the norm, as we typically have a hairdryer in all guest rooms. Please think of us the next time you come to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This hotel was the best ever! It was all that I wanted & more. I can’t wait to go back!

My week with Il Lugano was absolutely wonderful. We arrived about 3-4 hours prior to the regular check in time. The front desk offered to keep our baggage securely & offered us full access to the hotel & its amenities - pool, business area, car etc. They took my number & called me within an hour to let me know that my room was ready. We had a car rental although I stress to those who are unsure about a rental you dont have to have one. There are lots of places nearby to walk, use the water taxi or use the free Cadillac Escalade transportation provided by the hotel. We booked room 610 which was the Jr. Suite facing the Intercoastal waterway. The balcony was fully furnished with new furniture & the room was impeccably clean. The bathroom was very roomy & comfortable. It had a full size bathtub & shower roomy for 2 (I didn’t expect that), private toiletry area, great shelves for plenty of my cosmetics & his hygiene products. The room came with a hairdryer, full kitchen, washer & dryer & all of the products needed to do laundry, wash dishes in the dishwasher etc.. The bed was super comfortable & the room had a sofa, 2 flat screen TVs in separate areas of the room, a full dresser, 2 nightstands, a full walk in closet & another closet with super plush bathrobes, security safe & dishes (upon request).The accommodations of the entire hotel were so beautiful & peaceful. The staff were superb from the front door entry bellmen that always opened the door Every Single Time I came in & exited, to the most accommodating front desk & housekeeping staff. The location could not have been more perfect. It was a couple of blocks away from the beach which was a very short walking distance & the walk was quiet, well lit & SAFE. I didn’t want to stay on the beach because I worried about the noise at all hours with the busy tourist & kids. I wanted some peace & to have the option of going to the activity --- but not stay in it. I have never been anywhere that has an elevator waiting for me each time I push the button. REALLY. This hotel did that & it was fully booked - Fourth of July. The lobby & elevator music provided great ambiance to the whole hotel. Every day if you walk out to the waterway from the hotel rear there was cold, fresh lemon/lime water. Yes, we worked out in the gym & the equipment was really nice. The treadmill had its own TV screen & the exercise room provided complimentary ear headsets for you upon entry with towels. The exercise room faced the waterway which was pleasant. The pool & hot tub was not busy at all - max 4 people at a time when I passed through. Romantic @ night too. My favorite part was the private little cabanas for a quick retreat overlooking the waterway. It was rarely occupied & was relaxing. I could go on & on. The hotel provides you with beach towels to take away if you are heading out for fun. I think the wi fi could be stronger from my room, but who needed to work anyway! Toss it out the door. All other details were PERFECT. There was an awesome Water Taxi that stopped here at the end of its line all day. Please take it as it is soooo worth it & will add great pleasure to your trip. Very, very worth it. I am a very picky traveler & want safety, cleanliness, peace & comfort when I go on vacation. Il Lugano provided me with classy service & great ambiance. . Enjoy your visit. Choose this place.

Side note although it was the week of the 4th of July, FLL was not busy or overcrowded. I cant remember having to wait for a table once anywhere. The festivities started the entire weekend prior to the fourth so I had the luxury of seeing fireworks from my balcony! We paid the meter across the street which eliminated the hotel valet fee. Meter started at 8am-6pm. After 6 pm its free. Be on time or the city will ticket you quickly.

Room Tip: Intercoastal waterway is fantastic!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience here at il Lugano Hotel. It was our pleasure providing you the fabulous service and amenities you described in detail. We cannot wait to have you back!

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

My family (wife, 5yr old girl, 7 yr old boy) stayed at the Il Lugano for three nights this July in the grand suite. Normally we would not be staying in grand suites on our budget, but the cost of upgrading to the suite accommodation was very reasonable. The one bedroom suite with kitchen and living room was beautiful, but the best part was the massive balcony. Each night after the kids were asleep on the pull out sofa in the living room, my wife and I enjoyed time on the balcony overlooking the inter-coastal waterway. It was the nicest balcony we've ever had at any hotel.

The hotel was great for my family's needs because of the extra space offered in the suite. Once we realized that we couldn't afford a large room on the beach, we decided that even though Il Lugano isn't on the ocean, it was worth the trade off. We drove to Ft. Lauderdale beach and parked in the Hugh Taylor Birch State Park ($6 per car) and walked through the pedestrian tunnel to the beach. This was easy. We ate lunch at Primanti Bros. and loved it (just know that is gets very crowded at lunchtime).

Overall I would highly recommend the Il Lugano for families or for couples looking for something both trendy but comfortable. Wonderful bed, huge bathroom (but small bathtub for the size of the bathroom), stocked kitchen, excellent service, awesome balcony, new and clean. Be sure to ask about that upgrade. It's well worth the modest cost.

Room Tip: Ask about upgrade
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about our spacious suites here at the il Lugano Hotel. We always want to ensure our guests receive the best available room type and that’s why we inform our guests about any available upgrades we may have. Thank you for sharing the “ask about upgrade” room tip with our TripAdvisor readers. We hope to have you in one of our upgraded suites again soon.

Panama City, Panama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011 via mobile

I stayed with my girlfriend for three days and the attention is just superb. Best hotel I have stayed in ages, thanks a lot guys!

• Stayed July 2011
Being the "best hotel you have stayed at in ages" is quite the compliment. Exceeding our guests' expectations is our ultimate goal. Thank you for choosing to stay at the il Lugano Hotel.

DuBois, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

il Lugano was a stunning property and the room was very spacious and clean. However, every time we asked the Concierge for assistance she acted as though we were a burden to her. She was actually very rude to me at one point when I asked a simple question. The other services at the Hotel were outstanding though and we would love to come back again. Next time though, I would hope for better Concierge Service, seeing it is her job to assist the guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
ilLuganoHotel, Director of Rooms at Il Lugano Hotel, responded to this review, August 2, 2011
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. I sincerely apologize for the service you receive while here at the il Lugano Hotel. I assure you this is not the norm as our entire guest service team is here to ensure each and every guest feels welcomed and all of their needs and requests are met to his/her ultimate satisfaction. I hope that you will come back to the il Lugano Hotel and give us the opportunity to show you what a true il Lugano stay is really like.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

My husband was in Ft Lauderdale for business and I tagged along. While he was working during the day I was going to the fitness center at the hotel and hanging out by the pool. The pool is not large but it is perfectly adequate for the amount of individuals that were going to the pool. One of the staff members would frequently come around and provide drinks of lemon water as well as some yummy watermelon shaved ice. Everyone from the front desk staff to the valet service was friendly and made us feel welcome. The full kitchen in our room was great! I would definately stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback about the friendly service you received from everyone within our guest services team. Making our guests feel welcome is our top priority. We look forward to hosting your next stay.

il Lugano Hotel

Been to Il Lugano Hotel? Share your experiences!